Nature

soohk

Even the lizard girls want to feel pretty

Pekka...Great shot. Is this ole yellow from earlier posts grown up a bit?

Thanks S. This is quite small one. I'm quite sure it's the same family, but might be younger sister.

Here is the photos of the original baby yellowhead. I can not make the difference though. http://oilinki.com/blog/baby-yellowhead

We seem to have a squirrel days now :)

I had this, which is some kind of mixture between squirrel and a mouse today next to my house where I threw couple of old bananas.

Very, very fast animal.

16246800948_f158d53506_c.jpg

We seem to have a squirrel days now smile.png

I had this, which is some kind of mixture between squirrel and a mouse today next to my house where I threw couple of old bananas.

Very, very fast animal.

I would love one of them as a pet, never seen one before.

As a pet though I'm not saying stick it in a small cage, I would build it's own large personal jungle and throw in same ladies and the live food they thrive on.

Although after that initial thought, animals should not be captivated unless they are in danger, of dying out. Rebreed them and reintroduce them to their natural habitat.

I wish mankind would protect the elephants.

Zoo's that are there to make money in a commercial sense should be outlawed.

People that pay for riding elephants and watching them paint pictures should be imprisoned along with the people that arrange that set up.

Yeah........take their kneecaps etc...

• Like 1

@sunshine: Thanks! I was hoping and really a bit expecting that some of our members would be able to give more information of the animal I encountered. I was not disappointed :) I could have spend a lot of time to figure out what the animal was, and even then I would have been doubting if I got it correctly.

That is the power of the community where questions are welcomed and answered. We all gain from it.

I think it's fair to assume that most of us, who interact with the wild animals, respect their own lives. This means that we don't really have pets, but better defined, there are wild animals which sometimes interact with us. We don't want the wild animals to be dependant of us, but occasional interaction is actually pretty nice. Mutual learning experience that we don't have to be afraid of each others.

@ Pekka...I think interacting on occasion with wild animals is a good thing

as long as it is understood, on the animals terms that is, that we are both

wild animals. Know what I mean? Like with ones pet dog(s)..they must think

that we are the best hunters in the world since nearly every time we leave

the house we return with some sort of food and they get some of it..so it's no

wonder why they'll guard the house!

But the dog is different...even feral/wild dogs compared to say...a tiger,

clouded leopard, wild boar, a water monitor, the neighbours carabao...etc.

@ Assurancetourix...hanging around the farm with the deer is a nice thing

to do however...be very careful around the males with antlers. One quick

turn of it's head and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you will

most assuredly end up one of two ways...1. Enroute to hospital after being

severly gored. 2. Dead after being gored. Those antlers look nice but they

ain't for show...be advised, be careful, be safe.

As a photog & conservationist I fully beleve that wild animals should remain

just that...wild. If they choose to interact with us in a positive manner; meaning

we're not gonna end up as lunch, dinner or a snack between meals...then it

is a great thing...a spiritual thing even. It's their choice to do so..not ours.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

Thank u sunshine for your advice...

I was not close the male and the boss of the farm was near me .

I have shot other animals - black female pig and her many children - in that farm

16393807915_83ed64e41e_b.jpgP1010602_nong_luang_maman_cochon_et_bebes by vanhouten1, on Flickr

16207585249_bbde99b4d0_b.jpgP1010601_nong_luang_maman_cochon_et_bebes by vanhouten1, on Flickr

Athyma selenophora Common through Indian sub continent but uncommon in Thailand according to Ek-Amnuay p414. The plate sample seems quite faded and the red barely shows but I think this is just the specimen and agree with Robby. I found this one quite hard to work out for sure as there are a number of very similar "sergeants". The underwing seems more diagnostic - this one would be a male.and the underwing of the male has a very distinctive black dot near the base of the forewing. Thanks for the shot anyway.

Butterflies again

attachicon.gifB f staff sargent.JPG

Staff Sargent

A lot of the sailors also Mousehound, not a lot of difference and I may well (probably) have some of them wrong.

post-12069-0-55225100-1424668863_thumb.j

Clear sailor, I think.

post-12069-0-27069100-1424669041_thumb.j

Burmese Sailor, Also think.

post-12069-0-95923800-1424669109_thumb.j

Short banded sailor

And again, think.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

Not too sure but I think they are moths, wingspan about 20mm.

attachicon.gifP1030779a_cr.jpg

I would think these are part of Arctiidae (Tiger Moths). These often have small to no proboscis and tiny maxillary. Some are diurnal and often these are brightly banded colour (aposematic) and may be poisonous or mimic poisonous species. There are 6000 or so species and are most common in the tropics. Thanks for the pics.

By the way I am no expert - just a student of biology and moths I find really interesting as we know so little about them. My identification may well be wrong and I usually struggle just to get them into families.