Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Hi

I have a friend whose fiance has just received her Fiance Visa to come to the UK, they plan on getting married as soon as she arrive after waiting the required days needed for the registry office to marry them.

Once they are married does anyone know or has been through the process of changing the Visa to a Spouse Visa as in how long does it take, is it a formality as they have already been through all the paper work to get the Fiance Visa or do they still have to apply and wait the 12 weeks it took for my wife to get her Visa last year.

If anyone has any information or can point me to a web link I would really appreciate it.

Thanking you advance and hope everyone in the UK is enjoying the great weather.

Hi Dowman hope everything is OK ?

You marry then you apply for a settlement visa in the UK , I thought when I did your application you did this ?

Around 12 weeks generally I would allow but maybe a lot quicker, as you may make an appointment in person but more £££££.

Applying as a husband, wife or civil partner from inside the UK

You will also require :

FLR (M)

Regards Paul

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Hi Dowman hope everything is OK ?

You marry then you apply for a settlement visa in the UK , I thought when I did your application you did this ?

Around 12 weeks generally I would allow but maybe a lot quicker, as you may make an appointment in person but more £££££.

Applying as a husband, wife or civil partner from inside the UK

You will also require :

FLR (M)

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

Everything with me and Joy is fine and we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary next month (its has flown by).

The reason I asked the question is that as they had applied for a Fiance Visa and sent all the same paperwork as we did for our Spouse Visa (minus the marriage certificate) and had waited 8 weeks for it to be granted, on the application they had stated that she wanted to stay in the UK after marriage.

I was not sure if changing the Visa over would be a quicker process as by granting the Fiance Visa they have already made it clear that they are happy for her to stay, and I was not sure if they would just have to pay the money send in the form and it would be immediately changed not take the 12 weeks that we had to wait.

They are due to be married in the middle of June and we are all going on holiday in september so the 12 weeks time scale would be a problem but if what you say is true then they should make a same day appointment and pay the extra money.

I will let them know, thanks as always for your advice and we will both raise our glasses to you when we celebrate our anniversary next month.

Speak soon

Darren