Events, June 20-july 1?

garyinthailand

I have family coming to visit from 20 June through 1 July. I've been on lookout for any special events, temple festivals, etc. Seems like we're in the real low-season lull, though.

Does anyone know of anything happening in the area during that time that might interest a visitor? Naturally, we'll be doing the ordinary round of temples, beaches, night markets, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Not so much I'm afraid- always thought this would be a great time of the year for a first class intnl SandSculpting competition in Hua Hin (possibly drawing in a few summer vacation tourists from Europe). There was one back in vancouver and it used to attract 100s of thousands from all over.

Best to head down Khoa Sam Roi Yawt ntnl park, or up to Pala-U waterfalls since they will be falling again (with the periodic rain) and generally enjoy the lack of high season crowds :o

Edited by bahtandsold

Best to head down Khoa Sam Roi Yawt ntnl park, or up to Pala-U waterfalls since they will be falling again (with the periodic rain) and generally enjoy the lack of high season crowds :D

I went on a trip once to go and see the waterfall at Pala U... I got as far as the temple near the top of the and gave up, turned the motorbike around and went for a beer.. :o

totster :D

Best to head down Khoa Sam Roi Yawt ntnl park, or up to Pala-U waterfalls since they will be falling again (with the periodic rain) and generally enjoy the lack of high season crowds :D

I went on a trip once to go and see the waterfall at Pala U... I got as far as the temple near the top of the and gave up, turned the motorbike around and went for a beer.. :o

life sucks this time of the year...get pissed in the pub i would say !!!

Why not look at the fishing boats deepdive neverknow what one can catch :D

Why not look at the fishing boats deepdive neverknow what one can catch :D

i've been there last night cruiser but you're not allowed out anymore isn't it ?? :D