PM Abhisit Challenges Thaksin

webfact

Despite his tough talk, Djukanovic did not completely slam the door shut on extradition. He earlier mentioned one of the reasons his government had granted Thaksin a passport was that the ex-premier was serious about planned investment in mega-tourism projects in Montenegro.

Now, however, Djukanovic said "his government had a mechanism to change the decision on extradition if it were deemed necessary"

In other words if Thaksin were to Renade on the deal?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Person commits crime

2. Police investigate gather evidence

3. Based on evidence police obtain arrest warrant

4. Person is arrested

4a. If person is in another country local police may arrest him

4b Extradition process occurs

5. Trial

6. Guilt is determined

7 Sentencing if necessary

Usual course of a police investigation and subsequent trial, not sure why it's so difficult to understand.

4a

4b

There are arrest warrents out, Thaksin also found guilty and was sentenced two 2 years jail in one case allready. and this is not since yesterday. also the call that interpol should help is not new.

The question is how likely is it that 4a/4b will really happen?

to get a clue the study if older from threads maybe can help.

Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin topic started 2009-04-14, discussion over 49 Pages

Thailand Revokes Thaksin's Passport, Arrest Warrant Issued For Thaksin Over Bangkok Riots 2009-04-15, 26 pages

Govt Using All Means To Corner Thaksin, Two passports confirmed, third might be Cambodian travel document topic started on 2009-04-28,

Interpol Asked To Help Find Thaksin 2009-05-22

UAE says Thaksin no longer welcome there 2009-04-28

Understand?

and here are some thread that discuss Thaksins recent travel itineraries

Thaksin - from Russia with love2010-03-31

Sweden Says It Did Not Ask Thaksin To Leave 2010-04-02

Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Now In Montenegro, Arrived by private jet 2010-03-17, 18 pages don't cover only Montenegro

And that is the news from yesterday:

Interpol says no call received to arrest Thaksin

The government propaganda just tries to make their Terrorism charges and any other charges against Thaksin to look more serious and tries to create an image of Thaksin as the the dangerous international criminal who is hunted by the law enforcment agencies world wide. but this is not true.

your point 4a/4b did not happen outside Thailand and it is very likely that it will not happen in the future. not in Thaksins case. is that so difficult to see?

get real.

Djukanovic said Thaksin had been an elected Thai premier whose government was brought down by a military coup.

Correct me if I am wrong

You're wrong. The ability among some to white-wash what happened is stunning, but the rest of the world really isn't in doubt what to call it when tanks roll down the streets, the constitution is shredded and a military junta takes over. :)

Wake up.

At the time of the Coup there was no legal government in power

Thaskin was caretaker PM and

:D

Did you bother to actually read what he wrote?

(don't bother, it was a rhetorical question - it's obvious you have no idea what he said, which makes you look like a fool)

""This government does everything in accordance with the law. Only the other side has been instigating violations of the law in this country," he said."

This said by Abhisit is embarrassing, really! Hello? Seh Daeng, sniper, shot in the head, ring any bell?

Reconciliation? Fairness? Go for immediate election making sure both Parties accept the outcome and work legally as serious opposition as it happens in any modern Democracy.

If they keep delaying and holding on to their chair, issues like Thaksin, the Reds, PAD, will never end.

Seh Daeng, shot in the head....2-3 hours after a very revealing live TV interview spilling the beans on the Red Shirt leaders and absolutely confirming his role as leader of the militants directly with a single boss. Stated nothing would be over until the boss could return.

Methinks about as long as it takes to make a phone call and get a sniper in position.

Why would the government want to pop someone who had just become a great ally because of his flapping mouth?

You make your point but.....

The government was ready to move against the Reds' Ratchaprasong base camp by first clearing obstacles to it at various intersections. Seh Daeng was military leader of the Reds. Shortly before the the army began to move in he got popped for keeps. Red militants lost their leader. Seh Daeng got popped in a Red camp (Lumpini Park, even if at the perephery). If a Red or someone in the camp popped him from close in, how'd the still unknown assassin suddenly and so easily disappear like a whisp of smoke without a dozen Red security people - or anyone -pouncing on the guy? Close in assassins with a handgun don't get to escape, especially while in the camp of the general in command they pop.

Seh Daeng was in charge when on April 10 three colonels on the October promotion list were hit, one died. The government and the army learned then the old rules of sparing brother officers no longer applied. Seh Daeng dug his own grave.   

