Pattaya Beach Infested With Rats

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding, rats are everywhere in this country and I doubt it is the tourists causing the problem. Thais are notorious for throwing anything and everything on the ground thinking someone will clean up after them...and usually some poor slob getting paid to do so does.

I have been all over Thailand and all things considered, I am surprised there is not a bigger problem. I have never seen a rat in Thailand.

I always suspected there were no mirrors in you're condo. :) (its a joke joyce)

A few years ago I was hunting about in Bkk for somewhere to get a feed when I noticed a woman on a mobile telephone. What drew my attention to her was the small dog that was standing on its hind legs with its front legs up around the ladies knees. After a brief moment I realised that it wasnt a dog but in fact a rat. The woman glanced down at the rat & vitrually without flinching she shook her leg and the rat returned to all fours. I then watched the rat cross the road and run into one of the restuarants I had been eyeing off. It ran straight past the lady working there and she didnt even batter an eyelid. I was horrified, it was the biggest rat I had ever seen, needless to say I skipped a meal :) .

A few years ago I was hunting about in Bkk for somewhere to get a feed when I noticed a woman on a mobile telephone. What drew my attention to her was the small dog that was standing on its hind legs with its front legs up around the ladies knees. After a brief moment I realised that it wasnt a dog but in fact a rat. The woman glanced down at the rat & vitrually without flinching she shook her leg and the rat returned to all fours. I then watched the rat cross the road and run into one of the restuarants I had been eyeing off. It ran straight past the lady working there and she didnt even batter an eyelid. I was horrified, it was the biggest rat I had ever seen, needless to say I skipped a meal :) .

:D BBQ :D

I wish they could start serving rats in the restuarants ...................

One problem solved. :D

Works here, we have field 'rice rats' but their chances of survival is minimum. On the cooking fire within minutes of being caught. :)

Pattaya is infected with an overpopulation of humans.

True, not just for Pattaya, but for thousands of overpopulated places worldwide. We've become such a successful species, that we're literally despoiling nearly every place we inhabit. Here are some people to thank for the sicko proliferation of out species:

>>>> The Pope and the Catholic dingbats in charge, for continuing to insist on saddling their flock with their archaic ideas.

>>>> Ronald Reagan for vetoing birth control info and materials earmarked for Africa and Asia.

>>>> Men who continue to <deleted> as many girls as possible - without using condoms.

Bob Marley's bass player has at least 76 kids out of wedlock, but there are other idiots who can boast a lot more kids than that. At least one man in Dubai and one in Vietnam who grin when claiming to have sired over 100 children each - none of which they support. ...and he locals (people and media) think it's cool.

Be wary of denigrating rats too much. Particularly comparing them to, or calling people rats - it could be offensive to any rats reading those spurious remarks.

Rats don't intentionally torture their own kind, Rats don't band together and wage war against other groups of rats. Rats don't put on bomb belts to kill other rats. Rats don't kill their daughters if they feel their honor is besmirched. Indeed, rats don't have a lot of the character flaws that humans have.

Speaking of...

Anyone notice the removal of litter bins from 7-11s?

You are correct.I wonder why they removed them.Now the tab goes to the floor :)

I think you don't see a lot of bins in Thailand due to fear of bombs being put in them. That is definitely the case in Bkk. When i lived there 3 years ago there were no bins. I asked a few people and they said they had been take out in case of bombs etc. Not sure if this is correct but it makes sense (if you're Thai!!)

No kidding, rats are everywhere in this country and I doubt it is the tourists causing the problem. Thais are notorious for throwing anything and everything on the ground thinking someone will clean up after them...and usually some poor slob getting paid to do so does.

to my surprise most farangs after a short time in Thailand getting similar pigs like many Thais.

Finish the food.....put the trash out of the car window....

Not much to do unless add snakes or cats in to the equation.

There are lots of pussy cats on Beach Road, but adding snakes to the area would be pointless. Thais eat snake, they eat rats and I am sure they eat pussy too.

I am surprised the soi dogs don't eat them, but the Pattaya council cleared all the dogs off the fabulous waterfront didn't they. :)

Thais dont eat street rats

WOW, I guess it is party time. Let's get the BBQ's out and some beers. Rats are a delicasy in the North and we have plenty of those here in Pattaya. Since low, lower, lowest LOW season the girls and guys must be getting hungry. Party time for them

Do you actualy think that thais eat street rats??????????????????/

"It's not a new problem. The rats seen after dark are large, old and have been around for a while."

Great quote. But seriously, shame to see a once pristine beach spoiled by these rodents for so many years.

Rodents called foreigners have being spoiling the beach and the streets in Pattaya for the past 35 years, before then it was pristine. There were no clubs, no women on the street and no rats etc.

A bit like Bangkok then,have you spoiled the area

Rodents called foreigners have being spoiling the beach and the streets in Pattaya for the past 35 years, before then it was pristine. There were no clubs, no women on the street and no rats etc.

Just like the same rodents have spoilt the pristine countries of south east Asia.

Before the foreigners there were no rats in south east Asia.

What planet are you from?

Before the foreigners there were no women on the street.

:)

Please stop or I'll piss myself. Whatever you do don't mention the clubs.

This has to be #1 candidate for the TV niaivete award for 2010 and we're not even halfway through the year.

Think he is either trying to be funny or having a dig at Pattaya.Whatever he is trying to do its garbage lol

Them bloody farangs throwing their rubbish on the floor! I think I must be the only farang in Thailand who actually carries my rubbish around with me because it's so difficult to find a public bin. I usually end up bringing it home because I could physically never throw rubbish on the floor.

I remember when I was in Khoa Samed and I stumbled upon an empty 5 litre can of oil. The girl I was with at the time just said 'Farangs make our beaches dirty' Maybe true, but I don't know many farang tourists who would have any use for motor oil on a beach.

