Shop Online? Credit Card Accepted?

sariz

Hello Thai community. I have been few time to Bangkok. Now i am living there for one month. But, I alway do my shopping online (I am from USA)

I would like to know which Site web accept credit card and can ship to Thailand. I have try to search alot and didn't find so much, and many website Are in Thai

So if you know any site that accept credit card and can send in Thailand, just leave the site here!

Because i would realy like to get a new laptop

Thanks you all for your advice.

Tom!

U.S. websites such as amazon and many others accept u.s. credit cards. Most do not ship many items to Thailand. Clothing, etc ok, but shipping, handling and customs charges can be exorbitant.

Electrical appliances no.

Video games, very few

Books ok but very heavy for shipping.

amazon has great delivery but may come in many batches over time.

If you are only here for one month what do you do if something hasn't been delivered beofre you leave? If you buy a laptop and it is broken when it is delivered what do you do?

Some companies may not ship to Thailand as your credit card billing address is a different country.

I suspect he has been here one month already and is staying longer. And that he is looking for mail order source in Thailand that has English language pages for order of computer and such items.

Yes sorry for the double post.

I have try to chek amazon, it's look pretty expensive. Nobody know website installed in Thailand, that accept US card? Like that I will be able to save on the Shipping :)

I have find apple.co.th

You know other website like that?

Save yourself a few $$$ and get your self down to Fortune or Pantip. You will save money on the actual purchase, dont have to worry about shipping and can take the unit home with you there and then. Even with the traditional "3% surcharge for credit cards' most of the shops insist on, it will still be cheaper than buying online... (and lets not even start with the possible 40% import duty that customs can charge you if they want to!)

lastly, have you tried any of the links suggested in the "Computer/Networking FAQs and References" section?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/line-Compute...res-t61857.html

Hope that helps

You really need to get over this 'i must buy online' concept you seem to be hanging onto...

If you buy something online and ship it to Thailand you will likely get stung by customs import tax (which can be as high as 40%) and you will have to cover postage costs, deal with the frustrations of finding a site that will send your goods to a different country to your card etc.

You are much better off getting away from your monitor, going down to Pantip or Fortune Town and buying there. if you are worried about after sales service, then just goto one of the brand shops (Sony, Dell, Aser etc) and buy from them, you will get the same warrenty as you would from buying online but without the hassle (and risk of import tax)

For Fortune Town, the easiest way is to take the MRT (Subway) to Rama 9 station, for Pantip just jump in a taxi and tell him "Pantip Plaza" - trust me on this, you will thank me in the end :)

Thanks you again for your response sir, but if I would like to stick in this way, is it possible, if you find any site, to tell me there ^^

Site that are able to accept USA credit card and to send stuff to Thailand, ty :-)

Most web sites insist that the shipping address MUST match the credit card address.

Sorry astral but when I shop online in the US "most" websites offer "ship to address other than billing address"

I do encounter many that will not or do not ship out of country even to Alaska or Hawaii

1. Smells of credit card fraud.

2. Smells of credit card fraud.

3. See 1 and 2.

4. Serious buyers in Thailand head to a shopping center and pays directly there. But of course that is not possible with stolen card numbers...

5. Users who post this kind of stuff are always taken down by local authorities. Why? They don't like foreigners coming here trying to take advantage... that's their job you see.

6. OP, good luck, and I suggest you don't do what you are thinking of doing because you will get caught.

3. See 1 and 2.

4. Serious buyers in Thailand head to a shopping center and pays directly there. But of course that is not possible with stolen card numbers...

5. Users who post this kind of stuff are always taken down by local authorities. Why? They don't like foreigners coming here trying to take advantage... that's their job you see.

6. OP, good luck, and I suggest you don't do what you are thinking of doing because you will get caught.

I have come to the same conclusion. If he has a credit card that really belongs to him he can buy over the counter. This insistance on online shopping is cause for concern.

Most web sites insist that the shipping address MUST match the credit card address.

Actually no they dont, many websites insist that the first transaction ships to the billing address, but after that the rules are relaxed. There are a number of websites that insist the shipping and billing address are the same, they are the ones I no longer use. But in general it is quite easy to contact a site and get the shipping address changed, or, if you are shopping with big names like amazon they give the option of extra shipping addresses. My credit cards are all either US or UK but I use them all to send goods to Thailand, as long as I inform the Credit card company that I am buying and shipping to Thailand I have never had a problem.

3. See 1 and 2.

I have come to the same conclusion. If he has a credit card that really belongs to him he can buy over the counter. This insistance on online shopping is cause for concern.

Rubbish, I have been a "serious buyer" in Thailand for 30 years now and I can many times get things cheaper on the net than over the counter, and this includes shipping, Customs is a free for all sometimes they charge, sometimes they dont, its a crap shoot on the customs charges, often I get 3 or 4 packages in one day, all are the same, but I get charged customs on one or maybe none. Never had any hassle in Thailand, but have had problems with companies in USA or UK thinking it is not legit.