Thai Visa Aa Insurance

NALAK

Car broke down yesterday morning in central Pattaya, about 6 in the morning, after trying to get it sorted the wife called the the AXA 24 hour breakdown service. it took over 3 hours to come but they kept ringing us to keep us informed. anyway breakdown vehicle arrived loaded the car on the back, took it and me to a garage near home. 200 baht later fixed and back on the road, great service, we even got a call after to see if the driver was ok.

AA insurance, cheaper and great service.

Whilst I don't have first class AXA cover with the breakdown insurance, as my car is over 10 years old I can only get 3rd class which Thaivisa/AA were able to find suitable cover for my car without me having to call around everyone company to see what was the best and affordable, cheaper? well it saved me a lot of time and cost no more than dealing directly with the insurance company (Indra Insurance) and I have someone I can call if I have a problem and have a policy in English, very nice to know what I am covered for and not have the wife translate a Thai policy to me and I miss something.

I took out the car breakdown service which I have used and found to be great value for the money it cost, the clutch popped a seal in the slave cylinder, flat tray to a local mechanic who fitted a seal kit for 400 baht and on the road again. Cheaper? it cost me nothing for the flat tray service, he did mention there was a fee if it was further than 30km which is reasonable.