Transnational Prostitution Network Uncovered In Pattaya

Rimmer

Transnational Prostitution Network Uncovered in Pattaya

gallery_327_1086_45616.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Anti-Human Trafficking Division (AHTD) police successfully arrested a key member involved with the illegal trafficking of Thai women for prostitution in Bahrain on Tuesday. The offender, a Thai woman, was arrested after a joint international investigation revealed her as a key suspect in the trafficking of 7 Thai women who had recently escaped the network and reported to the Thai Embassy in Bahrain.

Pattaya, the 1st of June 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 5:00pm on Tuesday, police Colonel Surachet Hakphan (AHTD Superintendent) along with Lieutenant Colonels Thaweesuk Yaimeesak and Thanaphon Unruen (AHTD Chief Inspectors) successfully action an arrest warrant on Miss Sureerat Chaiphrom [34]. The arrest was made at the Royal Garden Plaza McDonalds where Miss Chaiphrom had been eating at the time.

At present Miss Chaiphrom has been arrested on charges of; collaborating with a transnational human trafficking gang and illegal kidnapping/detention of a person/s against their will. The warrant for her arrest was issued at the conclusion of investigations into the human trafficking of 7 Thai women to Bahrain, who had been deceived into leaving the Kingdom for legal work purposes.

Full story and pictures:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/06...red-in-pattaya/

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

2010-06-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend many years in Bahrain and there were a lot of Thai women working in the bars and hotels and they certainly knew beforehand why and what they were going to do in Bahrain.

So that must mean that these and all Thai women in that country must be HOs and couldn't possibly be there against their will?

I spend many years in Bahrain and there were a lot of Thai women working in the bars and hotels and they certainly knew beforehand why and what they were going to do in Bahrain.

So that must mean that these and all Thai women in that country must be HOs and couldn't possibly be there against their will?

How could they have been trafficked if their passports had multiple visas and re-entries into Bahrain?

It would take sedation and put in a box to get a Thai lady working at the 7-11 to take a job in Bahrain.

If their new jobs in Bahrain bears no resemblance to the local thai jobs, then they should hang the pimp if convicted.

As usual these girls were recruited from villages with promises of factory jobs or waitresses....they were conned...

As usual these girls were recruited from villages with promises of factory jobs or waitresses....they were conned...

They were recruited in Pattaya, were they not? But that doesn't mean they weren't deceived! :)

Reading the headline, I imagined that all those Ukrainian, Russian and other western prostitutes working in Pattaya had finally been 'uncovered' by the BIB, but I guess its much too well hidden for any of them to be able to find it LOL.

No, it means that among local sex workers, you can easily find women who want to do sex work abroad, hence no real need to deceive anyone.

Note that the person was based in Pattaya; indeed you would find the biggest pool of sex workers there who may be up for spending some time abroad.

Same work; bigger pay.

Note: This of course doesn't rule out any kind of deception on expenses or income. For example, accommodation may be charged at a high rate and cut from the income. However, "llegal kidnapping/detention of a person/s against their will", is unlikely and also unnecessary. It's typical for police to lay on a lot of charges first, and then see what remains in court, which is typically much smaller sub-set. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Completely agreed, I worked in Manama -1st Gulf War, early 90's- for the hotel which belongs to the national airline, no need to name it!

P2P business made it's reputation... and for sure the ladies on the floor where freelancers.

Reading the headline, I imagined that all those Ukrainian, Russian and other western prostitutes working in Pattaya had finally been 'uncovered' by the BIB, but I guess its much too well hidden for any of them to be able to find it LOL.

Just a walk down the street at night could clean some of them and their pimps who stand behind them out of the country, working without a work permit.

This Pattaya dame is well named.

Sure a Rat.

No doubt many are on the game there,

and may not have gotten the deal they were sold beforehand.

A little payback I would guess.

Until this year Thais could get a visa on arrival in Bahrain. So a lot of working girls added Bahrain to the circuit (Hong Kong, Singapore etc) where older girls with decent English could make a good living. Livened the place up as well. Usual deal was however that they were "tied" to a 2 or 3 Star hotel in that they could only work out of (and in) those premises. Visa arrangements over now so I would assume semi-freelance days are also over. Most working girls on last visit were (as in Dubai) Chinese.

I imagine that they knew very well why they were going they but probably had some

bad treatment and unhappiness so they wanted to get the heck out and

back to thailand so they went to the authorities.

The middle easterns have got a bad rep for treating women bad and beatings.

The Thai girls will get a free ride back to Thailand now I should think.

This Pattaya dame is well named.

Sure a Rat.

No doubt many are on the game there,

and may not have gotten the deal they were sold beforehand.

A little payback I would guess.

Until this year Thais could get a visa on arrival in Bahrain. So a lot of working girls added Bahrain to the circuit (Hong Kong, Singapore etc) where older girls with decent English could make a good living. Livened the place up as well. Usual deal was however that they were "tied" to a 2 or 3 Star hotel in that they could only work out of (and in) those premises. Visa arrangements over now so I would assume semi-freelance days are also over. Most working girls on last visit were (as in Dubai) Chinese.

And for all the TV posters who face the hurdles of getting a visitor visa for their TGF to go to their home country for a holiday, the willingness of Thai ladies to work abroad illegally (including "massage" and Thai restaurants etc) is a major cause.

