Pattaya Beach Infested With Rats

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.............(cut) I don't know many farang tourists who would have any use for motor oil on a beach.

Dunno about that. But I found some real good use for Oil on a beach in Phuket last year! ... dam_n, she was a gorgeous gal! 

They could start by adding a few hundred trash bins and have them emptied regualarly. I am amazed at the lack of bins for people to throw their garbage into. No wonder they toss trash on the ground.

You must be completely blind. There are huge trash bins all the way along Pattaya Beach and they are emptied regularly. Laziness and bad habits are what's causing the problem, not a lack of trash receptacles.

I reckon Soi Dogs are bigger problem. As long as they protect feral dogs, there's no reason for them to start targeting stray rats. They're all mammals.

I have lived in Thailand 7 years and spent a total of 1 day in Pattaya. The entire city is one sewer so it is no surprise that it is infested with rats. While I am definitely a do whatever makes you happy kind of guy, the sex tourism Pattaya is too much for me to even take. It is like someone went around and gathered up the Thai dregs of society and then emptied all of the British, German, etc male prison population into the city. The beach is absolutely filthy and the "beach" is really just a lake. Vendors walk around and harass you. The city has no redeeming qualities unless you are one of the dregs yourself. Perhaps the rats sense their kin? :D

Thank you very much, its very important to get Opinions from Experts who did a in depth Research. You should go and work for CNN. :)

"Oh i thought they may be the two leg type"

'I live in Pattaya so I hate to say it, but it's fitting.

We already have some of the worst falangs, some of worst Thais, some of worst street dogs, so may as well have lots and lots of rats!'

Now I thought it was going to be about the Brit who "led' the Red shirts, my Yank friends keep ramming it down my throat.

john

"Oh i thought they may be the two leg type"

'I live in Pattaya so I hate to say it, but it's fitting.

We already have some of the worst falangs, some of worst Thais, some of worst street dogs, so may as well have lots and lots of rats!'

Now I thought it was going to be about the Brit who "led' the Red shirts, my Yank friends keep ramming it down my throat.

john

It's not fitting. Pattaya has a some great falangs and Thais, too. I like Pattaya. I'm not a dreg but you can call me that if it makes you feel better.

Well, any excuse to bash Pattaya by the forum's nannies because it isn't Sarasota, Florida, USA. You wimps and old gits and members of the self-appointed morals squad wanna live in Sarasota and play checkers and read your Bible, move there and just keep away from Pattaya and this forum. Otherwise enjoy the freedom, diversity, and uniqueness of this city.

Now it's the rat infestation problem. OK, here's a recent story about rats running rampant on Upper East Side of New York, includes Fifth and Park Avenues, one of the ritziest areas in the world:

"An army of rats is scurrying into apartments, stores and even car engines on a stretch of the Upper East Side . . . . 'It looks like the street's moving," says Mr. Johnson, who has lived on 93rd Street east of Second Avenue since 1976. "It's just wild. You can't imagine how infested this place became.'" http://tinyurl.com/2wkbn5b

Here's a rat rampage in Boston: http://thephoenix.com/boston/life/92486-boston-rat-rampage/

If rats are around, one thing or another will bring them out.

Sigh. It's useless to say, but just get over your hangups about Pattaya, except for a few real problems, like the traffic and, here, the rats of four-legged variety.

Edited by JSixpack