Cases Of 2,500 Drug-War Killings In Thaksin´s Government Can Be Renewed: DSI

webfact

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course it wasn't Thaksin's fault this happened. Since when do any Reds take responsibility for their actions? Since when do Red supporters see any wrong done by their beloved leaders. Their shit don't stink.

2500 deaths is no small matter. Only a Red would dismiss it as an attempt at extraditing Thaksin. For the family of the victims, somebody has to pay. Thaksin ordered this 'war'. He was proud of it. He boasted about it.

Thaksin was the prime mover for this disgraceful episode.You might however wish to consider why this most obvious of all his crimes has not to date been pursued.You might even wish to consider who might be compromised in the event of a full enquiry.The only way I suspect this will be seriously followed up would be in a Stalinist show trial manner, with no mention of who else was involved at a high level and,critically, who provided overt support.The fact that the drugs war had wide popular approval is another complicating factor.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an PR standpoint, it's also great for the government. Quite a few people(mostly idiot Reds and liberal foreigners) either don't know or have conveniently forgotten the murders committed by Thaksin when he was in power. They always like to talk about the coup that overthrew him but seldom about his misdeeds. I think the 3000 or so deaths(including the killing of the Southern Thais) will remind people what a truly evil person this man is.

What I remember about the war on drugs was that everybody thought it would be a great idea to make Thailand a drug free society to celebrate the King's birthday. I doubt very much that Thaksin was personnaly involved in the Police Operations to obtain this goal and it is just another sign of Abhisit's panic as he realises that he is on the way out and tries desperately to find anything, anything at all, to use as ammunition to keep him in power.

The way he is carrying on now is going to make him a laughing stock around the world if this is a another desperate attempt to involve Interpol in his vain attempts at extraditing Thaksin. Or perhaps he's going to bring criminal charges against individual police officers. Unfortunately that would require evidence which is something usually lacking in Abhisit and Suthep's wild accusations.

You will also remember (if you were in fact here at the time) that there were drug gang wars going on and so how many drug dealers were killed in shoot outs with the Police and how many were killed in shoot outs with other drug dealers would be hard to establish as many of those murders were not classed as being drug related as there was no evidence to confirm that they were in fact drug related. Perhaps the experts on this site can compile lists to present to the Police - I'm sure that they would be grateful.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course it wasn't Thaksin's fault this happened. Since when do any Reds take responsibility for their actions? Since when do Red supporters see any wrong done by their beloved leaders. Their shit don't stink.

2500 deaths is no small matter. Only a Red would dismiss it as an attempt at extraditing Thaksin. For the family of the victims, somebody has to pay. Thaksin ordered this 'war'. He was proud of it. He boasted about it.

It wasn't a war. What victims are you talking about - do you have names, dates, numbers?

Why haven't you leapt in to discuss the thousands of Rhohingya who were in fact murdered = for the heinous crime of being illegal immigrants.

I think what you need are some rationality pills.

No it wasn't a war. It was CALLED a war. Are you denying that 2500 people were killed? Are you saying the numbers which various human rights organisations gave were made up? You Reds are so typical, you always try to ignore the facts right in front of your face if it's something bad about your beloved leader.

As for Rhohingya, if Abhisit is guilty then one day, he will be held accountable. But right now, Thaksin's in the hot sit.

From an PR standpoint, it's also great for the government. Quite a few people(mostly idiot Reds and liberal foreigners) either don't know or have conveniently forgotten the murders committed by Thaksin when he was in power. They always like to talk about the coup that overthrew him but seldom about his misdeeds. I think the 3000 or so deaths(including the killing of the Southern Thais) will remind people what a truly evil person this man is.

What I remember about the war on drugs was that everybody thought it would be a great idea to make Thailand a drug free society to celebrate the King's birthday. I doubt very much that Thaksin was personnaly involved in the Police Operations to obtain this goal and it is just another sign of Abhisit's panic as he realises that he is on the way out and tries desperately to find anything, anything at all, to use as ammunition to keep him in power.

The way he is carrying on now is going to make him a laughing stock around the world if this is a another desperate attempt to involve Interpol in his vain attempts at extraditing Thaksin. Or perhaps he's going to bring criminal charges against individual police officers. Unfortunately that would require evidence which is something usually lacking in Abhisit and Suthep's wild accusations.

You will also remember (if you were in fact here at the time) that there were drug gang wars going on and so how many drug dealers were killed in shoot outs with the Police and how many were killed in shoot outs with other drug dealers would be hard to establish as many of those murders were not classed as being drug related as there was no evidence to confirm that they were in fact drug related. Perhaps the experts on this site can compile lists to present to the Police - I'm sure that they would be grateful.

