Regents Residences

Hello everyone,

i recently bought a condo here and wonder if anyone else in this forum did?

if you did and live in BKK and are able to take a few photos of the construction progress, then i would be most grateful.

i would also be interested to hear of any comments any one has about the Regents hotel or the Regents Residences.

thank you in advance.

regards

amarka

Check out the Thai section of "skyscrapercity.com".  Has lots of pictures and updates plus a bit of discussion on many of the BKK highrise projects.

Link is below, scroll down and you'll find the Regent Residences.

skyscrapercity.com - thailand

Think activity has recently begun at the site, still in very early stages at the moment though.

Thanks....that is a great site....now I can watch my condo go up.

thanks for the info...

it will be nice to watch things moving up...

thanks..appriciated...

amarka

Check out the Thai section of "skyscrapercity.com".  Has lots of pictures and updates plus a bit of discussion on many of the BKK highrise projects.

Link is below, scroll down and you'll find the Regent Residences.

skyscrapercity.com - thailand

Think activity has recently begun at the site, still in very early stages at the moment though.

Hello everyone,

if you did and live in BKK and are able to take a few photos of the construction progress, then i would be most grateful.

i would also be interested to hear of any comments any one has about the Regents hotel or the Regents Residences.

thank you in advance.

regards

amarka

I walk by there daily and have the brochures and checked out the sales office. I will say that it is the most expensive project in the area but has perhaps the best location. Construction got rolling within the past month or so and as stated is in the very early stages. I myself wonder what changes will happen to the immediate sukhumvit late night sidewalk area. With all of these projects happening, one might think that all of the tables, party animals and ladies might get wiped out. What would this do to the condo values at Regent Residences?

In true Thai fashion, they got a late start. The row of stores (along the western edge of the property) were razed last August, and the land just sat there. I'm sure the building will be ready a year later than expected. Too, condos in the the Sukhumvit Suite building right behind the construction site, have dropped considerably - in a few years, those on the south side will no longer have a good view of the BKK skyline.

In true Thai fashion, they got a late start.  The row of stores (along the western edge of the property) were razed last August, and the land just sat there.  I'm sure the building will be ready a year later than expected. 

How have sales gone? Maybe they had to wait for a certain sales threshold to be reached before they got the OK to begin construction.

At least the Regent should look miles better than the "Trendy Condominium" (by the same company) next door. That looks pretty awful considering they're asking over 2 million for a studio. And wasn't it originally a building gutted by fire?

Hi...

yes it was a bit expensive, but it was the location i wanted. the sales team told me that i could rent my condo out for 1,400euros per month when its finished, 82m2. it sounds like a lot to me ?

Anyway i dont really want to rent.

yes i wondered too if the sukhimvit scene would change at all with the changing landscape. but i guess NEP isnt going to move anytime soon? at least i hope not! i only get small doses every now and again, so its ok for me.

i chose Regents, foremost for its location, nightlife, skytrain and so on..

amarka

Hello everyone,

thank you in advance.

regards

amarka

I walk by there daily and have the brochures and checked out the sales office. I will say that it is the most expensive project in the area but has perhaps the best location. Construction got rolling within the past month or so and as stated is in the very early stages. I myself wonder what changes will happen to the immediate sukhumvit late night sidewalk area. With all of these projects happening, one might think that all of the tables, party animals and ladies might get wiped out. What would this do to the condo values at Regent Residences?

the sales team told me that i could rent my condo out for 1,400euros per month when its finished, 82m2. it sounds like a lot to me ?

Sounds like a lot to me too...

Never trust anything the sales team say - mine told me the area my house is in had ADSL... - it did - three years later...

Hello Mike,

thank you for your reply, so what would your estimate be, i know that some sales teams tend to exagerate.

regards

amarka

the sales team told me that i could rent my condo out for 1,400euros per month when its finished, 82m2. it sounds like a lot to me ?

Sounds like a lot to me too...

Never trust anything the sales team say - mine told me the area my house is in had ADSL... - it did - three years later...

Charles,

The TRENDY was not gutted by fire. In the late-90's, when the Thai economy tanked, several buildings were never outfitted properly. Around the same time, the owner of the Ambassador dies, and his estate was tied up in court for years. The Amabssador tried to use the building as "serviced apartments", which never caught on. Then, the Ambassador used the building as an "overflow" when the main hotel were filled. I was told that, after the TRENDY has been refitted, and the Regency Hotel and condos are built, the Ambassador will change its name. Who knows.

thank you for your reply, so what would your estimate be, i know that some sales teams tend to exagerate.

I would say B40 - 50K at most.

You would need at least double that size if you want to rent it out for 1,400 euros.

• 3 weeks later...

hi nordlys,

thanks for that....

anyone got any up to date photos?

regards

amarka

I would say B40 - 50K at most.

You would need at least double that size if you want to rent it out for 1,400 euros.

hi nordlys,

thanks for that....

anyone got any up to date photos?

regards

amarka

I drove past the place this morning and managed to get some shots.

As you can see from the picture I didn't see any structure going up yet. The site was fenced so you can't see much inside, except what looks to me like 5 - 6 mobile cranes over the fence. Maybe they're getting ready start piling works.

post-13351-1120664745_thumb.jpg