Attention To Detail

tigerfish

so how much attention do you pay to a members details when reading a topic, reading a reply or indeed replying to a certain members comments and remarks.

do you take any notice of the information given under the user name and avatar, ie things like when they joined, nationality, location and post count. how often do you sneek off for a quick peak at people profiles. do any of these things make a difference to you when posting? have you remembered a post from that person a few weeks back and now your reply to a post could be in some way affected by what they have said previously.

after all it is only a forum, would you be of the same way of thinking if you met that person in real life!

Edited by tigerfish

I never look at people's profile. Couldn't care less about star ratings etc.

Suffice to say I have more important things to do like: scratch my balls, fart or go for a coffee.

Do the words under their profile or signature make a difference as to how I post in reply? Nope, see above for a hint.

Suffice to say I have more important things to do like: scratch my balls, fart or go for a coffee.

Do the words under their profile or signature make a difference as to how I post in reply? Nope, see above for a hint.

Most of the comments are for fun anyway. RIGHT? :)

If their post is utter tripe, I tend to glance as join date and number of posts to see if its a new troll.

Other than that I just enjoy the pictures in some Avatars, like Sing-Sing's and Neverdie's.

I know it looks like i have a lot of time on my hands but I am not so interested as to open peoples profile. I find their posts a big enough indicator of what kind of person they are.

Why do you ask?

Most of the comments are for fun anyway. RIGHT? :D

you would hope so, seeing as hes only a 5ft nothing, pot belly beer drinker :)

Most of the comments are for fun anyway. RIGHT? :D

you would hope so, seeing as hes only a 5ft nothing, pot belly beer drinker :)

you got one part correct, i do drink beer.. see my avatar for more hints.

I tend to notice avatars, and associate the image with the member. Sometimes i even need to see the avatar to jog my memory as to who they are. Its off-putting for me when new members take another members long-used avatar. Its also off-putting if a member frequently changes theirs (up to them of course...but i just get used to the avatars and associations). With some members i recognise writing styles, and some just from reading the topic title.

Never really looked at profiles or join dates, but do so more now since becoming a mod.

If their post is utter tripe, I tend to glance as join date and number of posts to see if its a new troll.

Other than that I just enjoy the pictures in some Avatars, like Sing-Sing's and Neverdie's.

I know it looks like i have a lot of time on my hands but I am not so interested as to open peoples profile. I find their posts a big enough indicator of what kind of person they are.

Why do you ask?

just wondered loz, seeing as there has been a particulary large amount of mud slinging going on in the last few weeks.

especially in the new headlines forums!

Edited by tigerfish

Helps me decide whether to add someone to my ignore filter if I can see what else they posted and what other people have said. The forum is a more enjoyable place if you filter out the cranks and resist the urge to view what they posted.