Pennsylvania To Bangkok

Kringle

Got a friend in Pennsylvania that wants to come to Thailand for a visit and I'm trying to get info on what would be the cheapest route for him to take. Would he go west coast and then fly with like Eva air or go east and fly another airline. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Kringle

Eva flies out of New York - Seattle - Taipei - Bangkok daily. Thai has direct non stop service from New York. Believe Singapore also has one stop service from New York. I would check Eva for cheap. The cheapest are usually the consolidators who advertise with 800 numbers in Sunday newspapers - but your routing may not be the best.

Do not believe the go East (beyond New York) is a viable option for cheap unless things have changed. US usually had good price to Europe but was hard to find onward flights at reasonable price. But this was years ago so it may have changed.

Notwithstanding Gentleman Scamp's hearty recommendation thread, Kuwati Airlines, flying via Europe to BKK, offers the absolutely lowest, rock-bottom prices if that is what he is after. At least FROM Bangkok it is. For TO Bangkok rates, he'd need to check with an American travel agency obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
Notwithstanding Gentleman Scamp's hearty recommendation thread, Kuwati Airlines, flying via Europe to BKK, offers the absolutely lowest, rock-bottom prices if that is what he is after. At least FROM Bangkok it is. For TO Bangkok rates, he'd need to check with an American travel agency obviously.

Rock bottom pricing is not what he's after. Just a decent rate is fine. I flew EVA air back to the states in 2003 and was satisfied with the pricing. I went EVA to Cal and then on to Louisiana though and thought there might be a better route for him to take. If he can go by EVA through New York, then I think he will get a cheaper price.

Thanks all,

Kringle

He's a big guy and doesn't hang in the heat too well so I'm figuring anytime after October. He's still recovering from an auto accident so it'll be awhile anyway but I want to do some checking first. He'll be staying at our place so I don't have to worry about hotel bookings. He'll be staying 10-14 days.

Thanks,

Kringle

Edited by Kringle

How many hours flight is it from BKK to NYC Europe bound or Pacific bound (about the same time I bellieve)? I understand the shortest route available is TG's polar flight, non-stop service which is 17 hours flight. Will it be close to, or more than 24 hours with transit in Europe or Narita/Taipei? It's tough enough flying 12 hours to Europe for me, how bearable is it to fly that long haul to NYC in economy class?

I'm also thinking of travelling to NYC with my TW for christmas/new year holiday.

I have went by Korean air,once with a connection in Chicago, and once With a connection in D.C. both flights went west, and where the cheapest I could find at that time. The best price I have found this year was $825 round trip Cleveland to Bangkok. Must purchase well in advance, and non refundable, But if you purchase the travel insurance, usually$25 to $35. they will cover your loss for legitiment reasons, Illness , emergencies, death in the family etc.

The prices have gone up because of increases in fuel costs, and I would be surprised to find a flight for under $1000 today.

I use a site called travelzoo to search and book on line. tried to copy and paste address, from my tool bar, would not do so to this forum,

Good Luck Ray :o