Aussie Born Baby To Thai Mum- Where Get Thai Registered

jayinoz

I know many variations of this exist in Thailand and I have spent many weeks off\on looking through the best option to get my child Thai citizenship. I think I am over complicating the matter, as various government institutions state differing things. I would have thought bringing your child to be born back to the better country to have a passport then been a dual citizen would be done regularly. And is- both ways... Born in Thai or born in fathers home country.

I chose for my son to be born in Aussie to acquire Dual nationality. Plus he was covered by health insurance in Aussie. My girl was only on a tourist visa.

Born in Aussie he gained citizenship and even the baby bonus- which was an unexpected bonus :D ...

The we travelled back to Thai when he was 4 months old. Now he 8 months old.

Where in CMai or Lumphun do we register his Thai citizenship?

What is required?

Is the process as complex and payment ridden as immigration makes out?

We wish to put him on the family house book as a registered Thai citizen. The family book is for an estate in Li, Lamphun.

Can we do this all from Chiangmai and where?

Any assistance the is factual, not guessing, would be appreciatated. Cheers :)

You can only register the baby at the Thai embassy in Australia. Only they have the power to issue a Thai birth certificate, as the child was born in their jurisdiction.

He has an Aussie Birth certificate. Thai embassy in Aussie said no such thing- their response was once the child is in Thailand. Simply go to the local Births, Deaths and Marriages government branch with a copy of birth certificate, family thai book, mothers ID, optional: father ID.

Immigration in CMai state our child has overstayed his Visa, yet we laugh at a baby making its way to the border for a stamp every 2 weeks. They then went into a over compicated process of getting a one year Visa for our Child. When we were asking for Dual citizenship- in other words not their domain- so make up whatever they wish...

Just trying to find out fact from fiction- which can be yak mak...

Surely someone has done this or knows of someone who has in Thailand...

Should not be complex if the child has a Thai Mum born in Thailand. More complex I felt for me to prove I am the father and sponsor my own child as an Aussie...Cheers

You can only register the baby at the Thai embassy in Australia. Only they have the power to issue a Thai birth certificate, as the child was born in their jurisdiction.

He has an Aussie Birth certificate. Thai embassy in Aussie said no such thing- their response was once the child is in Thailand. Simply go to the local Births, Deaths and Marriages government branch with a copy of birth certificate, family thai book, mothers ID, optional: father ID.

Immigration in CMai state our child has overstayed his Visa, yet we laugh at a baby making its way to the border for a stamp every 2 weeks. They then went into a over compicated process of getting a one year Visa for our Child. When we were asking for Dual citizenship- in other words not their domain- so make up whatever they wish...

Should not be complex if the child has a Thai Mum born in Thailand. More complex I felt for me to prove I am the father and sponsor my own child as an Aussie...Cheers

I have one born here and one born in the UK (both UK passports only when we moved back).

For the UK born child we had to register at the Thai Embassy in London, where they issued a Thai birth certificate and Thai passport. I don't believe you will have any luck at all trying to get these documents from within Thailand.

Apparently you didn't care for Mario2008's advice and have shrugged it off. He is an expert in these matters.