""This government does everything in accordance with the law. Only the other side has been instigating violations of the law in this country," he said."

This said by Abhisit is embarrassing, really! Hello? Seh Daeng, sniper, shot in the head, ring any bell?

Reconciliation? Fairness? Go for immediate election making sure both Parties accept the outcome and work legally as serious opposition as it happens in any modern Democracy.

If they keep delaying and holding on to their chair, issues like Thaksin, the Reds, PAD, will never end.

If you know who shot Sah Daeng, why don't you share it with us (and international media, while you're at it)?

"This government does everything in accordance with the law. Only the other side has been instigating violations of the law in this country," he said.

I would like to ask is there one blogger that would agree with Mr A's quote. Ad Hoc!

If you know who shot Sah Daeng, why don't you share it with us (and international media, while you're at it)?

I am sure I have seen an article and footage of a Thai army sniper shooting Seh, and a report in either nation or BP that the press ran to the building where the shot came from. The press were told there is nothing to see here as a team of army personnell with rifles got into a black van and drove off.

I am sure I have seen an article and footage of a Thai army sniper shooting Seh, and a report in either nation or BP that the press ran to the building where the shot came from. The press were told there is nothing to see here as a team of army personnell with rifles got into a black van and drove off.

Well, don't make us search for that article and that footage. Since you've seen all of that, why don't you share it with us?

These articles, AND footage, were in your own imagination or the real world ?

LOL ... Democrat is putting forward sheer fantasy! The immediate reports from the scene said the shot came from the top of one of the buildings IN Lumpini. Later claims were a shot fired from the Dusit. The coroner hasn't given out much info yet.

This is typical redshirt disinformation. He won't be posting any confirming links :)

Lets see the link then !!!!!

and they all drove off in a black van did they,look a bit like the A Team as well eh !

Grow up

Mr Abhisit do you have an english passport. I hold a passport from the country I was born and brought up in, not the country of my parents. I would stand by the people I grew up with and the whole country! And my hat goes off to someone, to go to another country, and give allegiance to that country in the way of becoming a politician, to try and help that countries people (I am sure their are many people who do not have Thai parents that would like this opportunity and do a great job of it). But with your background Mr A. would not Accountability be right at the top.

I know there has been a lot going on in Thailand under many governments and juntas. Accountability where in your roadmap is this? You in your tenure have left, as previous pm's have, more questions unanswered than answered! Accountability would answer many questions. Not made up answers or misleading bits of information, or one story one day and another story another day.

LOL ... Democrat is putting forward sheer fantasy! The immediate reports from the scene said the shot came from the top of one of the buildings IN Lumpini. Later claims were a shot fired from the Dusit. The coroner hasn't given out much info yet.

This is typical redshirt disinformation. He won't be posting any confirming links :)

Maybe ya better put your glasses on and look it up in the Bangkok post and CNN the day of the shooting. Do your own research just like I do. I told you I had seen some information. Some Red shirts do not like to do anything for themselves at all.

Here is a clue.

Type in your computer in your internet browser. "www.google.com

In the search field type "army sniper kills seh daeng" or "sniper kills seh daeng"

From there you will get many options select one, and proceed to read the information or view the pictures.

From what you read and view form your own opinion if you wish to share it with us feel welcome.

Please reserve your unnecessary and unwanted abuse for the punching bag. Most people are good until you provoke them, when you provoke them anything can happen. e.g. Portsmouth making it to the FA cup final.

Thank you in Advance for being a good citizen, sharing your opinion with us, be it right or wrong and keeping the abuse out of this forum.

Mr Abhisit do you have an english passport. I hold a passport from the country I was born and brought up in, not the country of my parents. I would stand by the people I grew up with and the whole country! And my hat goes off to someone, to go to another country, and give allegiance to that country in the way of becoming a politician, to try and help that countries people (I am sure their are many people who do not have Thai parents that would like this opportunity and do a great job of it). But with your background Mr A. would not Accountability be right at the top.

I know there has been a lot going on in Thailand under many governments and juntas. Accountability where in your roadmap is this? You in your tenure have left, as previous pm's have, more questions unanswered than answered! Accountability would answer many questions. Not made up answers or misleading bits of information, or one story one day and another story another day.

