Thai Government Accuses Reds Over Huge Weapons Cache

webfact

I find it convenient that all these weapons of mass destruction were found.

Has anyone wondered why they were not used?

Smells a bit fishy.

Not used - the terrorists fired over 100 grenades the past 2 months. perhaps you have not been paying attention...

Not exactly a lot of dead soldiers are there ??

Either the reds were lousy marksmen or most of them were not using firearms.

Which is it ??

April 10, approx 200 army injured, 600 civilians.

Who is doing most of the shooting ??

Presumably next will be the announcement of the red's intention to use portaloos as chemical weapons..................

ph

Soldiers have body armor and kevlar helmets. Of course they didn't get injured as greatly. They wouldn't have need to be there at all, if they Reds weren't chucking grenades at everyone. Reds lousy marksman? Undoubtedly. Innocent? Not on your life.

You naive idiot! I assure you kevlar will not protect you from an M-79 or amor piercing round! You obviously have never served in the military!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smells a bit fishy.

for me too

they DID use tons of weapons. How can you not know that?! :) look at all of the videos for crying out loud. Plenty of soldiers got injured. What more do you want for evidence, for it to come through the screen?!

I saw them at BKK bank SUkhumvit 83 with weapons with my own eyes. Wake up!

Unarmed Reds, Amnesty International decrying the treatment of the poor innocents - BS, pure BS. Armed militants who should be treated as enemy combatants, if shown to have participated in a violent way.

At the suggestion of another poster, I sent a letter to Amnesty Int., basically telling them they have no credibility and they should put someone in charge who has a brain and can think with it.

Oh, that may work, disregarding established human rights standards in favor of your directive. You must have a lot of influence. Did you remember to copy the Norwegian Nobel Institute?

Smells a bit fishy.

for me too

If none of these types of weapons had ever been used by the "reds" then I'd agree it would appear fishy.

But clearly the insurgents had been using these types of weapons,.. they are not innocent nor do the have clean hands in this regard.

In this case the explanation is simple;.. Any armed rebellious movement or insurgents are not going to use all their weapons on day 1 right?

It's called a weapons cache!

Personally,.. I think that this cache is probably the tip of the iceberg and that there are scores more that have gone underground.

Unarmed Reds, Amnesty International decrying the treatment of the poor innocents - BS, pure BS. Armed militants who should be treated as enemy combatants, if shown to have participated in a violent way.

Amnesty International are a total disgrace.

Trashing their reputation.

The last two years (and we are not just talking about Thailand here) have been an embarrassment.

Agreed. One would expect far greater diligence and objectivity from AI. This undermines previously hard earned credibility. I pity any really genuine future AI candidacy cases that the AI might present because after this how could their pleas be taken seriously?

This is a major self shooting in the foot incident by AI. Very disappointing indeed!

If I was an investigative reporter I would digging through AI's recent big contributions list. Think there's one or two that could be linked to Amsterdam and / or Thaksin? Thaksin hires a slimy London based PR/lawyer and a week later AI releases a report blasting the Thai govt? Just MHO but I bet AI sold its soul for a few bucks.

Which is it ??

Presumably next will be the announcement of the red's intention to use portaloos as chemical weapons..................

ph

If the army could have moved in regardless of consequences, it would have been 1 -2 troops injured, protesters either dead or nearly so. In the 5 days cleanup of Rachaprasong 'only' 54 dead. Again a real crachdown would have fill mass-graves.

The fact that we lots of wounded troops and a few dead just symbolizes the restraint with which the army moved in.

TRUE! If the army wanted to kill this would have been over with in matter of minutes! Instead they used the utmost restraint. Too much if you ask me and all the other innocent people of Bangkok not involved.

Reds, reds, reds, while the Yellows are being kissed by angels and floating above the earth as gods and saviours of all man kind???????????????

Yes, the poor mistreated, peace loving, unfairly maligned, unfairly labeled violent, reasonable, democratic, reds.

They brought it all on themselves. And they were stupid enough to leave all this evidence. Lucky they have defenders who are blind, bought and willing to go down in flames on the internet.

how brainwashed and misguided are you....

Reds, reds, reds, while the Yellows are being kissed by angels and floating above the earth as gods and saviours of all man kind???????????????

Yes, the poor mistreated, peace loving, unfairly maligned, unfairly labeled violent, reasonable, democratic, reds.

They brought it all on themselves. And they were stupid enough to leave all this evidence. Lucky they have defenders who are blind, bought and willing to go down in flames on the internet.

Murderer. harsh words, my dear fellow. Would you use the same on K. Thaksin?

