True Vision Idiocy

griser

I went to the True vision salesman yesterday to see about possibly getting the silver package for my family. we asked him all the usual questions then came time to talk about price, deposits ect.

We asked him... how much for install and the deposit? 2000 baht..

ok, sounds good... is that refunded at the end of the contract? yes it is...

He goes on to tell me that if I end the contract before one year I lose my deposit... I think, fair enough!

ok, so I ask him... what is the cost to re install If I move? Sir if you move it will make the contract end!

WHAT? yes you heard right... simply moving causes the contract to end and you lose your deposit if its less than one year.

To get it re installed you must pay ANOTHER deposit and install fee.

I was dumbfounded! I couldnt think of one logical reason a company would end a contract with someone just for moving other than you take money out of your pockets.

These guys LOST a customer before they even got one due to this idiotic and obviously money gabbing policy.

I just couldnt believe it..

Greg

Edited by griser

This is not true.

My step daughter moved from Songkhla to Pattaya and maintained the same account with True. There was an administration charge which included connecting the new dish. :)

Maybe it's more a/b individual laziness than policy. I know others who moved and had True restarted.

Humn there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in Land of Scams (LOS).

I can find the same inconsistencies in other countries, including the Western country I grew up in. I think some of us (including myself occasionally) blame simple human error on "this 3rd world country called LOS." I love Thailand and love living here.

Anyway.....to respond to the OP, I moved locations 2 times in 1 year and each time True moved my account without charge even! They didn't even charge me for re-installation, but that may be that the new locations already had True satellites to tap into. This young sales guy just made a simple mistake. You can talk to someone else at True (I would call, they are more knowledgeable at the Call Centers) to confirm this, as they will be the one you call when (if) you move your service.

Good luck.

Its not true.. I moved and just told them to send the bill to a new address.. not a word of complaint..

Their own engineer would re-install it all at the new house for 2000b fee but I think that was private fees / moonlighting not their own. In the end I didnt need them to.

Maybe it's more a/b individual laziness than policy. I know others who moved and had True restarted.

Humn there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in Land of Scams (LOS).

Maybe True is just mimicking the Thai Immigration Bureau; that is, having slightly different policies from office to office. :)

installation and deposit=b2000,usd 60?

when I got it in 1998, i had to give them all my savings.

what would you do with siler package even? No ESPN for sure. buy Shortwave transistor radio instead.

I can find the same inconsistencies in other countries, including the Western country I grew up in. I think some of us (including myself occasionally) blame simple human error on "this 3rd world country called LOS." I love Thailand and love living here. ME TOO

Anyway.....to respond to the OP, I moved locations 2 times in 1 year and each time True moved my account without charge even! They didn't even charge me for re-installation, but that may be that the new locations already had True satellites to tap into. This young sales guy just made a simple mistake. You can talk to someone else at True (I would call, they are more knowledgeable at the Call Centers) to confirm this, as they will be the one you call when (if) you move your service.

Good luck.

I would agree with this statement ... even when my Thai neighbours moved their dish 100 or 200 metres down the road, they were charged 2000 baht... to re set up, on their same contract.... so I think too, a simple mistake.

Last time I moved, True wanted 500 baht to come take down the dish, ( fair enough, Thai's don't work for free) so I did it myself, undoing four bolts is not hard..... & then had no problems setting up in new location or having to make new contract... just change of address.... & they set up again, I think at that time 1500 baht.

The other thing I will add here, is you generally can get same day service... whereas the "West"..... well maybe in a week or two or three.... & the cost is fair greater per year...

Give me service in Thailand any day.....

I think to be fair, just go back & check with the manager...

Griser,

What you've encountered is the old 'Thai' problem of, I don't know the answer to your question so I'll say anything rather than have to admit, I don't know the answer. It's all about saving so called face than offering real customer service.

Remember the golden rule in Thailand , you will never ever ever get the same answer from different people that work for the same company .

When you ask a question here about any product or service said company may be offering the answer that you will receive has nothing to do with reality . Do what ever research you can do on the internet ( avoid Thai sites as the golden rule applies here as well )

Just tell them by email you want to close your account. They'll then send you an email back saying how much they value you as a customer and offer you the option of a free move. This just happened to me last week.