Dvd Player - Or +? Can It Play Both?

Jockstar

I'm just burnt a movie to a DVD-RW. But it wont play in my DVD player. Is this because it wont play -RW and should i burn to +RW instead. Have checked my manual for my standalone DVD player but cant see anything. Samsung DVD-M108. Cheers in advance.

Just wondering if it would be better to burn to + instead of -.

I'm just burnt a movie  to a  DVD-RW. But it wont play in my DVD player. Is this because it wont play -RW and should i burn to +RW instead. Have checked my manual for my standalone DVD player but cant see anything. Samsung DVD-M108. Cheers in advance.

Cutting to +RW will make no difference. Most modern DVD players should play both. If anything, - has a higher compatibility than +. Try cutting to DVD-R, the signal coming off the lsaer is stronger, or use a different brand of discs. Some DVD players play some brands better than others.

I'm just burnt a movie  to a  DVD-RW. But it wont play in my DVD player. Is this because it wont play -RW and should i burn to +RW instead. Have checked my manual for my standalone DVD player but cant see anything. Samsung DVD-M108. Cheers in advance.

also on internet info about the m108 is hard to find.

maybe it is too old, also could not find a firmware upgrade (samsung)

DVD-R was the first DVD recording format released that was compatible with standalone DVD Players.

DVD-R is a non-rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 93% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD-RW is a rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 80% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+R and DVD+RW

DVD+R is a non-rewritable format and it is compatible with about 89% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+RW is a rewritable format and is compatible with about 79% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

Edited by bangbuathong