Email Problems With True

benmcg

I have an internet account with True. Many of the emails sent to me - both to my Gmail and POP3 accounts - are being delayed or are not getting through. Somebody said that this could be a problem with my ISP.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Emails sent to your Gmail or other external accounts can't be influenced at all by your ADSL provider. You only use their infrastructure when you are getting mail out of the box or reading it on a webpage. So no, not true / True :)

Mails sent -from- your account can have delays inflicted by bad SMTP servers / blacklisted stuff, try the official True smtp server or alternatively an out of country one or webmail.

Emails sent to your Gmail or other external accounts can't be influenced at all by your ADSL provider. You only use their infrastructure when you are getting mail out of the box or reading it on a webpage. So no, not true / True :)

Mails sent -from- your account can have delays inflicted by bad SMTP servers / blacklisted stuff, try the official True smtp server or alternatively an out of country one or webmail.

Yeap, totally agree. If the OP is getting a successful logon to Gmail to do a POP3 download then the emails are either in his Gmail inbox or not. The problem probably lies in emails "getting to his Gmail inbox for download."

To the OP, have you checked your Gmail inbox via web logon to see if there is any mail waiting for you "before" you do a POP3 download to your computer email software. Maybe, the POP3 download is not connecting; I now every once in a while when I'm doing a Gmail POP3 connection/download to Outlook I will get an error in the connection but you have to be looking for this connection error notice as you can easily miss it and think you got a successful connection and you in turn think you didn't get any email. Usually, just clicking Send/Receive again results in a successfull connection. And the problem just may be with Gmail servers or your friend's ISP. Big, big internet out there...email has so many chances to get hung up/lost in internet land.

I have no problem with incoming emails with true but had a he'll of a time sending them no point asking true what their smtp server is they always gave me the wrong one the only one I found that works for True is smtp.truemail.co.th which I got right after being told to use about 5 other different one by them. Just thought I'd let other people know this if they are having the same problemi did

I have no problem with incoming emails with true but had a he'll of a time sending them no point asking true what their smtp server is they always gave me the wrong one the only one I found that works for True is smtp.truemail.co.th which I got right after being told to use about 5 other different one by them. Just thought I'd let other people know this if they are having the same problemi did

well if you use a Blackberry on AIS with unlimited for 600baht and a tetherberry connection to laptop you are never restricted or blocked and actually get a IP from california !!!!!!!!!1