85 " official deaths " and over 1800 wounded I call murderer. I believe his nickname was " Mr.Clean and Mr.Polite " ?

Minor league, kindergarten. K. Thaksin managed close to 3000!

Smells a bit fishy.

for me too

If none of these types of weapons had ever been used by the "reds" then I'd agree it would appear fishy.

But clearly the insurgents had been using these types of weapons,.. they are not innocent nor do the have clean hands in this regard.

In this case the explanation is simple;.. Any armed rebellious movement or insurgents are not going to use all their weapons on day 1 right?

It's called a weapons cache!

Personally,.. I think that this cache is probably the tip of the iceberg and that there are scores more that have gone underground.

...and when the army hit, it shows red leaders shocked by the sounds. I think they thought they'd call the army's bluff. Wrong. Finally, the army came.

To reiterate for our slow learners on here that think its a set up or hard to believe, remeber the Wiphawadee Rd incidents, the 200 guns seized on Khao San, the 200 soldiers injured on April 10th, then more on the 11th, the countless video. Shouldn't be rocket science.

No doubt a lot of weapons were smuggled out. Remember on the Thai news Thaksin ordered tons of stuff from Russia, so you know know its not all accounted for, as he denied doing that. In addition, maybe you recall the 6000 arms that went missing in March or so? Whatever happened to that stash?

Well it all adds up.

Look at how many international people are at the khwai daeng aresnal display. I think each one counts for one country Thaksin won't get into.

Amnesty International are a total disgrace.

Trashing their reputation.

The last two years (and we are not just talking about Thailand here) have been an embarrassment.

Amnesty International (and similars) defend anything that has two legs and can speak.

And they do so while sitting in some nice and safe little offices. Wonder if they would be so defending if THEY were sitting on the sixth floor of the building that some idiots put on fire.

Smells a bit fishy.

Not used - the terrorists fired over 100 grenades the past 2 months. perhaps you have not been paying attention...

Which is it ??

ph

Funny how we've gone from a reconciliation effort to a loaded propaganda campaign in about 48 hours.

The sad part is this all could have been easily avoided at the outset by simply calling some early elections. Considering the will of the majority in the last 3 elections is not reflected by the current standing government, would that not have been a cheaper price to pay than what the country is paying now? The Democrats are in the middle of a scandal themselves. (258 M baht worth- curious to know who the majority shareholder in that company who made the illegal donation is : ), like they say, follow the money)

But the results of an election (vote buying or no vote buying) WILL reflect the will of the majority.

That's obviously not the result a very powerful minority is looking for.

The simpleton will keep pointing the finger at Thaksin. Blah, blah blah...This is so far beyond Thaksin it's funny. He's a red herring now. But why?

A huge percentage of the population has been politicized in the last 5-10 years. They never use to vote. Now they vote. They aren't going to stop voting. Pay or no pay. It's like a baby who has learned to walk. You can't stop them now.

But they will vote in their self interest. Like any normal, healthy person would.

So the question is: would you vote for a person or party who never did anything for you for 30 years?

Well the video is pretty straightforward. Those that still support this "peaceful demonstration" are either weak minded and don't fully grasp the violent leaders manipulating the people or are spouting off BS rhetoric and fully support the terrorist leaders behind the red shirt movement. Please do not reply unless you have watched the video. Then, please comment on how the speakers who fomented the burning and destruction of these Thai properties, hospital and private homes are acting as anything other than armed insurrectionists. Bet you can't do that.

actually there is something far worse than having to listen to these <deleted> froth at the mouth. It is having to listen to Thaksin sing about 2/3 of the way through the video!

85 " official deaths " and over 1800 wounded I call murderer. I believe his nickname was " Mr.Clean and Mr.Polite " ?

Note to myself. Don't ever let some-one drag you down in a meaningless discussion which only distracts from the real issue. Sorry I let you down, myself.

Suppose you geniuses advise all of the factions how you would stop the vote buying and corruption both at the national and village levels. That might actually be helpful.

Eliminate all corrupt leaders and business man? Same like the army sniped seh daeng...... :)

Says it all really........no thoughts on letting the people vote then?......no thoughts on the government actually making changes the majority would appreciate and therefore allow them to continue by being elected by the people......

Nope...not for you........mass murder appears to be your solution

Worse......you appear to think this is a smart answer!!!!

The thai government has a lot of A licking to do in the international community. They have destroyed thier own economy not to mention the tourist trade. It is a shame that one government can destroy a country for it's people which will take 60 yrs to rebuild.

Furthermore, I doubt burning down Central World represents an act of terrorism, irrespective of how bad their conduct has been.

