Phuket Punchline Comedy

NamKangMan

Yup, I've been to a couple also, last year. I keep getting the SMS notices from them, but moved out of Phuket. It's a good night of fun. You usually get lucky with at least one funny guy out of 3, sometimes 2.

It's a good event. I've been to about 5 of them now and they're always a good laugh. You have to get there early, though, as the room fills up quickly and if it's full before you arrive, you're out of look.

The venue is the Holiday Inn Patong, so couldn't be nicer.

I have been to about 80% of these shows over the years and they are certainly not to be missed!!!!!!!!!!!! The venue is outstanding The Holiday Inn. The comedians are top notch and extremely hilarious, you will not be dissappointed. The show is run by a professional chap by the name of Pete and his lovely wife Poom. Don't forget to buy Pete and Poom a glass of red wine at the interval. You will have a great night and be thanking me and returning for many more shows, see you there.

Mark.

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I will go to the next show, for sure.

That said, I'm also happy to support something different in Phuket and I do enjoy stand-up comedy.

Thanks again to all on TV.

Just a quick question: The venue, roughly how many people does it hold and is it numbered seating, like a cinema, or, tables with drink service, like a restaurant?

Edited by NamKangMan

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I will go to the next show, for sure.

That said, I'm also happy to support something different in Phuket and I do enjoy stand-up comedy.

Thanks again to all on TV.

Just a quick question: The venue, roughly how many people does it hold and is it numbered seating, like a cinema, or, tables with drink service, like a restaurant?

I'd guess about 200 people in unreserved rows of seats.

Sit in the front row for the best experience.

Very good evenings but I'll be on a plane to London at the time of the next one

Definitely well worth going.

Gerd, even native speakers of, ahem, English (the American version anyway) do have occasional problems following the banter. But the parts I do get are always fun and occasionally rock-yer-seat hilarious.

(Warning: I love droll humor. Shoulda been a limey. No,strike that.)

It's open seating, and the front is definitely better. Drinks out in the foyer.

Great fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that it was a great show the other night. It was "full house" and they had to put out extra seating, but, it was not uncomforably crowded. The comics were professional and very funny. The bar service was efficient and drinks were reasonably priced.

I am in no way affiliated with this event. I just thought I would give credit, where credit was due.

I had a great time and can 100% recommend this show to all expats and tourist on Phuket. I will definately make it a regular night out for me.

As a first time patron to this show, if anyone in management is reading this, you have a new, long term, customer in me. Thanks again for a great night.