kayo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darn right Khall!!

Today we begin our 2 day festival to try to promote tourism; Tell people to get back here and spend their dollars.... Best way to bring the village back on track.

Most of the village and village elders now seem to agree that we are better off raising the funds for reconstruction ourselves, instead of waiting for federal aid. The gov´t of course will do repair work, but the villagers can do it quicker.

I like their style. Not blaming nobody and getting on with it. :D:o:D

As Saturday afternoon´s pouring sunshine bore down upon us, the walking street became busy... Families, Couples, groups of kids, all walked, skipped and hopped along the street to the sound of, er... mostly silence.

All the locals came out to have a look, but were not there to party.

Thanking the starts that shine down upon us, though, as the evening wore on and the boss got on stage, by 11pm we were jam packed and trying to get the dog to learn how to make drinks. It was only I working with one waiter, but the festival had by late night truly started.

People started arriving from the capital, and a few busses of tourists, by late evening, and as the night wore on, we did what we know how to do best.... Party!!!!.

The place was pumping, and even I got down and dirty on the dancefloor, when I had half a chance.

The night we had ranks up in the top twenty of the year so far.

We breathe a little easier.

We were, if only for a few hours, well and truly open. And we still have the touch that makes the Maktub`ar a special place.

Thanks Idle moment gang, for all the positive thinking.

Kayo the Klazy Ghhappy Krown!

There is this guy. He is seventeen yeaars old and growing up in the slums of Sao Paulo, Brazil.

As a kid, he had a good life; Houses in beautiful locations, mam & dad had cars, etc... As a young teenager, his father lost it all during a political coup, and the family was relegated to the gutters of Sao Paulo, one of the most populated cities in the world.

At seventeen, as many a teenager, he leaves home, and bums around, scratching ona guitar and plying his words into poems and songs. He considers himself a young Bob Dylan.

One day, with about 70 dollars in his pocket, he crosses over into BOlivia. He does not return to Brazil at least until the present day.

Joca made his way, over about eight years, through Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and finally landed on a lakeside high up in the mountains of Guatemala and settled here, forming a band, and for a few years becoming a minor sensation on the Latin American Folk Rock Scene.

As can often happen when rock stars blend drugs drink and women, the band broke up.

Joca used what little money he`d saved to open the best bar in the world.

He contacted various friends who, between them combined are possibly the best bar staff in the world.

The bar; Maktub`ar Café Jardin.

Welcome to another Idle Moment.

:o

Thaibebop.... If you really want to, we can have another poll, and I{ll ask all my friends to vote for you. Get over it man!

To my Idle momenters... I´m gonna go over to the blogs with this.