So what is it with you anyway

Are you Thai ,Indian or a westerner today

Just looked at a few of your posts ,so what is it

Here are some of your quotes

" I am sure its the farangs. but my wife keeps telling me she is not the only good farang in the world. I tell her Go Hoc!

hmmm,ok and another

"And one of these were a win for you farangs"

Sounds a bit like either your confused,or you are forgeting your porkies which wouldnt be a suprise when you look at your statement on the previous election results

"They got 36% of the vote + 40% for murdering PTT party members, suppression and junta control of the media and polling stations - 3% for vote buying + 3% for vote buying on the other side. Still 76% for the reds is a clear majority"

Its not even all that so much but your baseless allegations ,generally as a rule information obtained from your Thai mate

This is just the two you have used today

"My Thai friend has dropped a couple of bombshells on me today, he is suggesting that there are several clans against each other. He says it may have been Thaksin but there is another 2 groups that would be happy to demolish anything owned by the central group. Big C was done later than CW and may have been paybacks"

"Mr Newin is losing a lot of support in his electorate at the moment. My friend from his electorate said they (BP/Govt)have asked from his village 100k about 100 people. the village up the road about 300 people they have asked for the same 100k. A lot of people are starting to get peeved"

Handy that wasnt it that your Thai mate,lives up north and in the district no less of Newin

I am sure if i were to go through your posts for any longer than three minutes,i would find out he probably he also lives in Bkk or wherever suits your story at the time eh !

Anyway,best to leave it with your recent statement when accused and proven of false quoting

"Sorry about that! the cat started chasing the mouse and I couldn't control it"

You say it so much better than i ever could !!!!!

Here is a clue.

Type in your computer in your internet browser. "www.google.com

In the search field type "army sniper kills seh daeng" or "sniper kills seh daeng"

From there you will get many options select one, and proceed to read the information or view the pictures.

From what you read and view form your own opinion if you wish to share it with us feel welcome.

Thanks.

In the absence of the requested link to reportage/footage, I googled as suggested. I found these:-

Sean Boonpracong, international spokesman for the red-shirt movement, told the BBC he believed an army sniper had shot the general.

"We [the UDD] believe a sniper deployed by the CRES was behind the attack on Seh Daeng," UDD core member Kwanchai Praipana said on the main stage at the protest venue at Ratchaprasong commercial district on Friday morning.

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN) -- Thailand's army had nothing to do with the shooting of an opposition leader in downtown Bangkok, a military spokesman said Friday.

That is conclusive then, the reds say the army did it and the army said they did not.

..and you formulate your opinions based on this stuff ?

INTERPOL is an international police unit. They don't render verdicts, they arrest people with outstanding warrants and let courts come up with verdicts. It is quite common for a national of one country to commit a crime in another country. The passport they hold doesn't prevent them from being tried in the country they committed the crime against. Thaksin could be a native born Montenegrin and he could still be tried in Thailand for terrorism. Osama Bin Laden is Saudi, but the USA would love to put him on trial. The only difficulty comes if Montenegro says "we love terrorism and we will protect Thaksin and refuse to extradite him because he is so rich and awesome". That sort of attitude can come back to bite Montenegro when they require international cooperation.

Thaksin travels. He isn't only in Montenegro. So the authorities of other countries where he travels to could still extradite him.

read the old news from last year:

Thailand Revokes Thaksin's Passport, Arrest Warrant Issued For Thaksin Over Bangkok Riots

did anything happen since then?

C'mon Mazeltov, give me a clue as to how I should regard you. What do you think of young Devakula?

I don't really think that he is PM material. But a person like him could be a wing man. get some job in the cabinet, can become a minister with some profile and charisma in a couple of years. but his charisma isn't actually that of a politician politican style.

I really liked his famous opinion piece " Rosana Tositrakul, are you kidding me?" (you can google it)

i think it was you who wrote that he dislike the way Nattakorn speaks.

i like the way Visaradee Techateerawat (วิสาระดี เตชะธีราวัฒน์) speaks.

here in an interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLd_lcpyLY

and here in the parliament

the Nation run an article about her with the headline: A star is born?

of course, she is not somebody who could become the PM in Thailand, but i wish her a future in politics. (and i hope she not turn into something like Rosana Tositrakul)

81238025360.jpg

From Interpols Charter....

Part 3.

It is strictly forbidden for the Organization to undertake any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character. :)

Thailands contacts at the M of I would have to make a case and until the country has a legit elected gov........

....Je ne sais pas......rien...oui :D

the people here speaking about an extradition of Thaksin forgot an important step in the extradition process:

the country asked to extradite has first to verify that the charges are backed with evidence that is substantial enough to justify a trial.

no proof = no extradition.

then there are national constitutions sometimes preventing any extradition of its citizens.

we learned that Montenegro seems to have such regulations. France too has similar, as well as the USA and many other countries.

but this doesn't mean that Thaksin cannot be prosecuted in Montenegro for terrorism acts committed in Thailand.

I guess if Thailand provides enough evidence, Thanksin will be warned, he will flee and some hours later, Montenegro will revoke his Citizenship.

Then Interpol will also accept the warrant.

The problem is providing the evidence.

I don't think there is much "legal evidence" that can be used in court, but may be a lot of illegally gathered evidence such as phone conversations of Thaksin recorded by signal intelligence services.

But this case isn't the normal criminal court case where lawyers refute illegal evidence.

If enough evidence can be provided, I think legality of such evidence will not matter much.

An international consensus will be reached on Thaksin's status and he will be forced to either:

- admit his guilt

or

- be convicted based on fabricated evidence nobody will be able to refute

We'll see in the next weeks.

What I am waiting for is the Thai government to provide some proof of Taksin financially supporting the red shirt campaign. I believe they have this proof already; they are just holding the information until the right time. Holding their cards to their chest, so to speak. It is presumed he financially backed the whole thing; well we assume this, which now has now asserted itself as a truth. I think he did bank roll the whole thing; I would just like to see the financial trail (and there must be one).

Maybe the government are playing Taksin at his own game? Force him to give up his citizenship of Thailand and then problem solved; he came never come back without the right visa, and who is going to grant that for him?

What I am waiting for is the Thai government to provide some proof of Taksin financially supporting the red shirt campaign. I believe they have this proof already; they are just holding the information until the right time. Holding their cards to their chest, so to speak. It is presumed he financially backed the whole thing; well we assume this, which now has now asserted itself as a truth. I think he did bank roll the whole thing; I would just like to see the financial trail (and there must be one).

Maybe the government are playing Taksin at his own game? Force him to give up his citizenship of Thailand and then problem solved; he came never come back without the right visa, and who is going to grant that for him?

I also sense that the evidence is there and I am also surprised that it has not been released. It would strengthen the case for extradition and would alienate him from the International community. It would also re-define the recent protests not as a fight for democracy, but a fight for Thaksin :)

Renouncing Thai citizenship would just alienate him from those on whom he feeds. Not a move that I think he would be prepared to make.

Edited by Chaimai

In some countries it is common for the prosecution in a criminal case to try to preserve the integrity of the proceedings. That means that they don't run to the newspaper and outline their entire case and publicize all their evidence. They present it at the appropriate time in court. The fact that an arrest warrant has be issued shows the the judge issuing the warrant has seen enough evidence to at least charge Thaksin. I'm not sure why posters on Thaivisa feel that they have the right for the government to approach them individually and explain all the evidence to them personally. If Thaksin is extradited from any foreign country of course the justice department or department of foreign affairs will have to outline its evidence these are normal procedures in all extraditions.

What a fool abisit is.

An unelected , hand-picked military junta puppet, with blood on his hands making such demands before a world democratic audience.

incredulous.

Keep it up abi,

Your challenge is to put yourself before the thai people, but not so keen on that eh.

Gutless

None of the Thai PMs, with the exception of ones appointed by coup makers, even Thaksin, has ever been elected by the Thais. They are all elected by the Parliament just like in the U.K. and Canada.

You can ask either Gordon Brown or David Cameron. Your Thai wife should be re-educated about her country's political system.

of course, she is not somebody who could become the PM in Thailand, but i wish her a future in politics.

81238025360.jpg

Truly the dire look of the future for Thailand if it goes PTP.

When a court of justice libelous, Red Shirt Rally Host, whose only reason she's even in Parliament is because she is the nominee proxy stand-in daughter of a banned for electoral fraud TRT Party Boss MP, who along with the notorious and banned PPP mafia boss Mr. Refrigerator, control the Chiang Rai area:

Some additional information on the hope for The Red Pheu Thai Party:

Constitution Court files libel complaint against Pheu Thai MP

The Constitution Court Wednesday filed a complaint with police alleging Pheu Thai Party MP Visaradee Techathirawat of defaming the court.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...u+Thai+Party+MP

A Member of Parliament who doesn't know that you can not libel the courts... especially on the floor of the House? :)

It's no wonder she's been criticized for not being able to speak without reading word for word written statements that have been put in front of her to read aloud inside Parliament.

