Need Somebody To Test Streaming U.s. Tv In Chiang Mai

TrippRitter

I am currently living in the U.S. and have a SageTV server running on a computer with basic cable. I have tested it from remote locations within the U.S. and it works really really good. I am interested to see how it performs for someone in Chiang Mai, I am looking for someone who is fairly technical as you may need to do a bit of troubleshooting to get it working right.

Forewarning the signal is an old analog cable signal and is really bad watching it locally, so the quality on your end will not be great even with best case scenario. Whoever helps me will be able to use the service until the SageTV demo expires (about 10 days or so) so long as I am not using it.

Any takers should send me a PM with specifications of the computer that you will be using cpu, ram, video card etc... as well as the broadband service you will be using to connect with. You will also need to download a demo version of SageTVs placeshifter software.

I all ready have been using a sling box, Roku and now a WD box for a couple of years.

How is this going to be any better than the mentioned plug and play systems?

Maybe I'm wrong but there are several streaming options already in place.

Can you explain your system?

Thanks

I all ready have been using a sling box, Roku and now a WD box for a couple of years.

How is this going to be any better than the mentioned plug and play systems?

Maybe I'm wrong but there are several streaming options already in place.

Can you explain your system?

Thanks

Sure, the solution i am using is a software solution instead of a hardware solution like slingbox or monsoon. You have a bit more configuration options with a software solution. To be honest I wouldn't be opposed to using slingbox, however you can't record programming with slingbox like you can with SageTV. Plus I am not looking to spend a whole lot of money, I already have a spare computer with a tv tuner card and the SageTV software is only $99. I like the fact that if I find myself in a situation where my connection is not strong enough to support streaming viewing I can always schedule my program to be recorded. Then once the program is recorded I can download the entire recording and watch it beginning to end once it has downloaded without having to worry about it buffering or anything.

Ok, I understand.

Yep I have spent some time and money trying to find something thats works perfect. Nothing yet. But give it time.

I gave up on UBC/True a long time ago.

I understand what your looking for. I have a home theater, A whole floor dedicated to it, (well that and the bar).

But when I want quality viewing I still pop in the dvd.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

It won't be anything to get excited about. I really really need my American college football, if I can watch vhs quality OU football I am good :)

you might actually get that live on thai tv, and in HD

At the moment they are showing big10 baseball in HD on the new HD channel, and last season they showed college football live on uspn.

It won't be anything to get excited about. I really really need my American college football, if I can watch vhs quality OU football I am good :D

At the moment they are showing big10 baseball in HD on the new HD channel, and last season they showed college football live on uspn.

Never hears of uspn. :)

It won't be anything to get excited about. I really really need my American college football, if I can watch vhs quality OU football I am good :D

Never hears of uspn. :D

ESPN then.

Always wondered about what it is short for, ExtraSensory Perception Network would be my guess... :)