Duty Paid Limits On Wine

Duty Paid Limits on Wine

Hi

I know that the duty free limit is 1 litre, if purchased duty free, usually at the airport, on the way to Thailand.

But does anyone know the limit on bringing wine into Thailand, if purchased at a normal shop, example local supermarket.

Maybe I'm getting confused with EU regulations and Thailand doesn't differentiate between Duty Free and non Duty Free purchases.

Thanks.

Believe Thai Customs Department is talking about THAI duties, so if you've bought wine at a foreign, to Thailand, discount outlet, it is NOT Thai duty paid, so you'll have to pay. Be sure to declare it on arrival. As you note, only 1 liter THAI duty free.

Mac

No don't do that!

Best plan is don't take it into the country period. You can't just declare it, pay up and walk away. They confiscate the lot including your allowance and fine you many time the Thai duty.

If you do bring it, just walk through the green channel and pray to whatever God you believe in that you'll get through. But make sure you're carrying lots of cash and are prepared for the grandfather of all roendfoeks (sp?).

That's as I believe it to be.

Do not declare it!

Just walk through the green channel but only if the quantity is not more than one liter!

It makes no difference whre you bought it.

opalhort

Arriving recently I noticed that the Customs Notice in the arrivals hall specified,

Spirituous liquor, there is no spirit in wine. Have the rules been changed, can anyone clarify?

Prohibitions :

- Narcotics

- Obscene printed materials

- Preserved wildlife

Limitations :

Some kind of stuffs to be imported or exported shall have the permission from the related authorities such as

- Firearm (Royal Thai Police)

- Explosive (Royal Thai Police)

- Statue of Buddha(Customs Department)

- Antiques (Customs Department)

- Telecommunication Equipment

- Plants (Department of Agriculture)

- Certain tyes of drugs and chemicals (Food and Drug Administration)

Duty exempted personal effects:

- Personal effects, with value not more than THB 10,000.-

- Not more than 200 cigarettes

- not more than 250 g cigars or tobacco

- not more than 1 liter liquor

Forget about the spirits part, focus on the liquor part.