Personal Trainers

w11guy

If you're a member at True Fitness at Exchange Tower, I can thoroughly recommend a trainer by the name of Ritt. Speaks English very well. Trains in a very similar manner to my trainer here in Paris (i.e. very good comprehension of the importance of form, yet can also push you hard if you want that too). Tell him Tim recommended him.

If you're a member at True Fitness at Exchange Tower, I can thoroughly recommend a trainer by the name of Ritt. Speaks English very well. Trains in a very similar manner to my trainer here in Paris (i.e. very good comprehension of the importance of form, yet can also push you hard if you want that too). Tell him Tim recommended him.

Just wondering what people get out of a personal trainer ? Isn't it nicer to train with a buddy ? I train alone and at home but i cant say i ever slack off and read up a lot about training methods but in the end every body is different.

Just out of curiosity what do you pay a personal trainer ?

Just wondering what people get out of a personal trainer ? Isn't it nicer to train with a buddy ? I train alone and at home but i cant say i ever slack off and read up a lot about training methods but in the end every body is different.

You can better results and more quickly if you use a personal trainer. An experienced trainer can tell you things that may take you a decade to learn alone. They should also have university degrees in physiology or sports science, etc, so they have an expert undertsanding, which is not really possible for teh average person. I have had excellent results using personal trainers in the UK. Didn't get anywhere near the results when training on my own. They are also great at motivating you and pushing you harder than you may go if on your own. But it's any individual thing. It works for me. I think they are around 1,000 baht an hour in BKK. Well worth in in my opinion.

You can better results and more quickly if you use a personal trainer. An experienced trainer can tell you things that may take you a decade to learn alone. They should also have university degrees in physiology or sports science, etc, so they have an expert undertsanding, which is not really possible for teh average person. I have had excellent results using personal trainers in the UK. Didn't get anywhere near the results when training on my own. They are also great at motivating you and pushing you harder than you may go if on your own. But it's any individual thing. It works for me. I think they are around 1,000 baht an hour in BKK. Well worth in in my opinion.

I dont consider myself the average person having read more about training then most. Most university educated trainers dont know squat. The real pro's are the bodybuilders themselves IMHO. I think it also depends on how strong you are mentally, i mean if your weak and need guidance and need to be pushed.. or if you know how to motivate and push yourself.

All it takes is learning to know your body and mind, in Holland i have seen a few personal trainers who did not know much about diet training and so on. I am sure there are good ones but i think on average most are not that good. I got much better results after i started learning and reading about it then listening to trainers. Then again on average the people doing the training don't know much either.

How old are you and do you do core exercises like squat, bench press, dead lifts ? Because if they are not your really missing something (unless your body can't take it for some reasons, like injuries)

So i can agree with you that for the average person without much motivation or knowledge a personal trainer is a good idea. (also if you dont have the time to gain more knowledge about diet and training).

Must say that even though i am older now i get better results as when i was 20. Mainly because of a better diet and of course adding deadlift and squat. I used to worry about my back but since i have added those exercises im going so fast its hard to believe. (all because my trainers in Holland said they were dangerous.. but for real they just did not want to monitor people)

Edited by robblok

I dont consider myself the average person having read more about training then most. Most university educated trainers dont know squat. The real pro's are the bodybuilders themselves IMHO. I think it also depends on how strong you are mentally, i mean if your weak and need guidance and need to be pushed.. or if you know how to motivate and push yourself.

All it takes is learning to know your body and mind, in Holland i have seen a few personal trainers who did not know much about diet training and so on. I am sure there are good ones but i think on average most are not that good. I got much better results after i started learning and reading about it then listening to trainers. Then again on average the people doing the training don't know much either.

How old are you and do you do core exercises like squat, bench press, dead lifts ? Because if they are not your really missing something (unless your body can't take it for some reasons, like injuries)

So i can agree with you that for the average person without much motivation or knowledge a personal trainer is a good idea. (also if you dont have the time to gain more knowledge about diet and training).

Must say that even though i am older now i get better results as when i was 20. Mainly because of a better diet and of course adding deadlift and squat. I used to worry about my back but since i have added those exercises im going so fast its hard to believe. (all because my trainers in Holland said they were dangerous.. but for real they just did not want to monitor people)

I think most of what you say is right. But every top sportsperson in the world has a coach, not matter how good they are and how strong they are mentally. A good coach/trainer can spot things that you can't. All I know is that I have had personal trainers in the past and the results were much better than I achieved on my own. I also have had soe rubbish trainers who I gave up on after one or two sessions. I'm not talking about a personal trainer who's done a one day course, like you get at some big gyms in the UK. I'm talking about a trainer who's done the work themselves and knows from experience as well.

I have also had coaches in other areas of my life, such as business. Again they have really helped. They help you see things more clearly and hold you accountable.

So if you have a few million in the bank, a great physique, are super health, have a wonderful family life and supremely happy, then yes you can get by without a coach. But I for one need a coach in some of these areas. And the good ones have always helped me. And I know many other people that they have also helped.

But just to clarify one thing, I don't see a personal trainer as someone who just stands there and tells you what to do. He should be teaching you good habits and qood routines, so that you can learn these things yourself. It's quicker and better to learn one to one like this.

I think most of what you say is right. But every top sportsperson in the world has a coach, not matter how good they are and how strong they are mentally. A good coach/trainer can spot things that you can't. All I know is that I have had personal trainers in the past and the results were much better than I achieved on my own. I also have had soe rubbish trainers who I gave up on after one or two sessions. I'm not talking about a personal trainer who's done a one day course, like you get at some big gyms in the UK. I'm talking about a trainer who's done the work themselves and knows from experience as well.

I have also had coaches in other areas of my life, such as business. Again they have really helped. They help you see things more clearly and hold you accountable.

So if you have a few million in the bank, a great physique, are super health, have a wonderful family life and supremely happy, then yes you can get by without a coach. But I for one need a coach in some of these areas. And the good ones have always helped me. And I know many other people that they have also helped.

But just to clarify one thing, I don't see a personal trainer as someone who just stands there and tells you what to do. He should be teaching you good habits and qood routines, so that you can learn these things yourself. It's quicker and better to learn one to one like this.

I got real good personal coach as a client (im an accountant). I am more a down to earth kind of guy and don't like the floaty kind of things. The books i see my client read and things he does seem a bit overboard for me. But many people like it. So each to his / her own.

But you are right there are good and bad coaches and they must train them self too else they dont know what it is. I workout a lot and know my body quite well and when i need help i workout with a friend of mine but mostly i train alone at home (got my own small gym with all that i need).

I believe that diet is real vital to progress.. much more then most people realise