Finding A Thai Factory For Jewelry Line

My sister is is a jewelry designer in the US and wants to begin her own line and store there. I've been told Thailand is a great place to send drawings/CAD designs to have things manufactured (chains, settings, mounting, etc) and sent back for assembly, stone mounting, and sale.

Anyone on this forum know anything about that? Any advice, warning, tips etc. would be appreciated. I am in the area interested in getting to the bottom of the issue soon for her.

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

My name is Yannick Mandaba (French established in Thailand, production Manager).

Our company is established in the center of Bangkok and specialized in Custom Made Jewelry.

We make jewelry for our customers and help them to finalize their projects, make prototypes and set prices for the type of production our customer is planning to do.

Therefore there is no minimum quantity, only a progressive Low Quantity Surcharge for very small production. (see the link below for more details). It is intended to help our customers testing a product on the market before starting bigger productions.

1) We start with sending you an Agreement (contract, optional) for the protection of your designs. And then you send us the first designs so that we can make a first quotation. You can also send us a first design just to know our prices and sign contract later when you decide to work with us with more designs.

2) After a couple of days we give you a very detailed QUOTATION for PROTOTYPES which is the price to make the first piece(s). It includes a PROTOTYPING FEE for the design 3D if needed, wax printing or wax by hand, making a master piece in Silver, and then a mold from it.

3) Once the sample pieces are finished we will have enough data to prepare a QUOTATION for PRODUCTION in quantities.

Process summary:

1- Design (and wax modeling if necessary prior to quote)

2- Quote for Prototype (based on estimates)

3- Payment, first pieces are made

4- Precise Quote for production in quantities

5- Orders (LQS for small order)

I look forward to learn a little more about your project (your company address for the agreements if you need them, and then some pictures, drafts or technical designs with dimensions for us to make a first quote).

Yannick Mandaba

Personal profile: (you can google my name)

Quadrature

Manja Thai Co., Ltd.

50/31, Pan Road, Silom,

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500,

Thailand

Tel: +66 2635 0858

Fax: +66 2635 0859

You can google "custom jewelry manufacturing Thailand" and we should be in the first ones to come.

Or just send me an email

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate it. My sister is the Lead Designer for a very successful jewelry company here in the States, had her stuff in Oscar giftbags, on movie stars, etc. She is extremely talented, but looking to start her own small atelier in the US, because right now she just designs for someone else. At first she would need small volume, potentially ramping up a bit as things turn over.

Her designs tend to be extremely intricate, and require a high level of bench skill to reproduce from design. I understand Bali is another place to do this sort of work with a high level of craftsmen skill to bring the designs to fruition.

Do you all believe that level of detail is available here in Thailand? I will PM those of you who have expressed interest with some more specific pictures of her work to get a better idea.

I've heard Thai factories selling your designs themselves is a problem here, what guarantees can be made against that happening in Thailand?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ...... HarveyBKK,

I am open a factory making silver and 22K gold jewelry. My factory doing about OEM from customer. If you still looking for making a jewelry, please contact me. Now I make some product to USA customer (Florida). Anyway for more information, please contact me anytime.

e-mail : << Use PM >>

Thank you,

Ong

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules