Kor Lor 2

Has anyone actually ordered one, 'cause we have been married 20 years and the record is not on-line. The civil servants at Pattaya Amphur were of no help, and made vague references to having to go to Bangkok to get it ourselves.

Lopburi, do you know if someone else - lawyer, notary, even friend can do it?

If it is not on-line you will most likely have to visit the office you were married.

Normally you can authorize someone to do it for you. Make a declaration in which you authorize a person which you name with ID card and have your wife sign it and attach a copy of her ID card to it. Of course it has to be in Thai. Call the amphur to check to be sure.

Thanks a lot - great to have you here.

Normally you can authorize someone to do it for you. Make a declaration in which you authorize a person which you name with ID card and have your wife sign it and attach a copy of her ID card to it. Of course it has to be in Thai. Call the amphur to check to be sure.

That is Bangkok. Sorry to have to ask this but the wife is kind of an airhead. :) Which office would that be?

Thank you very much.

If it is not on-line you will most likely have to visit the office you were married.

You, (or your representative with power of attorny paper) will have to go to the Khet (district) office in BKK where you registered your marriage.

Depending on Khet they may want to see the originals of wife ID, your PP and Marriage Certificate (Kor Ror 3).

At least our Khet (Rachaburana) does and they keep a copy of each.

opalhort

It looks like I have beat the odds on this one.

After confirming at least 4 times we did not have a Nor Lor 2 or a 'book' - I don't know what book she was referring to, and establishing that I have been extending my non-imm O, married to Thai visa for 16 years and have been married 21, my application is now in processing with the standard "come back and check in a month". This was Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration.