Sas?sbs In Pattaya

brianw

Your a bit older than me. Would have started drinking in the North Star at 13 in 1974. Knights was on Castilian Street across from the YWCA. The hottest night was Thursday which was the night the nurses got paid. Everyone paid weekly in cash in brown envelopes. Memories...

cant understand why i cant remember knights---------i was 21 at the time and working at either ray and vials spencer parade or shoosmiths and harrison market squ as a clerk

the guy i mentioned in kbb dad it tatooed on him i think knuckles--------he is in jimmies end now i could ring him------anyway it was a very diffferent town than now------a different type of inhabitant if you get my drift

i remember the saddlers bar and a pint of davenports at 1'10.

A bunch of complete knobs, just like the Aussie red Shirt guy. All forces know their regimental number, and all SF can tell you theirs. There is no way to find out where someone served by their Regimental Numbers, unless someone has access to the records in Kentigern House in Glasgow.

Also you cannot serve in the SBS and SAS, you must first pass SBS then you can try selection into the SAS, but you have to leave the SBS if you pass selection.

You sure about that Beano, in 1997 I was with the SF det training on the Chocolate Mountain Ranges in Southern California.

We were based at Yuma US Marine Corp - Air Force Base in Arizona. It was all live fireing training for Balkan Ops.

SBS & SAS were pretty much a combined unit. Good guys, eat a lot of BK's on base.

I also believe beano to be wrong, those who want to join UK Special Forces,SBS or SAS must pass a joint selection process and have at least 3 years to serve.

That is now the case that you do a joint selection course, for Phases 1 to 5. Then your are sent back to your Unit, either SBS or SAS, where you are trained further, by your respective DS staff. They used to work very close together on Ops, as both Cadre knew each other very well.

Volunteers must have completed 39 months of service and be under 32 years of age.

This was not previously the case, for information I left in 1997 and the joint course had not been introduced at that time, I was neither of the above. I did Communications.

Edited by beano2274

You are correct When I went in to the army in the early 60s. you had to have served in another regiment for at least 3 years and the you could apply to transfer I also think that if you were a corporal and transfered to SAS you reverted to trooper does any one know if your pay went down. I thought of applying to take SAS training until I was told you had to jump out of an airplane I chickened out and done 25 years in another regiment