No I am with you I carry my rubish to a bin as well! But if you live here and go into the real Thaialnd you will see Thai's sweeping out the house into the street, front yard or any ware they can and the farm animals clean it for them, they just don't get that the cities don't have this facility, education on a major scale is required and stop blaming farangs and getting rid of street dogs, cats, etc and more bins not less 7-11 please note!

Be wary of denigrating rats too much. Particularly comparing them to, or calling people rats - it could be offensive to any rats reading those spurious remarks.

Rats don't intentionally torture their own kind, Rats don't band together and wage war against other groups of rats. Rats don't put on bomb belts to kill other rats. Rats don't kill their daughters if they feel their honor is besmirched. Indeed, rats don't have a lot of the character flaws that humans have.

True enough, but they do practice cannibalism, which is generally limited to a very small group of homo sapiens: a few small tribes in Africa, and rugby players.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...07063632AAuY1zI

Just like the same rodents have spoilt the pristine countries of south east Asia.

This has to be #1 candidate for the TV niaivete award for 2010 and we're not even halfway through the year.

Think he is either trying to be funny or having a dig at Pattaya.Whatever he is trying to do its garbage lol

So one story goes King Rama 9 visited Indonesia and liked the irrigation system used so musch he invited a Dutch irrigation expert to Thailand to advise and set up the use of irrigation and he is revered as one of the most wise Kings Thailand has had! But now Thai's are much more wise they don't need foreign imput? Get real foreigners have helped in the development of this great country as much as any Thai, start to understand this and you will be all the better for it. If you get rid of all farangs and half farangs how many would be left?

So one story goes King Rama 9 visited Indonesia and liked the irrigation system used so musch he invited a Dutch irrigation expert to Thailand to advise and set up the use of irrigation and he is revered as one of the most wise Kings Thailand has had! But now Thai's are much more wise they don't need foreign imput? Get real foreigners have helped in the development of this great country as much as any Thai, start to understand this and you will be all the better for it. If you get rid of all farangs and half farangs how many would be left?

Well, not to put too fine a point on it....none, right?

Them bloody farangs throwing their rubbish on the floor! I think I must be the only farang in Thailand who actually carries my rubbish around with me because it's so difficult to find a public bin. I usually end up bringing it home because I could physically never throw rubbish on the floor.

I remember when I was in Khoa Samed and I stumbled upon an empty 5 litre can of oil. The girl I was with at the time just said 'Farangs make our beaches dirty' Maybe true, but I don't know many farang tourists who would have any use for motor oil on a beach.

Hope you did not marry her! (?) :)

Are they recently arrived red rats from Bangkok.

I have the same thoughts on this matter. I thought those rats are from the reds hahaha

Speaking of...

Anyone notice the removal of litter bins from 7-11s?

There's a food stall near my office and the stall is right infront of 7-11.

Those people cooking their food keeps throwing stuff in 7-11s bins.

I would not be surprised if 7-11s are keeping their bins.

You are all imagining things; there are no rats anywhere in Pattaya (cos it's such a clean city) just as there are no prostitutes (cos it's illegal), no sewage smells nor litter (cos City Hall is so effective and efficient), no over-development (cos the real estate agents say so), no environmental degradation of any kind (cos we are such a green city), no seediness of any kind (cos we are a world class family holiday resort) and certainly no farangs who throw rubbish everywhere like the Thais (cos we are all so hi-so in Pattaya). Jeez, which PR release did you guys not read in the last 3 years? :)

Not much to do unless add snakes or cats in to the equation.

There are lots of pussy cats on Beach Road, but adding snakes to the area would be pointless. Thais eat snake, they eat rats and I am sure they eat pussy too.

I am surprised the soi dogs don't eat them, but the Pattaya council cleared all the dogs off the fabulous waterfront didn't they. :)

Thais dont eat street rats

Quite true, and I didn't say they did. They eat field rats that usually eat rice.

Cooked and chopped up with spices, I understand they are delicious. :D

The problem with the rats is because there are too many stray dogs so no cats.

Well, not necessarily, my dogs all hunt and kill rats, so the land is clean of rats...

I am talking about stray dogs and i think yours are domestic dogs,not the same.In the talat nats you can see a lot of rats but the stray dogs keep the stray cats away...they are the natural enemies of the rats,they finished a plage i have in my house with the rodents coming from a vacant plot of land

God bless the stray cats!!

Of current 26 dogs (35 at some years ago) only one is a domestic price winner (my personal from Europe) all the others first or second generation stray or 'box puppies' (someone dump a box of puppies son the land).

They all chase cats too - but not anyone that is inside the houses.

Edited by TAWP

To tribute George Carlin:

Are we so much better than rats all of a sudden? When did this happen; that we passed rats in goodness? Name six ways we're better than rats ... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cause rats are decent people. You don't see rats hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No. You don't see a rats strapping some guy into a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you?... When's the last rats you heard about came home from work and beat the shit out of his partner, huh? Doesn't happen... 'cause rats are decent people.

Bit "Chickens", Section "Abortion", Back in Town (1996)

I have lived in Thailand 7 years and spent a total of 1 day in Pattaya. The entire city is one sewer so it is no surprise that it is infested with rats. While I am definitely a do whatever makes you happy kind of guy, the sex tourism Pattaya is too much for me to even take. It is like someone went around and gathered up the Thai dregs of society and then emptied all of the British, German, etc male prison population into the city. The beach is absolutely filthy and the "beach" is really just a lake. Vendors walk around and harass you. The city has no redeeming qualities unless you are one of the dregs yourself. Perhaps the rats sense their kin? :)

Edited by Chunky1