Kids Entertainment

For parents who are always on the lookout for things to do with their kids on Samui, there is an arts and craft shop just 3 shop houses down from Macros on the same side heading towards Tescos. On Saturday mornings they have an hour and a half class for 5-7 year olds @250b and at midday, they hold a class for older kids at the same price. This Saturday the youngsters painted kitchen aprons and the class is run by a friendly Brit called rachel.

On a Friday, after school hours, Karma resort on the road to Choeng Mon has recently started an 'after school party'. There is a pool and a decking which leads down a few steps to the sea below. Kids can play safely down there together and a 20% discount on Karma's menu is offered.

Both the above events are new.

Hopefully with support from locals these activities will continue as finding genuine entertaining activities for kids on the island is not easy at the best of times.

regards

Bojo

i have found the muy thai gym on the old lake road about 350 meters down the road from the ptt towards the beach to be a great find. the trainer an x southern champ, speaks pretty good english and he is very good with young children, he works with kids as young as 5 and up, no warrior mentality, just movement and exercise along with proper instruction. the fee is less than 250 a class i pay by the month but i know he does per class as well.

Nowhere near enough here for Kids if you're here permanently, one of the the reasons why i'm looking to relocate..

sad but true, not enough neighborhood type things happening.

Would be great if more members would post info about stuff going on and build up more interest on TV. The schools are the best place for info but it doesn't seem to get shared between different schools. It's still early days in Samui for families, the island is still way behind other more developed expatriate haunts.

A shopping mall might help, always loads going on in those around BKK and Chiang Mai for kids. Any takers?!

By default the beach is the answer for many parents. Choeng Mon is a favourite, especially on Sundays when there are usually quite a few kids around Choeng mon bungalows. A shame that the inflatables are a little tatty, but still fun all the same.

there is a motor cross track. well a quad bike track built specially for kids with no dangerous jumps. in lamui on ring road about 1 km after the temple on the corner. mnight be able to get u a phone number if u want. though will have to drive past it and write it down.

Nowhere near enough here for Kids if you're here permanently, one of the the reasons why i'm looking to relocate..

There is a professional sailing school that teaches kids aged 6 to 15 sailing in Optimist dinghys. You can find them at Ban Rak next to Elephant and Castle, they have 25 boats, pro coaches and sail every weekend and school holidays. They are recognised by the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand and Royal Thai Navy. Call John 086 2707005, Henrik 081 8913215 or Michael 081 7536809

There is a professional sailing school that teaches kids aged 6 to 15 sailing in Optimist dinghys. You can find them at Ban Rak next to Elephant and Castle, they have 25 boats, pro coaches and sail every weekend and school holidays. They are recognised by the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand and Royal Thai Navy. Call John 086 2707005, Henrik 081 8913215 or Michael 081 7536809

i had my oldest in the sailing program whe it was run by the old sea dog down at tradewinds it was free and great for the kids the new club has a fee of a base plus plus and you need to pay even if the kid does not go so 5k a month is not too much but it is a consideration.

A friend of mine has his son there all day on Saturdays and its 3000b for the month. Pretty good value all things considered.

Thanks for the info Bojo. My wife and I took my boys to the one at Karma on Friday. Pretty cool place. They had a clown there tying up some ballons into little figures and all sorts of different activities to keep them entertained. Food was good, drinks were buy 1 get 1 and they some cheap snacks for the kids too. Pool was pretty awsome as well. Not too deep for the little guys. I'll be there next week. :)