Is There A Tool Hire Place In Pattaya?

Asiacat

I've closed my bedroom door and it's locked itself and I don't have a key for the door.

I need an electric drill to drill through the lock, is there anywhere in Pattaya I can hire one?

I have a drill motor and many bits. PM me and you are welcome to use it. Or get a locksmith come and open it while making you a couple of new keys. I have been learning Thai and learned this: "up to you!"

If it's the type that have a button on the inside then there is another possible solution.

This happened to me and being a carpenter i tried the DIY thing. Try to remove the round cover plate that hides the screws which should be easy. Inside if you look closely you will see a small hole/slit near where the handle joins the lock. Get something small like a screwdriver or knife, poke it in and try to move it. Probably made from a different grade of metal and may be a different colour. This should open the door as most standard bedroom door lock are not made to complicated. Good luck.

Are the hinges visible on your side of the door? If so, you should be able to punch out the pins and open the door that way.

Otherwise, I agree with the locksmith suggestion, as the lock metal may be too hard for an ordinary drill, or if the bit breaks off in the lock you will have a real problem.

Once sorted, suggest you keep a key hidden outside your bedroom to avoid a repeat episode!

Usually, bedroom doors are from the "loose-fit-type" of doors.

Take an old credit card and try to stick it between the door and the post, there where the locking-pin falls into the door post.

The card is just flexible enough to find its way to the locking in.

Did it several times and always with succes.

Asiacat,

Hope you get the door open without too much hassle. Care to let us know what you did to get it open.

Cheers

I went to a key guy in Soi Khaow Noi, he came to my house and unlocked it for B300.

The locks still in one piece, I don't have a key but the door is now wedged firmly open.

A good kick with your foot will solve the problem. You have to by a new lock though. :D

Don't know that this is such good advice.

I tried the above once & not only did the lock come free from the door jamb, the door jamb came free from the wall, and about thirty bricks/blocks that were being supported by the door jamb came crashing down to the ground. :)

Asiacat,

Hope you get the door open without too much hassle. Care to let us know what you did to get it open.

Cheers

I went to a key guy in Soi Khaow Noi, he came to my house and unlocked it for B300.

The locks still in one piece, I don't have a key but the door is now wedged firmly open.

Did the locksmith ask for some sort of proof of residence, or was he just happy to collect the 300B?

A good kick with your foot will solve the problem. You have to by a new lock though. :D

I tried the above once & not only did the lock come free from the door jamb, the door jamb came free from the wall, and about thirty bricks/blocks that were being supported by the door jamb came crashing down to the ground. :)

In that case I suggest you change your user name to IRONMAN :D

Got locked out one night, the security guard at my condominium had a number for a locksmith, he was out in about ten minutes, took about two minutes to open the door, cost 400B.

for 3 to 400 Baht you can buy a cheap "chinese drill".

QUOTE (Semper @ 2010-05-28 12:20:35) A good kick with your foot will solve the problem. You have to by a new lock though. smile.gif

I tried the above once & not only did the lock come free from the door jamb, the door jamb came free from the wall, and about thirty bricks/blocks that were being supported by the door jamb came crashing down to the ground. ohmy.gif

good one! Do you mind sharing pictures? cheesy.gif

Got locked out one night, the security guard at my condominium had a number for a locksmith, he was out in about ten minutes, took about two minutes to open the door, cost 400B.

for 3 to 400 Baht you can buy a cheap "chinese drill".

Yes you can, but then of course you would need to buy and fit a new lock as well:P

Is There A Tool Hire Place In Pattaya? I need to drill a hole

Egad, with a lead in like that this is what we get? Either TV is going PC on me or the moderators are working over time. Or is it just too easy?

Wait am I still in Pattaya?

kdf

Egad, with a lead in like that this is what we get? Either TV is going PC on me or the moderators are working over time. Or is it just too easy?

kdf

Still probable easier to hire a man with a drill, (as long as you are not working to close tolerances)whistling.gif

kdf

Still probable easier to hire a man with a drill, (as long as you are not working to close tolerances)whistling.gif

Finally thank you Basil B

Hey honey I just found out we are still in Pattaya

kdf