S And M Massage

tomahawk

Like I post in forum before I go to massage regularly for back and leg problems and helps me a great deal. I am not giving name of massage here because people on forum just think it is advertising, so I will just say it is a very nice place with friendly people and excellent masseuse. Anyway they have new girl name Newt and she gives massage first time and I tell owner it was not very strong and less pain than other girl Allie. Next time I go, I once again get massage from newt as other lady Allie busy and she tells me owner says I want stronger massage as it helps my back pain more. So I get what i ask for. I think this girl newt should be wearing black leather bikini and a whip. But this is what I asked for so I tried to be macho and pride would not let me complain but I tell you I think she can crack walnuts with bare hands.

However despite the s and m treatment it did the trick and back has been very good and loose ever since. I will definitely keep going back but perhaps i will shoot up morphine first. However to be fair if customer does not want the s and m just tell masseuse and they will do whatever way you wish.

I think him speak same same me. I likey.

whatever the language the OP speaks/writes, i understand it better than someone elses on another thread regarding WC in english, and im sure hes from a english speaking country :)

Yes you are right, the English I write is very bad. Not because I do not speak English but because of 3 things. I type very slowly so I try to keep short, my eyesight is bad and also I do not speak to so many farang. Where I live is mostly all Thais and so I am either speaking Thai or tinglish or whatever you call it all the time. I can try to write better grammar but I think main thing is if people understand. What is strange is even when I talk to my children or other Englsih speaking people if I am not thinking about it I end up talking to them same way as to Thai people and then they think I am an idiot.

I do not want to give wrong impression about massage. Although I speak about pain I am mostly trying to do so with humor and good natured because actually it was very good massage and my back and leg are much better, so really since this is my purpose for massage I must say it was very good and I will definitely return. I do not know if other people have this experience, but for me it seems if I feel no pain during massage, it is not effective for relieving the back pain on the long term, so I would rather suffer a bit of pain during massage if it means I can get a good night sleep and live normal and active life.

Where do we get the S&M? :D

Depends on which definition you use, one in bold may suit you: :)

S&M Sales & Marketing

S&M Small and Medium

S&M Sun & Moon

S&M Science & Math

S&M Smoke and Mirrors

S&M Serbia & Montenegro

S&M Sam & Max (comic characters)

S&M Sadism and Masochism

S&M Service/Maintenance

S&M Sex & Money

S&M Structures and Materials

S&M Support & Maintenance

S&M Sign and Magnitude

S&M Structures and Mechanisms

S&M Selling and Marketing

S&M Slave and Master

S&M Spaghetti and Meatballs

S&M Surveillance and Maintenance

S&M Stand and Model (fashion)

S&M Supply & Maintenance

S&M Symphony and Metallica

S&M Structures and Mechanical

S&M Simulations and Modeling

S&M Sex and Mockery

S&M Scheduling and Movement

S&M Scrubbing and Mopping

S&M San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and Metallica (Metallica CD)

S&M Steal and Modify

S&M Surfaced & Matched

S&M Subcontracts and Material

S&M Smith & Milton Limited (UK)

Yes you are right, the English I write is very bad. Not because I do not speak English but because of 3 things. I type very slowly so I try to keep short, my eyesight is bad and also I do not speak to so many farang. Where I live is mostly all Thais and so I am either speaking Thai or tinglish or whatever you call it all the time. I can try to write better grammar but I think main thing is if people understand. What is strange is even when I talk to my children or other Englsih speaking people if I am not thinking about it I end up talking to them same way as to Thai people and then they think I am an idiot.

I do not want to give wrong impression about massage. Although I speak about pain I am mostly trying to do so with humor and good natured because actually it was very good massage and my back and leg are much better, so really since this is my purpose for massage I must say it was very good and I will definitely return. I do not know if other people have this experience, but for me it seems if I feel no pain during massage, it is not effective for relieving the back pain on the long term, so I would rather suffer a bit of pain during massage if it means I can get a good night sleep and live normal and active life.

A good reason here not to live out in the sticks or you'll end up talking like Tarzan.

You should get out more mate :)

Where do we get the S&M? :)

The OP has been posting about this place for some time now. Check out http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Remedial-Mas....html&st=25 and http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Massage-Help...&hl=massage

It's the Maripaun Salon and sounds like the number 1 gal Nok is no longer there as she is not mentioned and there is a new masseuse Newt he talks about.

I did a little research on other places that may be able to do therapeutic massages but not having the need to visit any of them (yet) can not give a personal recommendation one way or the other.

One possibility is Old Medicine Hospital (053275085) that also teaches courses. I believe their hourly rate is 150 baht. They are located at 238/8 Wua Lai Road, not far from Airport Plaza. Anyone tried them yet?

I also sent an email to Baan Hom Samunphrai since one poster had mentioned he once took a course there and liked it.

After getting no reply, I sent a follow up. Took several days but finally got a response from Christopher (the owner's husband) with the excuse they've been so busy, its been too hot, blah blah blah.