It wasn't a war. What victims are you talking about - do you have names, dates, numbers? I am not disputing that Thailand committed gross human rights violations against the Rohingya. I am merely calling for you to hold yourself to the same standards of evidence you would hold others to.

Why haven't you leapt in to discuss the thousands of Rhohingya who were in fact murdered = for the heinous crime of being illegal immigrants.

What Rohingya murdered? Do you have names, dates, numbers? Come on termad. Up your game please. I'm not disputing the fact the Thailand committed gross violations of human rights against the Rohingya, but am merely suggesting you hold yourself to the same standards of evidence that you would hold others to.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

last year I read about containers found underwater off the coast with bodies in them; then it disappeared off the news. Any new info on that ?

The death squad killings is about the only true fact known and frowned upon in France about Thaksin; apart from this here he's a "democratically elected premier ousted by a military coup".

At the time of the drugz killingz let's not forget Thaïland was flooded with yaba from Burma ; there had been the astounding story of the drugz factory-town erected over the border (with power generators transiting by trucks through Thaïland). Something had to be done quickly and not the usual way , which had been powerless.

Just for comparison we now often have drugz busts here in the million euro a year spectrum,complete with assault rifles caches in laundered money mansions . This is a real threat to any democracy and I wouldn't be shocked if Thaksin's death squad methods were applied here , since the judiciary system works soooo slow and sooooo soft and sooooo Mickey Mouse (caveat for divorced fathers of course).

I know there have been cases of relatives killed with the traffickers but I don't know about the specific cases stated in the article ; nonetheless, I feel ya ba and ya saï tit ( : heroïn) pedlars belong in better -to- be- forgotten graves.

The containers were suspected of being coffins for Rhohingya

Really? The Rohingya fiasco was in the Andaman sea. Whereas the containers were found off Sattahip in the Gulf of Thailand. Please stop presenting misinformation termad.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

last year I read about containers found underwater off the coast with bodies in them; then it disappeared off the news. Any new info on that ?

The death squad killings is about the only true fact known and frowned upon in France about Thaksin; apart from this here he's a "democratically elected premier ousted by a military coup".

At the time of the drugz killingz let's not forget Thaïland was flooded with yaba from Burma ; there had been the astounding story of the drugz factory-town erected over the border (with power generators transiting by trucks through Thaïland). Something had to be done quickly and not the usual way , which had been powerless.

Just for comparison we now often have drugz busts here in the million euro a year spectrum,complete with assault rifles caches in laundered money mansions . This is a real threat to any democracy and I wouldn't be shocked if Thaksin's death squad methods were applied here , since the judiciary system works soooo slow and sooooo soft and sooooo Mickey Mouse (caveat for divorced fathers of course).

I know there have been cases of relatives killed with the traffickers but I don't know about the specific cases stated in the article ; nonetheless, I feel ya ba and ya saï tit ( : heroïn) pedlars belong in better -to- be- forgotten graves.

Really? That was in the Andaman sea. Whereas the containers were found off Sattahip in the Gulf of Thailand. Please stop presenting misinformation Termad.

You're kidding right? Presenting misinformation is what being a Red Shirt is all about!

Thank you Termad . Ihad missed on this; off my hat I'd say the container story was before the left-to- drift Rhohingya story? a former case of Rho hingya then? I have difficulties believing the atrocious immigrant stories are true ; I have some trust in the army and the Navy especially; I'll follow this .

Now a bed side story my ex wife told me when she started to understand the way multiple criminals get suspended sentences over and over in France : " In T.if they don't get sensible the police take them to the jungle and shoot them" . And I have no problem with that .

Maybe they should also renew the investigations into the hundreds of Rohingya boat people being pulled into open ocean on their barges with no food, water or gasoline. Oh wait, that didn't happen under Thaksin.

Maybe they should also renew the investigations into the hundreds of Rohingya boat people being pulled into open ocean on their barges with no food, water or gasoline. Oh wait, that didn't happen under Thaksin.

3000 Thai deaths still trump over 'hundreds' of Rohingya boat people whose bodies(if they did actually die) haven't even been found yet.

3000 Thai deaths still trump over 'hundreds' of Rohingya boat people whose bodies(if they did actually die) haven't even been found yet.

So this is like a game? The one that kills more people goes to court and the other one doesn't?

I'm not saying that they shouldn't prosecute Thaksin.

