Tuk-tuk For Personal Use: Registration

I will be purchasing a tuk-tuk in the near future and have been informed that I can register the vehicle as a personal use tuk-tuk (red numbers on white plate) only if I purchase it with a current personal registration (can't find any for sale right now) or a taxi registration (black numbers on yellow plate). The next step is to process the paperwork to convert the registration from a commercial taxi to a personal use vehicle. The tuk-tuk will also require a painting, to the body change color to a non-taxi color, and the words "not a tuk-tuk" (or something to that effect) painted on the side as well.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and can confirm or deny any of the information I've presented above. This vehicle will be used within a private compound for most of the daily trips (which I know I will not require registration for) however the last 0.50 km is on a few public roads near a police station. I do not want to drive this vehicle illegally and will seek registration and insurance.

I'm most interested in people who have any knowledge of the process or have gone through it themselves and can offer advice and pointers. I'm not interested in people telling me to just drive it without reg, and hand out tea money to any cops that stop us. Many thanks!