Hp Envy 17" In Thailand

saorsa

Well a quick look at the THAILAND HP website. it is advertised there - so my money is on yes??? You must have thought to check there right???

I did check there, but couldnt find any details on whether the 17" version was available (quite often it takes some time before latest models make it to thailand from what i have found).

I sent HP an email last week about this new laptop and got a reply below (the bottom line is they are correct with their comment "You will expect a response from HP shortly." but I'm still waiting and they never actually promised a reply! Nothing much more to be said about HP Thai service I suppose:

>>Dear xxx,

>>Thank you for contacting HP Thailand. Your enquiry have been forwarded to Thailand HP representative. You will expect a response from HP shortly.

>>For your convenience, below is a copy of the e-mail you submitted.

I've rung HP Thailand many times trying to find out when they would release various bits of hardware. The people who answer the phone usually can't provide an answer beyond 'look in the brochure' or the famous 'we'll get back to you when it arrives'.

Which brings me to annoyance no. 2: The stuff HP advertises in their promotional brochures for Thailand often isn't actually available here, and some of it never, ever arrives.

Their website is even more useless than the brochure. It's perpetually out of date and usually bears no relation to what they are actually selling at any given point in time, at least as far as laptops and mobile devices go.

• 2 months later...

HP products suck... Problem with my HP printer 2 yrs ago...I bought an Epson.... Problems with my HP digital camera last year... I bought a Sony.... And now just two weeks ago my HP Pavilion broke.... I bought a PC that I configured myself... I vow to never buy another HP product ever again.......and to think, I used to work for them.

Had an HP laptop before. It conked up on the day the warranty expired. Now with Acer, they give three year warranties and that is the time you a) write off such investment/asset and B) evolution has come up with significant amendments.

Edited by raro

I had an Acer once which was a pos. Ymmv.

it was what exactly? :blink:

Piece Of Sh1t...

we use 4 Acer Laptops in the company in the just-over-20.000 Baht price range. No complaints whatsoever.

what does "Ymmv"" stand for?

My HP laptop is still going after 4+ years.

It came with a 1 year worldwide warranty, and 3 years in country.

You have just been lucky! :)

Normally HP products sucks!

• 6 months later...

Would have to say the new 17" Macbook Pro is a option (Better?) 2.3ghz Quad Core i7 with turbo boost to 3.4Ghz, AMD 6750 1GB DDR5 graphics card. Much better quality screen than the HP and the Asus when you see them side by side and the price is substantially cheaper than 99,999THB, 83000THB delivered free and import duty free from store.apple.com/th-k12.

Remember even if you dont want to run Mac OS X you can just install windows 7 and not have mac os x installed at all.

The design and weight is much better than the HP and the Asus if you ask me.

Would have to say the new 17" Macbook Pro is a option (Better?) 2.3ghz Quad Core i7 with turbo boost to 3.4Ghz, AMD 6750 1GB DDR5 graphics card. Much better quality screen than the HP and the Asus when you see them side by side and the price is substantially cheaper than 99,999THB, 83000THB delivered free and import duty free from store.apple.com/th-k12.

Remember even if you dont want to run Mac OS X you can just install windows 7 and not have mac os x installed at all.

The design and weight is much better than the HP and the Asus if you ask me.

Someone mentioned to me about 0% import tax on notebooks, etc. I assumed it was bs, there is some truth in this?

I was looking to purchase an Envy when it came out around Mid last year. HP Staff in Bangkok didn't really have a single clue.

I eventually flew down to Singapore and picked up An Envy 15 (I7) for about 68,000 Baht or 2800 SGD and carried it back after hearing so many stories about how the import tax in THailand will kill you.