Hotels With No Soap

billyboy

After staying in numerous hotels /motels in Thailand I now ask them before i check in ,if they have soap in the room.Some dont provide soap.This i didnt find out until i had paid 600 b for a room in Pattaya.

When i went to see the hotel ladyowner she said "we not provide soap".

I find the larger hotels such as Day Night give you soap but some others dont which i find annoying.I then have to make a special trip to the supermarket to buy a cake of soap.Why not just provide it? Also I have never seen tea baga,coffee satchels in rooms in Thailand unlike the west.Not that it worries me because i usually go to a coffee shop when im in Thailand in the morning anyway.but soap?

Someone pass the soap.

Yes seems to be a trend in the under 800 baht hotels

Fair enough I suppose.

I think talking to friends in the game its the pilfering by staff that costs them.

How many times do you run out of toilet paper in your room in the lower budget hotels??

One roll per day per room.

My mate says before he started rationing it he was going thru 4-5 rolls a day per room.

I would not want to use the soap spend 48 baht on some LUX and have a proper wash

After staying in numerous hotels /motels in Thailand I now ask them before i check in ,if they have soap in the room.Some dont provide soap.This i didnt find out until i had paid 600 b for a room in Pattaya.

When i went to see the hotel ladyowner she said "we not provide soap".

I find the larger hotels such as Day Night give you soap but some others dont which i find annoying.I then have to make a special trip to the supermarket to buy a cake of soap.Why not just provide it? Also I have never seen tea baga,coffee satchels in rooms in Thailand unlike the west.Not that it worries me because i usually go to a coffee shop when im in Thailand in the morning anyway.but soap?

Someone pass the soap.

Scamp, don't you take a toiletrey bag with you when staying in a hotel, you know something with a razor, toothbrush, shampoo SOAP etc?

If they don't provide soap then it is highly unlikely that they will provide any of the other items mentioned above, so how Do you address your personal hygene situation whilst travelling?

I would be interested to hear what arrangements other TV Members make for their personal hygene when staying in a hotel, I mean does anyone check into one without any toiletries of any kind?

Hmmmm not baiting me are you C. ?

Not sure what you mean by that but I was replying with good intention and taking the piss in the same way you would a mate.

If I didn't like you I would have added another laughing smiley but seeing as I do I just put one. :D

I am honoured to think you feel that way about me Scampy

:o

"Where's the soap!"

"Yes, doesn't it!"

Scouse.

...and you would be referring to the 2 nuns in the bath having a discussion Scouse? :o

I always bring my own toiletries. One good thing about Thailand as opposed to Oz is that you can buy all of the good brand name soaps, shampoos, toiletries etc in miniature versions. Great for travelling. And cheap if bought in bulk packs from Lotus etc...

Hmmmm not baiting me are you C. ?

Not sure what you mean by that but I was replying with good intention and taking the piss in the same way you would a mate.

If I didn't like you I would have added another laughing smiley but seeing as I do I just put one. :D

I am honoured to think you feel that way about me Scampy

:D

Spuds & the soon to be Mrs Spuds

Congratulations :D

Gentleman Scamp , Thai Pauly ? :D

Watch this space :o

Billyboy

The hotel must have confused you with an Englishman as they are well known for not showering or bathing for weeks on end hence no need to provide any soap. :o

Hold On there Tolley,, the French and the Ozzies are the Soap Dodgers.

NOT BRITS - NO WAY :D

I have 3 showers in my house so that PROVES it!!!

Billyboy

The hotel must have confused you with an Englishman as they are well known for not showering or bathing for weeks on end hence no need to provide any soap. :D

Bum guns don't count! :o

Billyboy

The hotel must have confused you with an Englishman as they are well known for not showering or bathing for weeks on end hence no need to provide any soap. :D

Great for washing the feet those Bum Guns... :D

totster :D

I just found out why pommies don't shower....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050614/323/fl42m.html

Tuesday June 14, 03:06 PM

Hidden camera catches British plumber making own addition to water system

LONDON (AFP) - A hidden camera set up by council officials to trap rogue plumbers caught more than anticipated, producing shock footage of a tradesman relieving himself into a house's water system.

Plumber Roy Williams thought he was alone in the attic of a house in Surrey, southeast England, having sent his apprentice to his van to fetch spare parts, Guildford Crown Court was told on Tuesday.

However, the terraced house had been set up as a sting to trap conman plumbers, with local council trade standards officers stationed in a bedroom watching Williams via a video camera.

They were astonished to watch the plumber urinate into a vase and pour the contents into the house's hot water tank, before then rinsing the vase in the cold water tank, which feeds the drinking water system.

Jury members smirked and giggled on Tuesday as they watched footage of the incident, filmed in November last year.

Prosecutors said Williams was among a series of plumbers targeted by the operation, in which a council officer posing as a householder called out tradesmen to fix a water leak caused by an easily-repairable fault.

Williams and his company deny charges relating to attempted deception and making false statements.

Billyboy

OK, I forgot to mention them, only goes to prove I can wash my bum while washing my hair at the same time!. I will admit that we did have soap dodgers on the ship's we sent to Oz containing convicts, but we did not want to part with precious soap to keep these dregs of our society clean. They got used to not having it when they got there and naturally thought they could do without, as they ALL smelt bad, nobody noticed.

At this point I must point out these miscreants were NOT soap dodgers before they left. No Sir!

Seems the habbit has been passed down from father to son for generations and is now part of Ozzie culture :D

Bring on that world of wrath that I am expecting, think I will take another shower before I get back to read my hate mail. (Note the word "Another") :D

The lack of soap in my hotel room doesn't concern me nearly as much as it's absence from the rest of the bathrooms in Thailand. There must be a whole lot of people out there with dirty hands!

I travel with some of that liquid stuff in my day pack. I'm not a clean freak but just see this as good hygiene.