Interesting 'feature'

Wolfie

Ok ,so ive got my lovely shiny HTC Desire all configured and set up... everything is good in the world...

Seamlessly integrates with Gmail, Facebook etc... lovely...

... except...

When i get service messages (i.e. SMS's from DTAC, Citibank, SomeSpamOrganisation etc) it seems to want to associate that to one of my facebook friends...

Whilst its easy to spot them (its always the same FB Friend) and its possible to identify who actually sent the message, it is a touch annoying.

At first, i figured i had done something wrong, so i checked all the settings, investigated the FB friends account etc, nothing... next i thought it was just a bug or something that had incorrectly associated these numbers with that FB friend, so i deleted the friend from my friends list (so harsh!) but the next day i get another service message and guess what... its linked itself to another FB friend... how annoying!

Has anyone seen this, heard of this or experienced this? Does anyone know a why to disable/stop this?

Its not really a major issue, the only Service SMS message i get that i am interested in is the DTAC one telling me what my bill payment is... so i can live with it if i have to, but i would prefer to fix this

Funny you should say that but the Thai Visa news alerts did that to me too. At first I thought my friend was getting overly interested in the news.

I didn't fix it, I just unsubscribed from the sms alerts..

If it always comes from the same number, perhaps try creating a google contact for the DTAC alerts?