Cat Cdma 3g Mobile Internet Device

noirohl

one month used, still 11 months warranty from CAT.

one very smart mobile internet solution for people that travels alot or just wants to stay at the top of technology.

it is a little usb device that you plug in to any of your usb port and u'll get signal.

the maximal speed that u can get is 3.1 mbps.

u can use it anywhere in thailand (except bangkok, but u'll pretty soon be able to, according to CAT)

4000 bath

call me 24/7 or email

080-070-01651

11 months warranty from CAT

no

the maximal speed that u can get is 3.1 mbps

no

u can use it anywhere in thailand

no

bangkok .. u'll pretty soon be able to, according to CAT

lol !

Im sorry but how long are you in Thailand to be so naive ?

Or are you a CAD salesman ? The included contacts kind of point to that.

Anyway ALL information given by your are untrue and misleading.

@RivaArt

I've lived 9 years in Thailand, so? what does that to do with the matter?

and what part of that "ALL" information is untrue and misleading? point out atleast one fact,

when u buy cat cdma from CAT they give u 12 months warranty, maximum speed that u can archive with the device is 3.1 mbps, u can use it in most of the places in Thailand(if ur cellphone has reception so does the internet device), not including Bangkok but according to CAT they will pretty soon be able to offer service in Bangkok area as well because they have bought up or Hutch joined them or something.

now, tell me what part of the information that i've given is untrue or misleading? or are u just another cyber ganster? :-)

Model number?

These are 6k baht new. Asking 4k is too much IMO.

Besides, when you sell them you have to sign over your contract to the new person. Therefore if somebody buys this, the best thing to do is if both of you go to the CAT office, and cancel your contract and make a new contract or whatever they want to do.

I just bought one for 1k baht, which had an old contract on if where they had racked up 3000 baht in debt. That means in order to use it, I need to pay off the 3000 baht on the contract. The stick is useless on any network except CATs so they can do that. They don't care that I don't know the person who had the old contract. All they care about is that it's paid off before a new contract is made. The stick is locked to an account, there is no SIM card, it's the physical device that's locked to the contract.

So it's impossible to quantify the value of a used CDMA stick without going to the office and verifying the contract.

MC 760

i believe its the lastest model.

ive been asking CATs support over phone this morning and they said that both partner should sign a "contract" avaiable to download in their website so what nikster is pointing out is totally correct.

I was at the CAT office yesterday.

The MC 760 is fine, it's now 5900 new but includes 3 months contract (promotion right now, only for this specific model, unfortunately), which means you save 2400 baht on that (800/month, roughly). So it'll cost you 3500 new, assuming you have it for 3 months. I guess this is CAT's way of subsidizing. OP You might want to lower the price :) I don't mean to ruin your sale, I just want to put the facts out there.

Edited by nikster

I've lived 9 years in Thailand, so? what does that to do with the matter?
I written it all there. How can you be so naive ? It looks like some guy at CAD told you the info you stated above and you just believed it without any research or testing and just dumped it here, possibly misleading more people.

Hard to believe those 9 years. It loosk like you have no idea about how things work in thailand or how broken they all are, that is.

when u buy cat cdma from CAT they give u 12 months warranty
(omg) No, they give you theyr word on that :) And its mostly worthless. Did you actually try to fix some problem with them ? Or any thai company\person that sold you something (even with "waranty") ? Guess not :D
maximum speed that u can archive with the device is 3.1 mbps
Ah, right. With the device :D. I can agree with that.

But certainly you will never get that speed with CAD.

Check speed tests in other treads in this forum for more factual evidence (you request).

Edited by RivaArt

u can use it in most of the places in Thailand(if ur cellphone has reception so does the internet device)
Not true. CAD doesnt by far have the coverage the cell operators have.

Now it would be your turn to provide evidence for that if you want to state that.

"not including Bangkok"

Exactly. Thats a huge down, for the money they want for theyr services imo.

"..but according to CAT they will pretty soon be able to offer service in Bangkok area"

Sorry but .. ROFL! You are 9 years in Thailand ? I have heard this maybe 3 years ago and they still didnt do s**t about it :D You should really know better.

"..as well because they have bought up or Hutch joined them or something."

Nobody joined nobody. Again: They are bullshiting you :D

now, tell me what part of the information that i've given is untrue or misleading?
Um, all ? :) 

There's nothing wrong with CAT CDMA. It doesn't work in BKK and speed varies around the country. But it works in most places, and it works very well in a lot of places.

They've always been pretty helpful at the CAT office in Chiang Mai, and their customer service was certainly better than any other internet provider I've talked to. They'd tell me things like "internet is down, will be fixed in 2 hours" and it was true (I was amazed). Or they actually called me back when they said they would, unlike TOT.

I usually get 1Mbps down / 512 up, sometimes more or less depending on location.