Voip Options In Thailand

oneoone

Yes it`s perfect used it for two years. TOT 4mb N.E. Thailand.

I have been using Skpe for a long time and with excellent success.

Not sure why anyone wants to pay for the service when it is for free by Skpe

Yes! i skype with my mother in the US every week for usually around 2 hours with no problems, no matter what time of day. if your connection is bad, just don't send the video and don't have your participant send video either. that will cut down on bandwidth usage. sure, it defeats the wonder of Skype by not video conferencing but the call is still free.

I'm using my EU VoIP accounts on 2 phones.

1 account on a combined POTS/VoIP DECT portable phone (imported from EU) and the other account on my Nokia E71 over WiFi. Works seamless.

Free calls to all land lines in EU, USA, Singapore etc.

non free connections like mobile phones 50% cheaper then SkypeOut

ISP is True, living in BKK

If you're talking VOIP for personal use, you're usually fine, depending always on specific location. Skype is very lean, you don't need massive speed and I've used gprs AIS way in the sticks of Nong Khai and been fine. Biz is another matter, if you need to have rich 24/7 uptime, you need to do homework and pay up a bit.

Skype didn't work reliable for me on TOT/2MBit/Sakaeo (this is province, but my small 'town' has rather good general infrastructure). Whereas I regularly could max out torrents, Skype failed me repeatedly (lag, low quality) though not always, and even for domestic calls!?

I am rather tech savvy so I can 99% rule out other issues (software, hardware), seems that the domestic infrastructure is somewhere congested in my case.

welo

Scype, Yahoo or Hotmail Messenger, all work fine, if the connection is weak I just kill the video. I call to U.S., India, England, Japan & PI. Internet Provider: 3bb premier package

Edited by BigSkip