Ekamai 12

tigah

QUOTE(tigah @ 2005-06-16 20:41:30)

Anyone know much about this area? I thinking of renting a townhouse just off Ekamai 12. How far from the BTS is it?

Cheers

The Ekamai bts station is probably a few hundred yards away. If you can't walk it, get a motorbike taxi or the number 23 bus (5 baht). 

There's always the BTS bus(free). No. 23 bus is 5 baht now? 4 baht the last time I took it.

Ekamai 12 is a very nice soi.

How far is it from Sukhumvit? And are is there anything nearby? I've heard its less than 10 minutes in a taxi from the supermarkets (TescoLotus, Carrefor) in On Nut. Are there any swimming pools or anything nearby?

Anyone know much about this area? I thinking of renting a townhouse just off Ekamai 12. How far from the BTS is it?

Cheers

The Ekamai bts station is probably a few hundred yards away. If you can't walk it, get a motorbike taxi or the number 23 bus (5 baht). 

There's always the BTS bus(free). No. 23 bus is 5 baht now? 4 baht the last time I took it.

If you want to know the EXACT cost of the fare try looking at the Thai guy in front of you and try to work out how many baht coins he has in each ear! If it's four baht his head will be straight, if five then it will lean slightly to one side :o

Cheers

I believe all the bus prices went up by one or two baht recently.

Tigah, ekamai bts station is on the sukhumvit road. And the tesco lotus and carrefour is just two stops away outside on nut bts station, but if you go in the other direction on the bts, there's a tops supermarket near thonglor and a villa supermarket near the emporium that sell more farang food. The only swimming pools are in the hotels and serviced apartments.

The red buses went up to 4 baht from 3.50.

But that increase was quite a while back. I haven't taken that route for some time, but the wife tells me that all non-aircon buses went up by one baht. so the red buses are now 5 baht and the white ones are 6 baht.

The red buses went up to 4 baht from 3.50.

But that increase was quite a while back. I haven't taken that route for some time, but the wife tells me that all non-aircon buses went up by one baht. so the red buses are now 5 baht and the white ones are 6 baht.

All the buses raised their fares by 1 baht from the 1st of May, the airconditioned buses as well. The fares are now 5 baht for the red/cream bus (6.50 if it goes on the expressway), 6 baht for the blue/white and should be 4.50 baht for the green minibus.

Most of the song-thaew's raised their fares by 1 baht too.

Sophon

All the buses raised their fares by 1 baht from the 1st of May, the airconditioned buses as well. The fares are now 5 baht for the red/cream bus (6.50 if it goes on the expressway), 6 baht for the blue/white and should be 4.50 baht for the green minibus.

Most of the song-thaew's raised their fares by 1 baht too.

Sophon

I remember when times were bad and the green buses were 2.50 and the red ones 3.50. It is good for me to remember that I used to wait for the green one and let the red one go past, all for the 1 baht difference. What a difference a few years and a change of attitude can make :o

I've heard its less than 10 minutes in a taxi from the supermarkets (TescoLotus, Carrefor) in On Nut.

Did you hear that from the person trying to rent to you? Maybe 10 mins on a Sunday morning. Otherwise no chance. Ekamai is often very congested and getting through Phra Khanong (Sukhumvit Soi 71 area) at many times of day can be ######. However, as mentioned there is a Tops supermarket near Ekamai 12, although much smaller than Tesco/Carrefour and not a shopping mall. You've also get Majorcineplex just near the Sukhumivit-ekamai intersection. Quite a small mall, mainly fast food/cafes and of course a cinema.

If you want to use the skytrain, getting from there to the Skytrain is fine, less than 10 minutes by bus/taxi/motorbike. Coming back from the skytrain to your home in the early evening though you will find horrendous traffic gridlock. Probably best to walk (quite a long walk mind you) or possibly a motorbike taxi. It can also at times pay to use Thonglor Road to access Ekamai rather than going along Ekamai itself. I'd have a look for yourself during rush hours if I were you although it sounds like you might be outside of the country.

i used to live there years go, could not wait for my lease to expire and move to thonglor 

It is about a seven minute walk across Thonglor Soi 10 to Thonglor Road!

I think Soi 12 is quite nice and it takes about five minutes in a taxi to get to Ekkamai BTS. I usually walk it in the evenings but not in the morning.

As someone else said if you get the taxi driver to go up either Suk 53 or Thonglor, it is much faster in the afternoons getting home.

• 2 weeks later...

For a swimming pool, there's "71 sport club". If you take a bike it'll cost u about 20 baht. If I'm not wrong, they charge u 30 baht for swimming there.. haven't been there for ages. It's in the middle of Sukhumvit 71, and the bike guys will know how to get there using those confusing sois as short cut. If they still can't get where u wanna go, just say "Soi KhoonWichit".

Have fun ! :o