How German Is Your Helmet?

Sure is, had an O'neal carbon fibre/kevlar one sent from overseas, had to pay import duty but had it described as a hat so avoided the 100% tax. Even with the import duty I did have to pay it still worked out a lot cheaper than buying a similar spec helmet here in Thailand. If I do it again I'll use USPS and not FedEx as there's less chance of duty being charged if sent through normal post.

Yes, of course. Go to BKK Motorcycle or Barcelona BMW and they have BMW Helmets, made by Schubert

If "made by Schubert" that would make them about 200 years old! :) If you wanted a musical helmet then an Ipod connected to your "made by Schuberth" helmet would probably be a better idea. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the info.

Any idea how much they sell them for?

Are they the BMW "System" helmets with the built in sunvisors? Or other Schuberth non-BMW branded models?

KIF KIF bought my BMW helmet and now I want the Schuberth reconditioned. As the foam inside is crumbling. Don't ask, the prices were beyond good and evil (and dad paying for the helmets :) )

Q: Where can I get mine reconditioned or re-foamed or whatever the term is?

A Thai biker friend wants me to bring a helmet over from Germany with German specs. https://www.polo-motorrad.de/de/helme-und-brillen.html?cat=2790 English: https://www.polo-motorrad.de/en/helme-und-brillen.html?cat=2790&___from_store=de

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Kf6vci

9 of the 10 times when the foam inside a helmet is crumbling, the helmet is older then 5-years. And with helmets more than 5-years old the only smart thing to do is never wear it again and buy a new one.