Posting Pictures In A Thread

billd766

I have tried for an hour to do what you lot say. What is it with you computor buffs. Why all the 'Paste your blog and URL on to your 20 gigabytes of ram, with an http and a img' WHAT THE FUKCING HE!! ARE YOU ON ABOUT? Why can't you just say ' press button A' On bedlam or sports I have no problem. I just select browse and click which pic I want, and then guess what? yes; I press the button.

I have tried for an hour to do what you lot say. What is it with you computor buffs. Why all the  'Paste your blog and URL on to your 20 gigabytes of ram, with an http and a img' WHAT THE FUKCING HE!! ARE YOU ON ABOUT? Why can't you just say ' press button A' On bedlam or sports I have no problem. I just select browse and click which pic I want, and then guess what? yes; I press the button.

Hey lampshade. No wonder you dont have much hair!! You worry to much mate. :D:D:o So what button do we press? :D

I have tried for an hour to do what you lot say. What is it with you computor buffs. Why all the  'Paste your blog and URL on to your 20 gigabytes of ram, with an http and a img' WHAT THE FUKCING HE!! ARE YOU ON ABOUT? Why can't you just say ' press button A' On bedlam or sports I have no problem. I just select browse and click which pic I want, and then guess what? yes; I press the button.

Hey lampshade. No wonder you dont have much hair!! You worry to much mate. :D:D:o So what button do we press? :D

Please Lamp,

go through what you do systmatically for us - which is what I was after when i PM'ed you - because I think you may have discovered something beyond even the wisdom of computer buffs.

EDIT: Pretty please.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Please Lamp,

go through what you do systmatically for us - which is what I was after when i PM'ed you - because I think you may have discovered something beyond even the wisdom of computer buffs.

I answered you. Maybe you did not get it, or a computor buff hi-jacked it before it got to you. In Bedlam or Sport, at the bottom of the answer page is a box with 'browse' on it. I click browse and it take me straight to all the pictures I have stored on my computor. I just click on the picture and that picture is transferred to the box, then I click on attatch and hey presto. The picture is loaded, or on some pics a link is loaded. On Yorkie and Lampshades tour, the pics loaded, on 'Iceland' just the links loaded.

Please Lamp,

I answered you. Maybe you did not get it, or a computor buff hi-jacked it before it got to you. In Bedlam or Sport, at the bottom of the answer page is a box with 'browse' on it. I click browse and it take me straight to all the pictures I have stored on my computor. I just click on the picture and that picture is transferred to the box, then I click on attatch and hey presto. The picture is loaded, or on some pics a link is loaded. On Yorkie and Lampshades tour, the pics loaded, on 'Iceland' just the links loaded.

You are right! I just tried it (thanks for the info.).

It is a much more efficient method than the others described by the buffs in this thread, or the one I have been using.

Question to admin: Why is this facility only available in Bedlam and Sports? Surely admin can put restrictions on the size of pictures members could attach in postings so the forum is not swamped with too much picture work? In the systems outlined elsewhere in this thread, there is no control over the size of the picture inserted in a posting.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Please Lamp,

You are right! I just tried it (thanks for the info.).

It is a much more efficient method than the others described by the buffs in this thread, or the one I have been using.

Question to admin: Why is this facility only available in Bedlam and Sports? Surely admin can put restrictions on the size of pictures members could attach in postings so the forum is not swamped with too much picture work? In the systems outlined elsewhere in this thread, there is no control over the size of the picture inserted in a posting.

I personally prefer to link the picture from elsewhere rather than uploading the way Lampard and Thomas are saying... not only because I don't want to have to click to see the full size picture (which could also be annoying for those on dial up) but also because it is only available in two forums..

totster :D

I personally prefer to link the picture from elsewhere rather than uploading the way Lampard and Thomas are saying... not only because I don't want to have to click to see the full size picture (which could also be annoying for those on dial up) but also because it is only available in two forums..

totster  :o

But these are, in fact, the reasons I would like it extended to the other forums:

1. Your point about it only being available on two forums would be irrelevant

2. Dial-uppers would see photos in a consistent small size in the postings. They would be able to choose themselves if they wished to use bandwidth and download the full sized picture, with the proposed method. In the present method, dial-uppers are not aware of individual postings that contain large photos - only when their machine seems to freeze while it attempts to download what quite possibly is an unnecessary or unwanted photo.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

totster  :D

But these are, in fact, the reasons I would like it extended to the other forums:

1. Your point about it only being available on two forums would be irrelevant

2. Dial-uppers would see photos in a consistent small size in the postings. They would be able to choose themselves if they wished to use bandwidth and download the full sized picture, with the proposed method. In the present method, dial-uppers are not aware of individual postings that contain large photos - only when their machine seems to freeze while it attempts to download what quite possibly is an unnecessary or unwanted photo.

Just one man's preference Thomas... :o

Hmmm. Maybe attachment posting is not allowed in all forum branches. Normally it is set in the branch settings. I will bribe professor huski to have a look at that.

permissions now updated, thank you for bringing this to our attention

well done.....fantastic lads. Now I don't have to be a computor geek to show my pics.

...I was trying to post a picture of the Simon and Garfunkle album, Bridge Over Troubled Water earlier but it didn't give me permission...

If you can see it on your computer screen, you can copy it and post it.

...Unless it's Simon and Garfunkel album cover that you asked Jeeves to find. :o

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

...I was trying to post a picture of the Simon and Garfunkle album, Bridge Over Troubled Water earlier but it didn't give me permission...

...Unless it's Simon and Garfunkel album cover that you asked Jeeves to find. :o

Hey Scamp... remember that PM i sent you about posting a picture... can you send it back please... or post it.. :D

Ah! So you're the guy in the UK who uses "Ask Jeeves". I hear Google are really pissed :D

So, anyway, what was your problem again?

bridgeovertroubled7fz.jpg