What To Experience In Ramkamhaeng Road Bangkok

blackbox

Dear members,

I wish to explore this area but what should I look for and witch direction should I go? Any recommendations and suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not looking for anything certain so everything is welcome.

Thanks!

there is a good gym and a movie theater if you head away from town on the left, there is also a carr fore with an mbk in the same parking lot. a decent road side food stall in the same general area if you find anything in the way of night life i think it will be geared for thais.

there is a good gym and a movie theater if you head away from town on the left, there is also a carr fore with an mbk in the same parking lot. a decent road side food stall in the same general area if you find anything in the way of night life i think it will be geared for thais.

Thanks, man!

Which Soi number is the gym and movie theater located at? Could be interesting to check that out.

Thanks, man!

Which Soi number is the gym and movie theater located at? Could be interesting to check that out.

lower numbers not too far from nasavegas think in the 30's carrfore is around 80

Head towards Bangkapi (the opposite direction to the city). The Bangkapi Mall is becoming increasingly popular with Farangs. Next door you have the Tawunna Market, good for a stroll around, especially if you are shopping for womens clothes, although there are many other 'trinkets' to be found.

They even have their own 'Panthip Plaza' at Bangkapi now too, plus Comcity, Happyland. Bar, Music and drinking Area's - Tawunna Square 1 & 2 - Mostly frequented by students but still a good night out.

One of my favourite eateries is on Ramkamhaeng. Corner of Soi 16 I think, a small Chinese restaurant where the speciality are hand-made noodles (you can watch them kneading the dough into ever thinner strings). If the owner is there then a shiny blue custom-built HD is parked on the sidewalk, so you can't miss it. :D

There is the Sports Authority next to the university which has an Olympic-size swimming pool. Entrance fee is 50 Baht I think. Just remember to bring some speedos (oh, how wrong that sounds :) ). They don't allow shorts-style swimming gear neither bikinis for women (has to be a one-piece type swimming suit). There is also a fantastic food market on weekends just outside the gates from the Sports Authority. You can then sit on the lawn munching you dinner and watch folks play football or basketball.

Some great food on Soi 24

A few gay bars (89/2 --- and 24), a gay sauna (ram21 yaek2)

Foodland (cheapo american brekky)

Some fun college bars between Ram and Lad Prao

Avoid Lumsahlee intersection whenever possible :) (Where Sri Nakarin and Ram meet (about 100 meters from Lad Prao)

Thanks again everyone!

I will most certainly check most of the suggestions out.

I love sport so Sports Authority will be my first destination.

The gay bars and sauna will I avoid surely.

At Nasa Vegas Tower the traffic light has been out most of today and it doesn't help that there no policeman to guide traffic. It's insane.

Thanks again everyone!

At Nasa Vegas Tower the traffic light has been out most of today and it doesn't help that there no policeman to guide traffic. It's insane.

It would be worse with a policeman - believe me!

Thanks again everyone!

Are you sure? Really JD's suggestion didn't make you curious? :) I know in your original post you were a bit vague and didn't state you were hetero so please forgive other members for assuming you might like to visit a gay sauna. :D