I'm saying that they should prosecute BOTH sides, not just one.

I must admin I am surprised by all the negative reaction to these killings. Most people seem just fine with the concept of the war on drugs. Thailand kills people all the time over drugs. The catch a mule at the airport, they kill them.

And even if they don't kill them, think of all the people every nation on earth throws in jail all the time for drug offenses. In many places being in jail is about as bad being dead.

So is it the number 2500? Is it the process of how they were executed? Is it Thaksin?

I am against the war on drugs. I think what governments do the their citizens every year over the concept of illegal drugs is shameful. But I know from other topics in TV most posters do not oppose the war on drugs. Many do not oppose the death sentence.

I can see the argument that many of the 2500 did not receive due process, that is a valid argument. But the war on drugs is a violent war (against a passive activity) that governments all over the world bring to bear on the governed regularly. The war on drugs is the pretext for authoritative powers used all the time by ambitious leaders. The single action that would stop the most deaths from drugs is legalization. Drug abuse is a medical and physiological issue, not one of law enforcement.

I guarantee you some posters who support grilling Thaksin over this do not have a problem with dead drug dealers. They will get all up in arms about this, but then act complacent to all the other injustices as a result from the war on drugs.

Because there is enough evidence to suggest that many of those killed in this extra-judicial programme were not drug dealers - some were drug users hauled out of drop-in centres in order to fulfill quotas, some were local political opponents (of Thaksin's) and so on. Now even if they were drug dealers, everyone has a right to a fair trial, do they not?

I must admin I am surprised by all the negative reaction to these killings. Most people seem just fine with the concept of the war on drugs. Thailand kills people all the time over drugs. The catch a mule at the airport, they kill them.

And even if they don't kill them, think of all the people every nation on earth throws in jail all the time for drug offenses. In many places being in jail is about as bad being dead.

So is it the number 2500? Is it the process of how they were executed? Is it Thaksin?

I am against the war on drugs. I think what governments do the their citizens every year over the concept of illegal drugs is shameful. But I know from other topics in TV most posters do not oppose the war on drugs. Many do not oppose the death sentence.

I can see the argument that many of the 2500 did not receive due process, that is a valid argument. But the war on drugs is a violent war (against a passive activity) that governments all over the world bring to bear on the governed regularly. The war on drugs is the pretext for authoritative powers used all the time by ambitious leaders. The single action that would stop the most deaths from drugs is legalization. Drug abuse is a medical and physiological issue, not one of law enforcement.

I guarantee you some posters who support grilling Thaksin over this do not have a problem with dead drug dealers. They will get all up in arms about this, but then act complacent to all the other injustices as a result from the war on drugs.

Because there is enough evidence to suggest that many of those killed in this extra-judicial programme were not drug dealers - some were drug users hauled out of drop-in centres in order to fulfill quotas, some were local political opponents (of Thaksin's) and so on. Now even if they were drug dealers, everyone has a right to a fair trial, do they not?

Apparently, everyone does not have the right to a fair trial as many unarmed protesters, journalists and rescue workers were shot on sight by Abhisit's mongrels, many thru the head.

So this is like a game? The one that kills more people goes to court and the other one doesn't?

One thing at a time. It would be nice if all injustices could be corrected but at the moment, one is better then none.

Apparently, everyone does not have the right to a fair trial as many unarmed protesters, journalists and rescue workers were shot on sight by Abhisit's mongrels, many thru the head.

Yes let's cry more about the DOZENS killed by Abhisit while IGNORING the THOUSAND murdered by Thaksin!

Kwai daengs aren't really good at maths are they?

One thing at a time. It would be nice if all injustices could be corrected but at the moment, one is better then none.

I doubt we will ever see that day. They would have to prosecute themselves.

Abhisit's mongrels ? Dear me, I though the MiB behind the reds were to blame. Mind you, in this thread and others I've read so many 'truths', 'rumours', 'insinuations', 'suggestions' (maybe also some lies?) that contradict each other. Interesting opinions, obvious items which needed pointing out as is normal with the obvious. Maybe we should make a list of all, and slowly investigate and cross out. Probably till nothing is left :)

I hope this one comes back to haunt him, as it very well should. Think of Thaksin anything you want, the death squads are all I need to know to know that the man is up to no good. The death squads were a fact, and not even denied by T.

Not sure how well this would be received in Thailand - I guess 50/50 along the lines of the red/yellow divide.

