Need To Buy A Motorcycle Helmet

JoePai

every major street in Pattaya has at least 4 to 40 motorcycle shops. so, beach, 2nd, 3rd, south, central, north, sukhumvit, thepprasit, thappraya, jomtien beach road, soi siam, soi nernplabwarn, soi kao noi, soi kao talo, soi day night, etc... shit, you can probably get a nice Index helmet on Walking Street at any given moment of the day.

it's not where you buy the helmet, it's what helmet you buy. we all like you and we want you to arrive alive, so buy the best one they got!

every major street in Pattaya has at least 4 to 40 motorcycle shops. so, beach, 2nd, 3rd, south, central, north, sukhumvit, thepprasit, thappraya, jomtien beach road, soi siam, soi nernplabwarn, soi kao noi, soi kao talo, soi day night, etc... shit, you can probably get a nice Index helmet on Walking Street at any given moment of the day.

it's not where you buy the helmet, it's what helmet you buy. we all like you and we want you to arrive alive, so buy the best one they got!

Errrr have you tried buying a helmet in any of the motorcycle shops ? They are all (A) poor quality and (:) for too small for my big :D head.

Now, any bikers out there who understand about helmets please ?

Cheers

Errrr have you tried buying a helmet in any of the motorcycle shops ? They are all (A) poor quality and (:D for too small for my big :D head.

Now, any bikers out there who understand about helmets please ?

Cheers

well, i happen to own 3 helmets. 2 were purchased from the Yamaha dealer. Watcharin Yamaha, on Sukhumvit. the other is an Index (http://images03.olx.com.ph/ui/2/74/96/17356896_1.jpg). maybe you should've explained your post a little better when you said you only wanted answers from professional foreign bikers with big heads.

and i'm a foreigner. i'm pretty good at picking out a helmet to fit my big head without asking stupid questions :) just go to a few shops and try some helmets on.

Try the Kawasaki dealership on the Sukhumvit road as they have a good selection of helmets.

It's on the southbound side of the highway between Pattaya Klang (Central road) and Pattaya Tai (South road)

Try the Kawasaki dealership on the Sukhumvit road as they have a good selection of helmets.

It's on the southbound side of the highway between Pattaya Klang (Central road) and Pattaya Tai (South road)

A big thank you - have just been to the Kawasaki shop and bought one - managed to find one my size :)

Thank you for all your help.

If you can locate them i think Real brand helmets are good. They are made in thailand but seem to have a decent safety rating. I have not seen them in pattaya

A few of the Mityon dealerships have them. Best selection I have seen is the new one on Theppesit Rd. It has an upstairs with a nice selection of gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried a Nexx XR1R helmet? (I can't post the url but there is a website showing the specifications)

I tried one on in a shop in BKK and it fits my egg head the best of any other expensive brands and way better than Index - I think it is the cheek pads inside that give it a good fit.

There were 2 prices - 10,900 and 13,900. The more expensive one had a Carbon fibre shell and the cheaper one was a composite carbon/kevlar. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra 3000 what is the benefit of all carbon fibre?

^ Carbon Fibre is very strong & also very light, would have to be a special weave to be effective in a crash helmet as it can crack easily when exposed to high shocks! would want to make sure it had a high "dot or Snell" rating before parting with any cash.

Anyone tried a Nexx XR1R helmet? (I can't post the url but there is a website showing the specifications)

I tried one on in a shop in BKK and it fits my egg head the best of any other expensive brands and way better than Index - I think it is the cheek pads inside that give it a good fit.

There were 2 prices - 10,900 and 13,900. The more expensive one had a Carbon fibre shell and the cheaper one was a composite carbon/kevlar. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra 3000 what is the benefit of all carbon fibre?

Gets a great review at webbikeworld: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nexx-xr1r/. The carbon fiber model weighs only slightly less, probably not worth the extra cost.

The Nexx X30 flip lid looks most appealing: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nexx-x30/

I suppose the shop in BKK didn't have that one? BTW, why don't you tell us the name of the shop?