Police Force

toenail

It looks like the Reds can do anything they want, so Pattaya would be one of their targets. Is the policeforce "on guard" or are they busy giving out tickets to motorcycle drivers and not being pro-active. It would seem CITY HALL would make sure these guys in brown are on alert.

This morning, just before 9 I drove along City Hall, there where Police guarding. Dont know what you are talking about. Maybe you relax a little and you have a look around yourself.

Police in Pattaya is doing a good Job, witch includes giving out Traffic Tickets btw.

It would be difficult to be "pro-active" to an extent that every possible place to loot and burn is covered.

But I believe they have a good ear on the ground (so to speak) about potential trouble.

Pattaya Police get a lot a bad reviews but that's just because the good stories are less entertaining or talked about.

if you are not abusive nor aggressive, Thai Police are generally as good to you as those in almost any other country.

Edited by petercool

It would be difficult to be "pro-active" to an extent that every possible place to loot and burn is covered.

But I believe they have a good ear on the ground (so to speak) about potential trouble.

Pattaya Police get a lot a bad reviews but that's just because the good stories are less entertaining or talked about.

if you are not abusive nor aggressive, Thai Police are generally as good to you as those in almost any other country.

With the exception that they rarely solve cases like break ins (we are taking fingerprints....!).

However as there is no residential registration for Thai's (or it is very poorly implemented), people come and go with little chances to locate them.

For ordinary work, the police is not that bad, I agree.

I have heard so many stories about police being so bad because they stop you for having no driving licence, no bike helmet, no work permit, no girlie-bar licence, illegal parking, overdue visas, etc ... ad nauseam. Were they wrong ? And weren't you able to settle on the spot at a saving and for considerably less than fines in the UK ?

This is a land of insufficient funding for all sorts of departments, including police. If it is possible, and you are wrong, they will fine you to self fund their police stations and staff. So be it. That's how it works. As for break-ins I would be interested in any statistics on successful arrests in cases of break-ins solved in the UK.