Airasia Offers Free Thai Tickets As Fare War Takes Off

webfact

It's not the price - it's the product that's faulty - and the company know this - they keep passengers in the dark, flights are delayed canceled rolled into one passengers are just expected to sit around until they (air Asia) are ready to fly them.

THeir main problem is the total disregard for their customers - the second problem is that they cut so many corners they can't actually fly many of the flights they schedule.

I must also say that an airline with such a lamentable record inspires absolutely no confidence when it comes to safety.

In particular the Thai branch of the company seems completely indifferent to their customers and has little or no organizational ability.

It's a wonder they don't drop out of the sky on a regular basis.

Their Thailand phone number is answered in Malaysia by supposedly English speaking people, who do not speak a little English but cannot understand your English and cannot give you an AirAsia office location in Bangkok. My experience today.

I've never had a problem with speaking to them or them understanding me. Do they have a Bangkok office? They are probably based at the airport.

Air Asia began in Malaysia with support from one of the founders of Ryanair. Nothing to do with Thaksin. but their customer service is streets ahead of Ryanair.

But they are both Low Cost airlines. Not one size fits all. If they don't suit, fly with another airline.

I'm happy that they get me there safely and that they don't cheat me.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any complaints or problems to Air Asia thailand will be met with heel-dragging, evasion and procrastination - in fact anything they can think of to make it impossible to get through.

I have been refused an address in thailand - there is a call center, but their job is to divert your problem so it never gets dealt with.

ANY airline is OK if they leave reasonably on time and arrive where you intend to go - and I would guess that AA do that for the majority of their flights. - however the difference emerges when you have a problem - this is when an airline gets to show what it's made of - and in the case off AA, it's a bunch of evasive, duplicitous jobsworths who will do anything rather than address your problem.

Here is an email I just replied to a friend:

Hi xxxx,

Thanks for detailing you email exchanges with AA.

Think you are lucky to get the email responses from Air Asia that you have had, not that that justifies the matter in any way.

Think you are lucky to even get an email response.

Thai Visa usually has at least a few threads running on problems with Air Asia, many are due to people not understanding that you get what you pay for with this type of airline.

But many are quite relevant and show that they, Air Asia are very tardy in dealing with anything other than you make a booking, show up and fly............If the plane is there!

One thing is being demonstrated for sure is that if you are lucky enough to get in on one of their sales, are able to make the booking and nothing happens in the interim, you benefit.

But on the other hand, if you or THEY have any change in between your booking and flight, you are in big trouble and they don't have the understanding, or intelligent people, or systems to deal with it.

As we know, we have been flying with them around from when they started and have in most cases benefited, but I think in time they will start to crumble and start losing in a big way.

I would far prefer to always use another airline between Australia and Thailand when economic circumstances prevail.

The only way that AA is winning is with their sales. In and around that their service and indeed normal prices leave a lot to be desired and I'm sure will start to hurt them in the end.

Yours ..........

+1, definitely agree

why so many people complain about paying baggage fees, GoInsure, airport taxes (any airline charges same airport tax for the same route, by the way)... if you do not need that service, then exclude it; if you forgot to do that and ended up paying more - it's just you fault, not AirAsia's... same applies if you want to fly some EXACT date, but the tickets are expensive... the airline offers cheap tickets when it's convenient to it, that's why cheap

anyway, checked this promo a few days ago just out of interest (as i am ticketed totally till mid-autumn, all 8 flights by AirAsia, and all except one are promotional ones)... yeah couldn't find 0 baht fare, but, if i remember right, they told just about 10000 free tickets this time, and most were sold out in a few hours, i guess

but.. i am quite happy that when my current visa expires in July, I have Chiangmai-Phuket-Jakarta-and 30 days later Bkk all for around 4500 bht, including baggage fees yes... that's 9 hrs flight in total

have to spend a night in HKT airport, however :-D arrive 0.30, depart 8.00

also, can't say today's evening flight BKK-CNX with my gf is too expensive... 1710 total for both incl my 15 kg baggage fee.. that's why we flying by the way... i am not "rich farang" and normally pay for domestic more than 1100-1200 only if in hurry