Reps School , So Much Better Than Satit For Our Kids

JimmyTheMook

We took our kids out of the English Program in Satit (along with a small exodus of other kids from what I am told) and now they are going to REPS in Rayong.

The difference is night and day , a bit more of a commute for them but well worth it so far.

Thanks to the folks here who shared their thoughts and opinions on REPS. :)

If anyone else is on the fence about where to place their children in a mid range bilingual school in and around Pattaya , I would certainly recommend Rayong English Program school .

http://www.repsrayong.com/

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Can you share with us the night and day differences you experienced already after only 5 days in the school?

This is not meant to have a laugh because I have a boy myself at reps but I would like to know what are the advantages over Satit that are obvious after only such a short time.

Can you share with us the night and day differences you experienced already after only 5 days in the school?

This is not meant to have a laugh because I have a boy myself at reps but I would like to know what are the advantages over Satit that are obvious after only such a short time.

They get real homework (seldom happened in the English Program in Satit) , seem to genuinely enjoy the variety of the fresh cooked lunch food given to them at REPS ( with out any soda offered or sold to the children ) opposed to the frozen defrosted chicken mc nuggets they would eat at Satit and plain noodle soup with little nutrition.

And most of all their general attitude towards going to school seems better.

What are your thoughts of the school ?

And did your son transfer there from another of the Pattaya bilingual schools ?

First of all he is not my son but a boy I support so he can have a good education and a chance on a future.Therefor it is important to me that he has a good school at an affordable price.I enrolled him in Reps in the second half of kindergarten 2 and this year he started in primary 1.Before that he went to a school in Isaan.

I sent him there as I heard good things from the school at hat time and the price was reasonable,by the time the prices have increased already but i guess that will be same anywhere else.

My first thoughts of the school are satisfying however I argued with them as he actually gets only about 35% of the education in English language what is not much for a Bilingual school in my opinion.Since he is only 6 years old now it is difficult to ask his opinion as at that age the only thing they think about is playing.

My first thoughts of the school are satisfying however I argued with them as he actually gets only about 35% of the education in English language what is not much for a Bilingual school in my opinion.Since he is only 6 years old now it is difficult to ask his opinion as at that age the only thing they think about is playing.

Surprised at that 35% figure , shouldn't it be more like 50% ?

Surprised at that 35% figure , shouldn't it be more like 50% ?

That's what i thought also and I understand that schools like sathit and phoenix and some others even go to 70% but their explanation was that it was better the way they did it and that the amount of English education would increase from P4.

That's what i thought also and I understand that schools like sathit and phoenix and some others even go to 70% but their explanation was that it was better the way they did it and that the amount of English education would increase from P4.

My kids were in Satit for a good few years in the EP program they read and write English OK - they struggle with reading and writing Thai.