90 Day Non-immigrant Visa

My friend came to Thailand to spend a year working as a volunteer teacher. Unfortunately he's failed a law exam and has to return to his country.

He doesn't want to put the foundation he's volunteering for, to the trouble of securing a one-year visa when he'll not be here.

One extra month on top of his 90 days would be enough. Is it possible to get a one month extension to the 90 day non imm visa he obtained in Ireland.

Thanks for any help.

No.

Visit a Thai Consulate and get a Tourist Visa. They are free at the moment.

Alternatively he can fly to another country and return by air and get 30 days.

Do it at a land border and get 15 days so will have to do it twice.

However if he plans to be working he can not do that on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry so would have to obtain a single entry non immigrant visa entry for 90 days. That would require full paperwork and copy of his work permit in the local area.

On a similar note, I have booked to be in Thailand in the first half of 2011 for 109 days, leaving Thailand 26th April.

So if I fly to ,say, KL for a couple of days before the 7th April I should get another 30 days (presumably from the date of return into BKK) ?

If he is in country now on a 90 day tourist visa, immigration will give him a 30 day extension. Go a few days before it expires. There is a charge for the extension.

If he is in country now on a 90 day tourist visa, immigration will give him a 30 day extension. Go a few days before it expires. There is a charge for the extension.

There is no 90-day tourist visa.

The OP is on a non-immigrant visa.

On a similar note, I have booked to be in Thailand in the first half of 2011 for 109 days, leaving Thailand 26th April.

So if I fly to ,say, KL for a couple of days before the 7th April I should get another 30 days (presumably from the date of return into BKK) ?

I think you could extend a 90 day non immigrant 'O' Visa, for 30days at local immigration office for 1,900 baht