Double Tourist Visa - Ive Screwed My 2nd Entry Up And Need Advice

Hi Im from the UK and need a little advice re tourist visas from Laos

I am going next week to laos for a double tourist visa based on the following:

I have had 1 single tourist visa from KL, after that I got a double TV from vientiane..however...

on this double visa I got extended after 2 months at immigration in thailand succesfully, however after the 30 day extension I made a stupid mistake, this was my 1st ever double TV (remember though Ive had a single from KL before)

I went to burma a few days ago, and they could not activate my 2nd part of the TV....because stupidly I went on to burma on the 17th May,

I did this because my extension stamp from thai immigration said permitted to stay till the 18th (I now know this was my error)

at burma they only gave me 2 weeks stay in thailand as my actual visa( the sticker) said I had to exit before the 15th... I know my own fault I looked at my stamp not my visa ..oops

so I know need to leave by the 31st and was gonna try laos again and do it right this time ! do you think I will have an issue obtaining a new double entry tourist visa?

This would mean it would be my 3rd, but after that I plan on visiting the UK or Perth for non O - however for personal reasons I cannot do so on the 31st :)

Thanks for any advice

On a double entry Tourist visa, after using the first part (60 days) you can get an extension of 30 days (1,900 Baht) without leaving the country. At the end of this 30 days you must leave the country. But to activate the second part you must re-enter the country, at a border post, before "Enter Before --th ------ 2010" (note: not on that date, common mistake "before" that date) you can then use the second part (60 days) and have another 30 day extension without leaving the country. Then you need another visa obtained from outside of Thailand. (if this is done correctly this gives you 6 months, with a one day trip to Cambodia and back).

I recently went to Laos for another tourist visa and got refused (I do have several already... :) )

So I went to Malaysia, to try a different district, and they have a sign up saying that they will no longer issue multiple back to back visa's as they think people are using them to work illegally (as if we would...!).

Hope you have better luck than I did :D

You will get another double entry easy, no problem at all fella,

don't even worry about it :))

There's no guarantee about getting back-to-back tourist visas, even in Vientiane. People do get refused.

I recently went to Laos for another tourist visa and got refused (I do have several already... :) )

So I went to Malaysia, to try a different district, and they have a sign up saying that they will no longer issue multiple back to back visa's as they think people are using them to work illegally (as if we would...!).

Hope you have better luck than I did :D

Did you get the Tourist Visa in Malaysia ?

If yes, where, if no , why not?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry to bring my original post back up...but I have just one more question and wondered if anyone else who has had the same problem as stated in my OP, has also done the following:

As my initial post mentioned after exiting burma 2 weeks ago, I did not get the 2 months I thought I would get to stay in thailand - die to my misunderstanding, but I got a 2 week stamp, anyway today I went back to burma just to do a border run and got another 2 weeks ( I knew this is all I would get but I for my own reasons could not go to laos today)

I am however going to Laos definatly on the 14 May when todays stamp runs out, it is then I will go for a double tourist visa, do you think these 2, 14 day stamps ive now got will affect my chances of obtaining the visa considering my 1st post?

also...on the bottom of the application form for my visa should I explain my situation, ie ive has 1 single entry tourist visa before from KL, then got a double TV for vientaine - but screwed up my 2nd entry (hence its now void and got the 1st 2 week stamp) hence this is why I am applying again for a new double TV...after that Im heading back to the UK...as I am here as a tourist and want to see some more places here in thailand?

I was wondering if I should do this just to prevent any problems...or will flagging it up make it worse for me.

Thanks again ...I know theres a vientiane T visa topic running, but with all the arguing going on I'm struggling to get anything that usefull from it :)