Biometric Testing Requirements For Children Coming

I've looked at the VFS website and searched google and Thai Visa (using keyword biometric) for this question and couldn't find an answer so I'm posting a question on here in order to clarify the answer for me and for others in the future.

I understand that children under 11 years of age do not need a TB certificate from the hospital to visit the UK. However, what about the biometric data? There appears to be no information on whether a child is required to do this or not on the UK Visa website or related links (well I couldn't see it). Google and Thai visa searches revealed no ansers too.

So I called the Embassy and asked them. They told me that children of 5 years and over do require the biometric data, but children under 5 years of age don't. I explained that I couldn't see this on the website and she said trust me I know.

Is there anywhere on any of the websites where this is in fact documented, as I'd hate to apply for the settlement visa only to be turned down because we didn't have this data. Incidentally, my wife's son is three and a half years old.

Many thanks

Hi Stament, don't worry about biometric data. You don't have to organise to have the data taken yourselves, when your wife and her son go to the VFS centre to submit the printed application forms and supporting documentation they will do the biometrics then. They VFS staff WILL know whether your stepson needs to have his biometrics taken, along with your wife's, or not.

Hi Stament, don't worry about biometric data. You don't have to organise to have the data taken yourselves, when your wife and her son go to the VFS centre to submit the printed application forms and supporting documentation they will do the biometrics then. They VFS staff WILL know whether your stepson needs to have his biometrics taken, along with your wife's, or not.

Well it is an issue as my wife is in Chiang Mai and I don't want her son to have to trek down to BKK unless he has to as he's only 3.5 years old. Obviously for my wife no issue as she has to go for the TB test and to present the documents anyway.

I'll call the Embassy tomorrow and ask them and report back. That's provided they answer the phones of course and not cut me off like they kept dfoing today :-((

Edited by stament