I mainly wanted to know why their rates were so high. They charge 600 baht for two hours plus he mentioned how there is often a tip of 100 baht or more for a place that is not a spa and is located in the sticks. His answer was they don't cater to local expats and they pay their therapists a livable wage (my guess is the one doing the massage doesn't get much of the 600 baht if he is bringing up the 100 baht plus tip).

He went on to say they provide both free massages and training to the local Thais. So on one hand, they will help their fellow Chiang Mai residents and even provide free services but on the other hand, if you are an expat living here in need of help, you're going to pay the farang rate for it.

When I sent him another email asking if they would consider a reduced rate for those of us who actually live here such as 200 or even 250 baht an hour (verify by Thai drivers license, copy visa, etc) he sent an email back saying to stop by without any answer to the fees.

My opinion is they want to make their money on getting people to sign up for their courses and could care less about providing therapeutic treatments for local expats, which is their prerogative. I for one, would never patronize any establishment here that has a dual standard of pricing, as is the case with this business.

Anyway, with all the therapeutic massage training schools in the area, there must be a number of individuals in Chiang Mai who are knowledgeable and offer their services at a reasonable fee. The trick is just finding them.

Yes now that it has been mentioned I guess fair to admit massage is Maripaun salon and information about this is in posting mention by mr. miller. It is true Nok is no longer working there but other masseuses there including Allie and new girl are just as good. There are also some improvements recently such as new massage tables and curtains. Nok did good job but apparently left due to family reasons.

When I sent him another email asking if they would consider a reduced rate for those of us who actually live here such as 200 or even 250 baht an hour (verify by Thai drivers license, copy visa, etc) he sent an email back saying to stop by without any answer to the fees.

My opinion is they want to make their money on getting people to sign up for their courses and could care less about providing therapeutic treatments for local expats, which is their prerogative. I for one, would never patronize any establishment here that has a dual standard of pricing, as is the case with this business.

They do make their money by getting people on the courses! And its a wonderful course! They have lodging. Awesome food. A resort/spa type area of land...(very large area with beautiful gardens and traditional buildings). It is out of the way a bit - over by 'Global House' ... but that how they have managed to have so many rai and be situated by fields. They have a herbal sauna that is just amazing, and a small pool to cool off in after the sauna. It is high end stuff. And the practioner is very highly qualified, - Christophers wife. Im sure if you did stop by and meet them, they might be able to work something out...if they dont have the time (which is possible when you are running courses back to back) - they may be able to refer you, or diagnose... I think this is a bit of a 'hobby' for Christopher who has lived here for donkeys years... and as far as I can gather, is not, and has never been short of a few bucks. His wife however is incredibly serious about it all...and certainly knows all about therapeutic massage- my lower spine was dislocated at 21, and remains a problem 15 years later... Anway, my 2cents.. you couldnt find a nicer Yank in CM. You get what you pay for.

Edited by whiterussian

Sounds like a great place.

I like nuat Thai at the upper end of the applied pressure scale...but a good masseuse always knows, and really need not ask, if it is too much.

I'm happy the OP has found his massage Nirvana. There are hundreds of places in this town, and northern Thailand, that offer much the same.

I used to pay 100 B an hour (always booked 2 hours) at a place that closed about a year or so ago, where I had some of the best Thai massage ever.

Older ladies with an excellent work ethic, who really knew their stuff.

Keep looking and trying, OP- there are lots of great places for Thai massage.

Where do we get the S&M? :D

Depends on which definition you use, one in bold may suit you: :)

S&M Sales & Marketing

S&M Small and Medium

S&M Sun & Moon

S&M Science & Math

S&M Smoke and Mirrors

S&M Serbia & Montenegro

S&M Sam & Max (comic characters)

S&M Sadism and Masochism

S&M Service/Maintenance

S&M Sex & Money

S&M Structures and Materials

S&M Support & Maintenance

S&M Sign and Magnitude

S&M Structures and Mechanisms

S&M Selling and Marketing

S&M Slave and Master

S&M Spaghetti and Meatballs

S&M Surveillance and Maintenance

S&M Stand and Model (fashion)

S&M Supply & Maintenance

S&M Symphony and Metallica

S&M Structures and Mechanical

S&M Simulations and Modeling

S&M Sex and Mockery

S&M Scheduling and Movement

S&M Scrubbing and Mopping

S&M San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and Metallica (Metallica CD)

S&M Steal and Modify

S&M Surfaced & Matched

S&M Subcontracts and Material

S&M Smith & Milton Limited (UK)

Someone has time on their hands. Not enough searching and meandering looking for things to admin.....

You`re weird, but I like you.

i went to old medicine school a couple of times and the massage was OK... but more just a general tonic massage, not the deep, digging in that I have received at Maripaun.

Someone mentioned a "nerve Ninja" and still trying to track that one down and give it a whirl.

You`re weird, but I like you.

Yes, very nice. But is this poster really Manuel from Fawlty Towers?