I enjoyed the poster's link where she says:

"My father is my inspiration. I remember when I was young he took me along with him when he visited his constituents. I told myself that one day I would be like him."

or in other words, I want to be the next political mafia boss for our neck of the woods in Thailand, but in the meantime, as an MP, I'll vote and say whatever my good Daddy wants me to.

Even her libel arrest was specifically for criticizing the case involving her Pop's political party dissolution.

More information on her:

Pheu Thai MPs, former Thai Rak Thai executive join rally

Some Pheu Thai Party MPs and former executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai party joined the red-shirted rally in front of the Government House at noon Wednesday.

They joined the rally after former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra called on the 110 other banned Thai Rak Thai executives to come out to join the "fight for democracy".

Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Tejathirawat acted a host on the main stage while some former Thai Rak Thai executives and some Pheu Thai MPs joined a talk show on the stage.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...tive+join+rally

Puea Thai MP Visaradee reports to police

22 June 2009: Puea Thai MP for Chiang Rai Visaradee Techateerawat reported herself to police as summoned to acknowledge the charge for insulting the Constitutional Court.

Accompanied by her father Visarn Techateerawat, the former MP of the now defunct Thai Rak Thai party and her lawyer, Visaradee, travelled to Ratchawang Police Station amid moral support from a group of the United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) supporters.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255206220091

and her Red Boss Papa just a short 2 months prior was also reporting to police.... or not:

9 More Red-Shirt Leaders in Chiang Rai to Surrender Tomorrow

20 April 2009: Nine red-shirt leaders in Chiang Rai province are expected to turn themselves in to the police tomorrow, while their followers are expected to demonstrate at the police station.

Chiang Rai's Provincial Court has issued arrest warrants for 10 red-shirt leaders in the province. So far, only one, Kanit Boonyanasinikasem, a former leader of a Chiang Rai pro-democracy group, had reported to police.

The nine others include former Thai Rak Thai leader and former Chiang Rai MP Visarn Techateerawat.

Visarn is the father of current Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Techateerawat.

Police have been searching for the nine suspects, but have been unable to locate them.

- Thailand Outlook Channel

He actually DID turn himself in the following day with several other Red Shirt leaders.

This time, instead of Visarn accompanying his daughter to the police station, Visaradee accompanied her father to the police station.

Visaradee then used her position as an MP to post bail for her father.

Meanwhile, Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanich disclosed that the government is looking to sue Thaksin and red-shirt leaders for compensation for economic damages that occurred during the most recent red-shirt protest, which amounts to an estimated 3 billion US dollars, or 98 billion baht.

The more I learn about FM Korn, the more I like the guy. If the Thai people asked me to appoint the next PM, I'd pick him, with Ms Porntip as his deputy. May I add to above press release: Not just Thaksin and the Red Shirt leaders should be held accountable and sued, but also any members of T's family who contributed to the recent Red rallies - though it could be argued that they too are Red Shirt leaders.

There are far too many people speculating on here without facts to back up their views.

The only true fact is that all of this trouble stems from one thing and one thing only and that is that one person is to blame for the current state of things in Thailand......Sonthi.

If he hadn't of gotten stupid and overthrew an elected and therefore legal and world recognized PM/ government then this would not of happened. (shortened for brevity)

So, you're stuck on a problem with Sonthi, and the next person can say the things that prompted Sonthi and the Yellows to mobilize (about Thaksin's profound corruption) were the root of the problem, ....and then others can go back months/years before that, and point at other 'root causes' ad infinitum.

Edited by brahmburgers

of course, she is not somebody who could become the PM in Thailand, but i wish her a future in politics.

81238025360.jpg

Truly the dire look of the future for Thailand if it goes PTP.