Soit takes a full Colonel and two Lieutenant Colonels to arrest one lady. I guess the troops were out engaged on more important business such as collect fines for not wearing a crash helmet.

There is no prostitution in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand.

There are only sex service providers.

They provide the service as a career.

To make ends meet, just like you and me.

So, please provide them with some respect.

we know that, but the issue was did they know what they were in for, or conned? Often, its cases of them knowing but not getting the pay rate they were told (cheated,) then reporting it. who will ever know? Pattaya of all places, hard to know.

please not hores , ladies of pleasure .

and almost impossible , : against their will .

this has been going on for quite a while .

i know of a bar in patty, frequented by a guy fron OMAN ,

who arranged work in the hospitality buisness,in oman , for three of the bar girls ,

the best looking gals , of course.

Why did they report to the Thai embassy if they was their on their own free will ?

They had properly been told they had to work as maids etc. and when arrived they had their pasport confisgated and told that now they own the boss 2-300.000 Bath !!

So it is not some of these free lancers there go around the world !

Same as these idiots who cheat Thais to picj wild berries in Funland charging so much they never can earn it and pay back !

But that is real Thai mentality, work as little and cheat as manny you can ! Even your own family, no problem !

If you had stayed here a few year you would know ! The world of lazy cheaters !!

But anyway it is nice to stay here, just not have to do any business with them at all !

(only a little with the girls) !

I have to say mate your post has stunned me.

You must be either joking of be in the top 10 most gullable people in the world.

Not quite but almost.

Many of them know exactly what they`re going for and when they discover that the pimps are in control and they cannot earn the big bucks as originally thought, it suddenly becomes viable to be a victim and get out of there.

In other words the job doesn`t meet their expectations.

Human trafficking takes many forms. Even ladies who work in the "bar" scene, can still be victims of trafficking.

As much as many like the idea that a woman sells herself for the fun of it, it might be worth reading into real stories as to why women work in the bar scene, as well as reading up on human trafficking. Particularly if any of you are involved in the "scene", so you know the reasons and the difference...if you care in the slightest. Its also good particularly if you wish to offer an opinion (and more so if you wish to offer dismissal) of human trafficking, as its good to know the various ways human trafficking take form.

Loans on daughters/sisters, removal of passport/ID, Language barriers in a foreign country (and being told they are there illegally so cannot go to authorities or they will go to jail), threats on family members if they try to leave/report. There are many many forms. Even a bar girls status can change to being a human trafficking victim where loans etc are involved. Dont write off a persons status unless you really know the facts.

Sorry, but the term for a sex service provider is a prostitute and the name for the career as you describe it, is prostitution.

Prostitute:

One who solicits and accepts payment for sex acts.

A woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money.

I believe that the reason why so many men do not feel sympathy for these, I’ll be polite and call them sex workers, is because we do not know how they think.

To many the thought of what they do with anybody for money is repulsive. Of course us men do use the services of these women and we don’t consider ourselves ugly and gross, because we cant see ourselves as others see us.

I do know of a 25 year old girl, a neighbour who regularly sleeps with a 79 year old Farang for money. And in my mind I think to myself, how could she?

And that`s the crux of the matter, how do these girls think? If they enjoy it than that’s sick, if they don’t and have to do this to survive, then that’s tragic.

I would really like to give some bar girl a truth drug and discovery how they feel about what they do. Perhaps that would give us a better understand of what makes them tick.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Human trafficking takes many forms. Even ladies who work in the "bar" scene, can still be victims of trafficking.

.... removal of passport/ID ....

This is a common practice in middle eastern countries, not only for women coming to work as hostesses and related roles, but also for laborers, drivers, and many other imported workers. My driver in Riyadh was from Sudan and he couldn't leave the country without getting his passport back from his sponsor, which typically only happens once a year or once every other year for home leave.

And that`s the crux of the matter, how do these girls think? If they enjoy it than that’s sick, if they don’t and have to do this to survive, then that’s tragic.

I would really like to give some bar girl a truth drug and discovery how they feel about what they do. Perhaps that would give us a better understand of what makes them tick.

Of course it's the latter and it's also tragic that you would need to dispense a truth drug to understand this.

And your source of origin of this 'fact' is?

Sorry, but the term for a sex service provider is a prostitute and the name for the career as you describe it, is prostitution.

Prostitute:

One who solicits and accepts payment for sex acts.

A woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money.

I believe that the reason why so many men do not feel sympathy for these, I’ll be polite and call them sex workers, is because we do not know how they think.

To many the thought of what they do with anybody for money is repulsive. Of course us men do use the services of these women and we don’t consider ourselves ugly and gross, because we cant see ourselves as others see us.

I do know of a 25 year old girl, a neighbour who regularly sleeps with a 79 year old Farang for money. And in my mind I think to myself, how could she?

The Pope has spoken...

I've seen these middle aged women in action. As Chuang said, they promise good jobs and plentiful money, but the fine print says nothing about selling their bodies in the meantime. This all happens as necessity and depravity of basic human rights at the other end. Huge fees that have to be paid back for service, expensive accommodation that real salaries can not pay for etc. Take them from upcountry and drop them in these situations and the other girls just say "mai pen rai", we all do what we have too and then you'll have money for family. It's this network, like this snake her that needs to be shown for what they are.