A Tip Of The Hat To Phuket Tekkies

scott_cos

On behalf of the Phuket Film Festival, we would like to thank several "geeks" (I am the real geek here!) for not only bringing to our attention but helping us try to work through a malicious malware virus that has infected our Festival web site and caused our USA based host to shut us down for sending spam.

We are working on the problem and hope to be up and operating again in a couple of days (we have to redirect and host on another server and make sure the site is "clean".

Thanks once again guys (and gals?) for your help.

See you at the Festival which runs June 4 - 13. NO we have not called off the Fest as some people are calling to find out since they can not reach us on-line.

We are up and running on time, on date.

And by the way, UIP just gave us a film that will ONLY PLAY at the Festival. If you like action, adventure and "gore" catch "REPO Men" on Saturday, June 12 at 19:00 hrs.

Hi Scott, Glad to see the festival going off this year. I was really hoping the red shirts weren't going to force a cancellation like the yellow shirts did last year.

Do you mean Repo Man with Forrest Whitaker and Jude Law? It was released a couple months ago, but you must mean it will only be play in Thailand at the festival? I am surprised it was never released in Thailand judging by the movie trailers, Thai's seem to love their blood and gore. The movie didn't get great reviews which means I will probably like it. lol

Hi Scott, Glad to see the festival going off this year. I was really hoping the red shirts weren't going to force a cancellation like the yellow shirts did last year.

Do you mean Repo Man with Forrest Whitaker and Jude Law? It was released a couple months ago, but you must mean it will only be play in Thailand at the festival? I am surprised it was never released in Thailand judging by the movie trailers, Thai's seem to love their blood and gore. The movie didn't get great reviews which means I will probably like it. lol

Red Shirts, Yellow Shirts, Multicolored Shirts will all find something to love at the Festival. Yes, we have had our trials and tribulations but this year the Phuket Film Festival will happen and it is now up to the people on Phuket to turn out for movies and events to show that this kind of annual event is sustainable. Maybe the government can take this years Festival as a lesson in what a true film festival is all about and fund it so we can make it bigger and better. I am tired of saying "mais mi tong".

Yes, Repo Men starring Jude Law and Forest Whitaker is that kind of film which we all hate but yet love the violence and gore. We have to rate it 18+ and I think that is why it is not being released in Thailand (other than at the Festival). We only have one session scheduled now but we may add another. The neat thing is, it is one of those "rare" movies we have at the Festival that is subtitled in Thai so everyone can enjoy.

Think the movie opened in US in April this year. We certainly thank UIP Thailand and UIP International for allowing us to play the movie.

And by the way, we are still slogging through the web site problem. Just this morning our (ex) host packaged our sit so we can now put up on a new server.