Non-imm O Multi-entry Visa

My family and I are currently living in Thailand and wanting to apply for a Non-immigrant O, Multi-entry visa (12 months) when our current visa expires. We are Americans.

I've read through several posts but have not seen any recent posts on the subject. Would appreciate any helpful info from those of you seeking this type of visa on recent visa trips (Please note that we are *not* seeking info on Non-imm O marriage visas.)

Specifically, would you recommend Perth, Singapore, Malaysia, the US, or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Multiple-entry O visas will not be available to you in Southeast Asia and even in your home country these long-term, multiple-entry visas are only issued for specific reasons.

You said you and your family are all living here. To stay here is there an intention to work? Go to school? In both cases you could obtain assistance in getting the correct visa from an employer or school. If you could provide more specific information about your situation and your reason/plan for staying in Thailand it would be easier to offer advice.

As for the rules on Non-Immigrant O (and even B/business) visas:

Since you are not married to a Thai national you can obtain an investment visas (non-immigrant O) if you should decide to invest in the Kingdom and have 10 million baht worth of investments either on a condominium purchase or a deposit in a fixed account in a Thai Bank. Or,

(3) Employment visas (non-immigrant B, not O) is also available for you should you decide to find an employment in Thailand or to register your own business. Extensions of stay can be obtained at the Immigration in Thailand for 1 year (subject to qualifications e.g. work permit for non-immigrant B visa holders).

Non-Immigrant O visas are commonly obtained in the United Kingdom through self-certification of financial status. The same is not the case in the U.S.

Also note that if you apply for a visa in Perth using the reason of visiting friends and immigration find out at a later stage this is not the case, then your visa will be revoked.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

I am from the UK, so you will need to double check it is the same for US citizens but I contacted perth last month as I too want the same visa (not married to a thai)

Please note this is what I was told from the consulates in hull and perth, and I have not done either YET but I will do in 6 months time :)

They said you CAN get a non o based on visiting friends or family from there....however you need the following:

a copy of an id card or passport from whoever you are visiting, if it is thai then a copy of their id card is fine, get them to sign the copy too, may also be worth getting them to write you a quick letter in english and sign it asking for the to give you a visa as you are visiting them...although i am not sure you defo need this but no harm in taking t with you.

if you are visiting a fellow westerner here, as i am (ie mother from the uk) that is fine too to support your application, however you need a copy of their passport and their visa (she is on a non o too and NOT married to a thai and does NOT own a property) < i asked perth a million times that this was ok as I was paranoid incase of a wasted trip, and they said yes :D

again maybe take a letter from them too - allthough not sure you need it.

You can also make an appointment in advance so they know you are coming, be sure that you go when they are open for visa applications which is a tuesday and thursday. you will then get your passport and o visas back on the same day

Another option (and again check incase its different if you are from the us)......is to LEAVE thailand and go to a neighboring country and send your passport to a friend in the uk, with all your visa forms and info (send via insured post!) they can then post to the consulate in hull from the uk for you. - i didnt know you could do this but it was actually the CONSULATE in hull that suggested this to me as i asked a similar question to them as you initially have.

the thing with this is you must must be out of thailand, and you cannot send your passport and visa application from here directly as they told me they cannot accept it, and they will not post it back overseas, hence why the consulate told me to send to someone already in the uk and they will return it back to them. you would then remain in a neighbouring country untill your friend or whoever posts it back to you. then you come back to thailand and have your non o. - this method is not for everyone and DO NOT confuse it with the dodgy visa service that is knocking about (ie where u stay in thailand and give your passport to some geezer to 'sort' it for you) plus there is always the risk of the postal service misplacing your mail - but all depends on the individual :D

anyways best bet is to a) email perths consulate (they apart from the UK for me anyway) are the only places a non o without being married to a thai can be given and b )if you fancy the postal option a holiday elsewhere in SE Asia contact hull and see if you can get a visa from there

hope this helps a little