May 31st

track61

Lincoln said at the dedication of Gettysburg, "The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

post-47492-1275313843_thumb.jpg

For those members who are not familiar with this day, this is what it is about:

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War), it was expanded after World War I

As we have allowed Anzac Day to run each year, we are allowing this also. This is not about who was right or wrong and not about governments but about those who died in the service of their country. This is not an invitation to American bashing and any disrespect will be dealt with firmly.

memory.gif

the above posts seconded by me.

its simple - if you cant show respect, dont post. if you cant do that yourself, I will not hesitate to help :)

RIP