That is simply foolish, I really hope you misspoke!

How about seizing an airport? Anyone arrested yet? Oh, forgot, they are the government now. At least the food and music was good... :)

I think direct comparisons such as this are far fetched and lack credibility and rational balance. Apparently an attempt at Red apologetics.

Having said that,.. I will grant you one thing; the airport seizure was clearly an act of terrorism and was completely unlawful. If the current government and in particular PM Abhisit are genuine on their promise of rectifying such behaviour in Thailand and to being "transparent" ("quote" from the Pm's TV speech on Friday evening) then they should include a full inquiry and pressing of charges and sentencing for those yellow leaders that were involved in the incident of the airport hijacking. That would be a bi-partisan and transparent application of justice and I fear that without such actions being exercised by the current government that they will lack credibility and be seen as being one sided and biased.

Such inaction will continue to fan the flames of resentment back towards the current Abhisit government whereas an inquiry and subsequent legal actions would give them massive credibility!

I am expecting AI to issue a retraction any moment now.

Perhaps the BB see will say something like "Thai authorities today unveiled a self inflicted weapons cache apparently"

From the Rivers run through here somewhere? comes "campared to afganistan, the weapons on display are small in comparsion to the army's".

"I am expecting AI to issue a retraction any moment now"was that tongue in cheek? if not:

Dont hold your breath bkk

It is an old tired trick to plant the false evidence. How ignorant to think the world believes the find. Be ashamed little rich people.

It's on old, tired trick to say this. We both have the same amount of evidence to proof or disproof: NOTHING AT ALL.

I take then that you are refusing to watch all the evidence of the red democratic movement in action. No comment on that? Or is it all fake, made in a government movie studio in the mountains of Petchaburi? Or maybe fake red leaders on stage making speeches? Or could it be red leaders making fake speeches? And it must be fake reds causing the destruction? Or reds causing fake destruction? Gotta be one of those right?

Smells a bit fishy.

Which is it ??

ph

Funny how we've gone from a reconciliation effort to a loaded propaganda campaign in about 48 hours.

The sad part is this all could have been easily avoided at the outset by simply calling some early elections. Considering the will of the majority in the last 3 elections is not reflected by the current standing government, would that not have been a cheaper price to pay than what the country is paying now? The Democrats are in the middle of a scandal themselves. (258 M baht worth- curious to know who the majority shareholder in that company who made the illegal donation is : ), like they say, follow the money)

But the results of an election (vote buying or no vote buying) WILL reflect the will of the majority.

That's obviously not the result a very powerful minority is looking for.

The simpleton will keep pointing the finger at Thaksin. Blah, blah blah...This is so far beyond Thaksin it's funny. He's a red herring now. But why?

A huge percentage of the population has been politicized in the last 5-10 years. They never use to vote. Now they vote. They aren't going to stop voting. Pay or no pay. It's like a baby who has learned to walk. You can't stop them now.

But they will vote in their self interest. Like any normal, healthy person would.

So the question is: would you vote for a person or party who never did anything for you for 30 years?

So November was not early enough then?

Furthermore, I doubt burning down Central World represents an act of terrorism, irrespective of how bad their conduct has been.

That is simply foolish, I really hope you misspoke!

How about seizing an airport? Anyone arrested yet? Oh, forgot, they are the government now. At least the food and music was good... :)

I think direct comparisons such as this are far fetched and lack credibility and rational balance. Apparently an attempt at Red apologetics.

Having said that,.. I will grant you one thing; the airport seizure was clearly an act of terrorism and was completely unlawful. If the current government and in particular PM Abhisit are genuine on their promise of rectifying such behaviour in Thailand and to being "transparent" ("quote" from the Pm's TV speech on Friday evening) then they should include a full inquiry and pressing of charges and sentencing for those yellow leaders that were involved in the incident of the airport hijacking. That would be a bi-partisan and transparent application of justice and I fear that without such actions being exercised by the current government that they will lack credibility and be seen as being one sided and biased.

Such inaction will continue to fan the flames of resentment back towards the current Abhisit government whereas an inquiry and subsequent legal actions would give them massive credibility!

Agree 100%, and if you read my previous answer, that's exactly what I was trying to point out.

Smells a bit fishy.

Which is it ??

ph

With all due respect for the abilities of the reds in shooting and firing - if the army was not stronger than some militants, then what would you have an army for?

Guess you'd really love to live in an anarchy, do you?

The sad part is this all could have been easily avoided at the outset by simply calling some early elections.

These are the same people who agreed to a peace deal and then started adding absurd conditions to go through with it. There is no guarantee that they would have kept their word if elections were called either.