When a court of justice libelous, Red Shirt Rally Host, whose only reason she's even in Parliament is because she is the nominee proxy stand-in daughter of a banned for electoral fraud TRT Party Boss MP, who along with the notorious and banned PPP mafia boss Mr. Refrigerator, control the Chiang Rai area:

Some additional information on the hope for The Red Pheu Thai Party:

Constitution Court files libel complaint against Pheu Thai MP

The Constitution Court Wednesday filed a complaint with police alleging Pheu Thai Party MP Visaradee Techathirawat of defaming the court.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...u+Thai+Party+MP

A Member of Parliament who doesn't know that you can not libel the courts... especially on the floor of the House? :)

It's no wonder she's been criticized for not being able to speak without reading word for word written statements that have been put in front of her to read aloud inside Parliament.

I enjoyed the poster's link where she says:

"My father is my inspiration. I remember when I was young he took me along with him when he visited his constituents. I told myself that one day I would be like him."

or in other words, I want to be the next political mafia boss for our neck of the woods in Thailand, but in the meantime, as an MP, I'll vote and say whatever my good Daddy wants me to.

Even her libel arrest was specifically for criticizing the case involving her Pop's political party dissolution.

More information on her:

Pheu Thai MPs, former Thai Rak Thai executive join rally

Some Pheu Thai Party MPs and former executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai party joined the red-shirted rally in front of the Government House at noon Wednesday.

They joined the rally after former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra called on the 110 other banned Thai Rak Thai executives to come out to join the "fight for democracy".

Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Tejathirawat acted a host on the main stage while some former Thai Rak Thai executives and some Pheu Thai MPs joined a talk show on the stage.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...tive+join+rally

Puea Thai MP Visaradee reports to police

22 June 2009: Puea Thai MP for Chiang Rai Visaradee Techateerawat reported herself to police as summoned to acknowledge the charge for insulting the Constitutional Court.

Accompanied by her father Visarn Techateerawat, the former MP of the now defunct Thai Rak Thai party and her lawyer, Visaradee, travelled to Ratchawang Police Station amid moral support from a group of the United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) supporters.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255206220091

and her Red Boss Papa just a short 2 months prior was also reporting to police.... or not:

9 More Red-Shirt Leaders in Chiang Rai to Surrender Tomorrow

20 April 2009: Nine red-shirt leaders in Chiang Rai province are expected to turn themselves in to the police tomorrow, while their followers are expected to demonstrate at the police station.

Chiang Rai's Provincial Court has issued arrest warrants for 10 red-shirt leaders in the province. So far, only one, Kanit Boonyanasinikasem, a former leader of a Chiang Rai pro-democracy group, had reported to police.

The nine others include former Thai Rak Thai leader and former Chiang Rai MP Visarn Techateerawat.

Visarn is the father of current Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Techateerawat.

Police have been searching for the nine suspects, but have been unable to locate them.

- Thailand Outlook Channel

He actually DID turn himself in the following day with several other Red Shirt leaders.

This time, instead of Visarn accompanying his daughter to the police station, Visaradee accompanied her father to the police station.

Visaradee then used her position as an MP to post bail for her father.

I didn't know Chiang Rai was so much on the Thai political map. I had heard there were Red supporters up here, but now the picture is a bit clearer. There appears to be some entrenched families who rode on Thaksin's coattails (and try to continue the ride) who, like Somchai, put their daughters in proxy political positions when they got banned. However, by indications on the ground, there is scant little support for the Red movement. First hand observations (by me traveling all over town, every day of the Red rallies) show that there are very few who bother to show their allegiance (red shirts, headbands/armbands/flags on trucks, etc). Maybe they're hiding?

There was a stage set up downtown with about 200 plastic chairs, for the entire duration of the Red rallies, and only once did I see more than 3 people sitting there. ...and I drove by that spot dozens of times, at all hours, but the only people hanging out there were a few sound technicians, some food sellers, and a few bored looking taxi drivers - all on the periphery. Chiang Rai might be many colors, but it's not Red, at least not politically.

What a fool abisit is.

An unelected , hand-picked military junta puppet, with blood on his hands making such demands before a world democratic audience.

incredulous.

Keep it up abi,

Your challenge is to put yourself before the thai people, but not so keen on that eh.

Gutless

With 81 posts - how you escaped my ignore list so far is a mystery. Fear not! You are there now! Have fun!

If Abhisit would just return to his country of birth and stay there, Thailand could go forward with its long, long reconciliation phase.

Who would you have replace him? He is about the best we can hope for.

correction.

He is about the best YOU can hope for.

next time speak for yourself ! 

Edited by cyberia