Regular Visitor

Hi Guys

My wife and I are in our mid-forties, retired and have full British passports.

We travel a lot throughout the Asian continent but like to spend every odd month (or so) in Bangkok, where we stay in the same modest hotel in Sukhumvit 50. We have never worked in Thailand (and have no intention of as we are genuinely retired) and we do not to do anything more than enjoy our frequent stays in this wonderful country.

We usually arrive on a thirty day, free of charge entry stamp, issued at Suvarnabhumi airport, flying in from surrounding countries. We stay our allowed time (we have never over stayed or been late in leaving) and then pick another country to visit for a month or two before repeating the same pattern.

On occasion, we apply for (again, we've never been turned down on our applications) the sixty day, single entry, tourist visa* but as yet never more than twice in a calendar year. We have been doing this now for the past two years and wish to continue to do so for many years to come.

Question:

Is there any reason why we could be turned away from entering the country on the 30 day entry stamp issued at the airport or could we be denied an application for the standard sixty day visa* if we carry on doing as we have described above?

Are there any restrictions as to how many times one can return to the Kingdom in any period? I have heard that some countries will not allow you to return for 3-6 months after your last visit- is there a similar practice in Thailand?

Appreciate your help and despite the recent troubles, it is so good to be back in Bangkok again.

Appreciate your prompt reply and thanks for your understanding. This is what I believe too, but we needed to be sure.

I'd also be happy if anyone can corroborate this factually too?

Thanks.

have full British passports

So what's a partial or not full British passport? :)

:D

Sorry, old habit from driving licence days; I always stated "full" to cover both unrestricted bike and car categories.

Here I meant it's a ten year passport (and with extra pages due to our constant travel). The UK still offers one/five year options, doesn't it?

As it sounds as if the tourist visas are not consecutive or even within a short duration of time, there should be no problems with obtaining additional tourist visas, even in Southeast Asia.

As for as the 30-day visa exemption at the airport, that is not a problem at all.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

"I'd also be happy if anyone can corroborate this factually too?"

I think you got a pretty good answer already.

What you might do is ask a fortune teller to predict the future for you.

Don't you just love selective quotes? I actually said the following:

"Appreciate your prompt reply and thanks for your understanding. This is what I believe too, but we needed to be sure.

I'd also be happy if anyone can corroborate this factually too?

Thanks."

I politely thanked lopburi3 for his response and his understanding, which was my belief too. However, an opinion is not necessarily factual and so I merely wanted further corroboration, which indeed Sunbelt Asia has since kindly provided.

Why, I wonder then, the need for your sarcastic input? Is this an example of "picking on the newbie" or an opportunity to boast your post score? Is this indicative of the response people can expect from this forum when we're not part of the clique? How wonderfully welcoming...

As it sounds as if the tourist visas are not consecutive or even within a short duration of time, there should be no problems with obtaining additional tourist visas, even in Southeast Asia.

As for as the 30-day visa exemption at the airport, that is not a problem at all.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Yes, your understanding is correct- we usually only apply for one or two tourist visas in a year; for the rest of our visits we simply acquire the 30 day stamp on landing at the airport.

Thanks for confirming my queries.