The thai government has a lot of A licking to do in the international community. They have destroyed thier own economy not to mention the tourist trade. It is a shame that one government can destroy a country for it's people which will take 60 yrs to rebuild.

I assume you mean to say the government should have shot all two months ago and have avoided embarrassing foreigners who couldn't do their shopping in Ratchaprasong? Even K. Thaksin had to go to Paris to buy same handbags for his daughter.

When some UDD leaders petitioned the UN, USA, UK and EC they were mostly politely met, petition accepted, don't call us we call you. Internal affair its called and K. Thaksin would agree if he could still remember what he said years ago.

'Puea Thai party to grill PM and four ministers; will nominate Chalerm as premier' http://bit.ly/cjvdis

Not only does the PTP support these red terrorists now they want to intall a person totally devoid of morals and principles as the next PM of Thailand.

They have no shame.

Yeah Chalerm's sons can be deputy prime ministers once they take off the black shirts and wash off all the gunpowder residue !

If the burned, gutted Central World doesn't convince you, then you are lost cause.

This is politics and a legal fight from the government to try to prove that the reds are a terrorist organisation. If Thailand wants the world to throw its hands up and actually reach out and have someone help them get hold of Thaksin Shinawatra, I suggest that they get someone infinitely more competent than Suthep to make the case.

I don't want this country to descend into chaos anymore than you. Do I want the country held to ransom like this over and over again in the next few years? NO

So, if you want the rest of the world to help, I suggest that they employ the very best public relations and legal firm and independent observers in the world to make their case in a way that is absolutely water tight and free from any accusation of political bias.

Could you imagine for one second the Thai Foreign ministry making a case in the West on evidence submitted by Porntip. The defence would have an absolute field day. "But your honour, the witnesses competence concerning her forensic science ability must be called into question after she publicly defended the efficacy of the GT 2000 bomb detector. In fact we believe that she continued to support it because of pressure put on her by the Thai military so as not to embarrass them."

I don't find their story credible, pure and simple.

If they can't prove it convincingly to me, what hope do they have of convincing the rest of the world? Furthermore, I doubt burning down Central World represents an act of terrorism, irrespective of how bad their conduct has been.

how would you describe it then - a prank, a minor indiscretion, an unintended side-effect, an accident? why don't you go down there tomorrow and talk to some of the 1000 odd people now out of work and ask them how they would describe it? while you're there, ask them who they will be voting for come the next election.

In my opinion it is arson.

As a curious legal aside. Sunbelt mentioned on another thread that even if it is terrorism, Central is insured, but that all the small retailers will get nothing if it is deemed terrorism. So, if you want anyone who needs to get paid(by this I mean the little guys who need the money, Central has plenty), to get paid their rightful recompense from their insurers, it would seem far better that it remain that way. If you want the leaders of the red's to have their head on a platter, there are hundreds of hours of speeches that probably represent treason or sedition which will get the right result.

Whilst "terrorism" is a controversial issue and has many definitions. I would say that burning down an empty building whilst the armed forces are trying to break up your illegal encampment whilst using live ammunition, is a very different situation from 9/11.

Smells a bit fishy.

Yes, there is a possibilitiy that the weapons were planted in order to give army and police the moral high ground.

Bullshi..t have you not seen the videos on youtube idiot!

---snip snip snip---

You "khwai daeng" supporters and apologists should collectively have your ass**s kicked, and kicked hard. You should have your meager assets seized to help pay for the damage the "khwai daeng" caused in Bangkok. Also, if I ever find that bitch Khun Prateep Ungsongtham, I would personally like to break her jaw for inciting so many people to riot in the Rama IV Road area, I hold her personally responsible for the damage on Rama IV Road and for causing so much terror to people in the Klong Toei area.

I had no real opinions one way or the other regarding Thai politics prior to this whole disgusting display by the "khwai daeng", but I do hope the Thai PM Abhisit Vejjajiva continues to play a major role in SE Asian politics. This man has demonstrated the patience of "Job", he allowed the "khwai daeng" to hang themselves with their own rhetoric, it seems he rejected many options presented to him out of concern for all Thai citizens, even the 'khwai daeng". He has been tested like no other leader in the region and I think he has come out of this with more respect worldwide. Imagine trying to make an Oxford education seem like a liability, Thailand should be lucky they have such an intelligent individual as their PM. Now if the "khwai daeng" supporters in government could just use his example and show concern for all Thai citizens, instead of the unreasonable and ludicrous desires of one Thai / Montenegrin family, this country could actually prosper and benefit all its citizens.

:D:) 100% yes. Good post.