Internationally, it would be huge, and the govt must know this. That's a case where Thaksin could actually get on an interpol most wanted list, and where he could end up in front of the International Court of Justice in Den Hague, charged with crimes against humanity. Hunted down and put on public display. This would kill all international support for Thaksin, and probably also put an end to the international media's spin of the "poor, good redshirts", seeing as it is that the leader of these good, democracy-loving peoples engaged in mass murder.

Get those skeletons out of the closet.

This could be the Government's "Ace in the hole", assuming there are no sudden assassinations of those in the know.

:)

Everybody? Does that include the UN?

Did the UN get involved? And if they did, what was Mr Thaksin's reaction? What did he say?

Oh -- and btw -- what is Mr Thaksin's lawyer up to right now? I heard he was trying to get an international agency to mediate in the current situation. Anyone know what international agency he was referring to?

One final question: what does the word "hypocrisy" mean?

...WITCH HUNT in a merry go round.....when would it stops....probably Ahbisit would charge Thaksin for farting in parliament.... :)

So these murders never occurred or Thaksin did not actually have a "war" on drugs that resulted in 2500 deaths? Which is it that makes this a witch hunt? Because even Thaksin himself does not deny these deaths occurred or that he had death squads killing "drug dealers".

The real question here is ...why did it take Abhisit 1 1/2 years into his term to bring the drug killing charges back against Abhisit? Why were they dropped in the first place?

I think the first question that needs be asked is why the charges never got anywhere when Thaksin was in power and then again between 2006 and 2008?. They certainly came to the attention of the international community.

...WITCH HUNT in a merry go round.....when would it stops....probably Ahbisit would charge Thaksin for farting in parliament.... :)

a rather disturbing lack of seriousness coupled with a tremendous lack of empathy and topped with a generous portion of acute callousness, given that there are

2,500 dead
Edited by leeno

It wasn't a war. What victims are you talking about - do you have names, dates, numbers?

No it wasn't a war. It was CALLED a war. Are you denying that 2500 people were killed? Are you saying the numbers which various human rights organisations gave were made up? You Reds are so typical, you always try to ignore the facts right in front of your face if it's something bad about your beloved leader.

As for Rhohingya, if Abhisit is guilty then one day, he will be held accountable. But right now, Thaksin's in the hot sit.

Why do you assume Red?.....some criticism of the present incumbents?.

Maybe Interpol would arrest him and deport him back to Thailand on those charges. Since

terrorism and corruption do not warrant him being extradited.

Maybe not. The fact that the death penalty can be imposed on terrorist charges in Thailand, will effect any other charge which might result in successful apprehension and deportation back to Thailand. At least that's how I would interpret things.

Really? The Rohingya fiasco was in the Andaman sea. Whereas the containers were found off Sattahip in the Gulf of Thailand. Please stop presenting misinformation termad.

thanks again; who was in the containers then? I remember reading (BKK Post or the like) the govt said there was no way it could be from 1992 ; but surely it didn't date from Abhisit's days ?

The real question here is ...why did it take Abhisit 1 1/2 years into his term to bring the drug killing charges back against Abhisit? Why were they dropped in the first place?

I think the first question that needs be asked is why the charges never got anywhere when Thaksin was in power and then again between 2006 and 2008?. They certainly came to the attention of the international community.

""""the drug killing charges back against Abhisit"""" :)

thanks again; who was in the containers then? I remember reading (BKK Post or the like) the govt said there was no way it could be from 1992 ; but surely it didn't date from Abhisit's days ?

Rumours abound about skeletons, etc. Dr. Pornthip c.s had a look, very carefully for fear of illegally dumped industrial waste (which would be more likely in Thailand). Found to be nearly empty with some rubbish, I think. And judged to be there for quiet some time already. Rumour died till brought up again here. Please let it rest (in peace :) ).

Edited by rubl

The police actively (passive aggressive/actively) opposed Abhisit getting the Red Rally under control,

this is now saying, your truce/amnesty for the WoD killings is now recinded for opposing the PM, on a national security issue.

And yes also to drive awedge between them and Thaksin.

I find this post , as well as Ozzieman's below, quite interesting ( though I was never shocked by the WoD).

I'll add that in terms of Interpol warrant or whatever, 2500 have weight : a Rwandese doctor was arrested in France the other day on charge of the Rwanda genocid ; surely he isn't accused of more than 2500 deaths himself.(He won't be extraded because of the death penalty )

Edited by souvenirdeparis

You missed the point completely. ALOT OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WERE KILLED. They were not all drug dealers! Have you heard of innocent until proven guilty?